Sears / lawn mower warranty/repair

I have an extended, 3 year warranty on my Craftsman riding lawn mower by Sears. I have had a Sears repairman out 5 times to repair problems on the mower. Right now, I have several problems again: 1) sometimes will not turn over or start for several times before it finally starts 2) mower blade sometimes will not engage when the lever is engaged 3) sometimes the mower dies when the blade is engaged 4) the cutting deck will not stay level 5) right now, the mower will not go forward or backwards at all. I have talked with the Sears area manager twice. The last time was Wednesday, April 27. He promised to get back with me ASAP concerning replacing the mower and also paying for the times I have had to hire someone to mow my lawn. I am a patient man; however, this is not the way to do business. I am convinced the mower is a bad product and I would like my money back or a new mower.

Comments

• Ki
      30th of Jul, 2015

I just brought my lawnmower in because it won't stay running, found out the repairs used to be done in ma 40miles from plymouth now I find out they send them out to maryland, I wont get my lawnmower for 6 weeks that is Insane not worth the money for warranty t or he mowers break way to easy and now they don't fix them in reasonable time. Im going to call and complain to someone ripping people off not fair .

• Se
      10th of Aug, 2018

We have an extended warranty on our lawnmower. It broke in June, they said someone would come out. The guy called us that day and we told him the engine was locked up. Said he would order a new one and it would take about 3 days for it to come in and he should be out 2 to 3 days after that to put it on. We never heard another word from him, wouldn't answer his phone and wouldn't return the calls. Called Sears back, said they saw the engine was ordered but got another appointment date, would be there from 8-5. At 3:30 I told a friend that the tech would call at 4:45 and say he wasn't going to make it. He called my husband's number at 4:20, he had been given my alternate number because we knew there was a chance he would be in a dead zone on his phone, but he never called me. When his phone finally got the notice, he let me know and I called the tech's number, no answer, left a message. Called him again the next morning, same thing no answer no return call. Called sears again, got another date, it was yesterday. Stayed here all day and he never came and he never called. We now have another date for next week, that will be two months since the lawnmower broke. My 70 year old husband has been having to borrow a lawnmower. He has to go load it up on a trailer bring it home, unload it use it and load it back up and take it back then unload it back into their shed. I called and got a case number from the main headquarters, today I called them to see what they were doing and they say they can't find us in the system anywhere!!!