Sears

Posted:

mattress warranty

Sears
I purchased a cal king mattress from Sears. Within 4 months it was sagging and lumpy. After many many hours of being transferred to different people, which I have every name they said they would replace the mattress. We again had to travel over 2 hours to the store pick out another mattress and wait for months to receive it which of course we had to travel again 2 hours one way to pick it up. Imagine our surprise the second mattress was worse than the 1st. My husband sinks in and I am on a lump. It has been over a year with no replies from Sears we keep getting the run around. This mattress has a 10 year warranty. I do have all the paper work and names.
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mattresses

Comments

N  25th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
Dear mothermoon,

My name is Scott, and I'm a case manager with Sears Cares Escalations. I was saddened to read your post. I'm sorry for your mattress experience. I can only imagine the frustration and inconvenience you've been through trying to get this matter resolved. Our team would like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the mattress was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (mothermoon) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.
Senior Case Manager
Sears Cares
N  31st of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
Well I received another call from a different Sears represenative guess what after months of taking pictures, lack of sleep, stress etc they will not honor the warranty imagine. I will be getting a lawyer. I can't believe that Sears treats their customers like this. My time is worth something. I have had 3 different people taking care of this with different stories ie: please take this picture then there isn't enough pictures so please take more, we had to take the whole bed apart to take pictures of the frame etc. The mattress sinks over 2 inchs without any one on it, springs sticking in your back or where ever you might be :( A warranty is a warranty that Sears does not honor.
N  31st of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
To mothermoon,

My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and I'm sorry that you are still dealing with this issue! I have updated your file with your latest post and we would be more than happy to look into this issue and try to assist. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the mattress was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (mothermoon) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support
A  12th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
Sears warranty department is still just as bad. My wife and I purchased a Sealy Ti2 king mattress set in Jan. 2014, which began to breakdown by the fall. We filed our initial complaint in November/December time frame and was told that we would receive a call within 72 hours and that an email would be sent with instructions on photographing instructions. After a week and no phone call or email, we once again contacted the warranty department and was told that no claim number was generated on our claim so the claim had to be filed again. We took the required pictures and attempted to email them to Sears warranty dept. however we live in a very rural area and our internet is not that great so we were unable to successfully email digital images. We contacted Sears again and were given a physical address to mail the photos to, which we mailed the photos on a CD along with copies of sales receipts and warranty information. Several weeks later we were contacted by Serta (not Sealy) and told that we had sent this package to them. Call Sears again, get another address and resubmit yet another package, and now since everything has gotten so confused they decide to close this claim and open a new claim. Once again several weeks pass, no word so my wife calls Sears to inquire as to a status and is told that "we do not accept pictures on CD, you need to send hard copies". Mailed that package and called Sears approximately 3-4 weeks later. Sears rep now states that there is no note in the system about photos being received, my wife asked the rep if it were possible to check for them to which she was placed on hold. The rep came back on line a few minutes later and told my wife "Ma'am there are tons of pictures back there, there is no way I can go through them and attempt to locate them. At this point I decided to get the BBB involved. Filed BBB complaint and about 4 weeks later got a response from one of Sears Regulatory Specialist stating that after reviewing my case/complaint I have a valid warranty return, she would allow an exchange or upgrade (me paying the difference in cost, which is no problem to me). Her response included for me to contact the warranty department, which I did and they could no longer access my claim. I then called the Regulatory specialist's direct number and got voicemail, left my information and requested a return call (which I did not get then or any since). I also sent an email to her directly which she did answer, stating that she would be handling my claim. We discussed (over multiple emails and days) questions/concerns I had and I had informed her that I would need to visit an actual Sears store to determine what mattress I wanted to exchange for. My wife and I drove (100 miles each way) and selected a mattress. I have made numerous attempts over the last week to contact the Regulatory specialist via phone and email, and now can not get a response/reply. My wife just got off of the phone with Sears Holding Corp. in Hoffman Estates and initially was transferred back to the warranty dept. (same warranty dept. that can not access the claim), on the second attempt was told that the particular Regulatory specialist we have been dealing with is the highest person in that department and that there is no one else that she could tell us to talk to.
A  12th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
Sears is a joke and they wonder why they are going out of business! I have been given the run around by sears in Knoxville i was told i had a 120 day warranty on a MATTRESS was given this information by 2 separate sales people. We went back several times before making our purchase. I called do to comfort issues after buying a split king. ( once sold and commission collected, you deal with a call center and talk to someone at best with broken English) The store after calling 4 hours and no one answering for 2 days finally reaching someone in appliances gave me the warranty number to call. the girl said I had 60 days I disagreed and told her what i was told by the store. after looking it up came back and proceeded to take my case and then got to the item number to replace it. I was told by the store they would handle it to come in once i got a case number, call center said I had to have that number already and I was fine and had time to go find a bed and call back. i drove an hour and half to the store found the bed i wanted to exchange and called back with the number. all knowing i would have to pay 15% restocking fee. They told me at this time that I could only exchange half the bed since it was a 2 mattresses even tho it was considered a split king which makes a king bed they way it is sold as a king. I escalated it to a mgr at the call center, who would have someone call me back because it was approved but their computers wouldn't allow them to exchange both so they had to have help in that area, talked to the store mgr on duty who called up to the mattress dept and they said, yes the exchange works for both it is a king bed. we had to wait for the call center to call back. 8 am Saturday morning i get a call and the lady says, sorry the warranty is only for 60 days even tho the sales people said 120 it is what it is. good bye. so we called the store mgr who said, I'll take care of it it is 120 and directed us to call the call center back and give them the case number and if they couldn't figure it out call her back and she would do it. called the call center back and they put us on hold one hour and i guess thats all you can hold for the cal was disconnected. so... called the store mgr back, we were back to they could only exchange one side. she took care of it by forwarding my call to the inshore mattress mgr. who took the info and phone curtsey left little to be desired she had no interest but would call and figure it out. she said there should be a 120 day warranty and they should exchange both sides it is a king mattress, just split to make a king. she was going to escalate it from her end. We never heard back a week, then they tell us that they called our home number but no one answered i have a phone that keeps numbers of who called sears never called. So we call the store mgr back and we ask who can help and the circle of people who i have names and times records of calling and the sales people we worked with names and time logs and records and why we were lied to about the warranty she says you weren't lied to. Amazing she wasn't there when we bought the beds I guess she is clairvoyant. I will say, I have proof from and records of someone I know that bought a bed from sears and the store handled in house their return of a split king and right at 120 days. this seems to pick and choose, discrimination in my opinion, don't buy a bed from sears unless you want to hire an attorney to do the leg work. WE are now back to 60 day warranty and from what they say you can't estate it any further they are the end all be all and final say at sears. Nice to hear that from someone you can't understand because they speak broken English. From our experience you get the run around from Dept.to Dept at call centers where you talk to someone with half broken english. I will continue to post on message boards, social media, union boards with members of over 3000 people to let them know how sears is and never will be the sears where customers are priority. I will be in contact with news media's and every outlet i can find. i have been lied to from the sales to call centers to the Mgr's at the store itself. what a joke! BUYERS BEWARE!!! they are out for commission which, side note that is what the sales guy was worried about he even said, i'm gonna take the commission and if so and so say's anything i guess i will give hims some money. also, i paid extra for a Saturday delivery and they never showed up they came out days later and never credited me back for the weekend delivery fee.
A  15th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
This company's warranty department sucks!! Have had same problem with an expensive mattress I purchased 3 years ago. Still no resolution. I have told everyone I know NOT to purchase a mattress from Sears, and I will not be purchasing from them ever again!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree