Sears / will not honor warranty

I purchased Sears Replacement Windows in 1993 and was guarantee a lifetime warranty on warping, chipping, pealing and cracking and a 20 year warranty on loss of the insulated seal for as long as I owned my home. I called Sears talked with Rhonda and I requested that I needed someone to come and repair 4 windows and I had a warranty to cover this. She requested I fax her a copy of my warranty. I faxed a copy and received a call back from Rhonda on my answering machine stating that this warranty was just an estimate not a warranty. The two windows I needed repaired were warped and the other two the seals were broken. I bought these windows because of the lifetime warranty. The warranty specifically said that Sears will grant a lifetime warranty on these window not the window company. They will not honor my warranty and said my warranty was only good for a year. I had Sears come out and fix my windows in 1998 and was not charged for the repair. This was past the one year period and they should have the warranty I sent them on file. I am very upset with Sears and will no longer purchase anything from them. They do not stand by what they say, which makes them untrustworthy.
Mary Ash.

A  20th of Aug, 2008 by
thanks for the inform about sears windows i have them coming out to my house thurday for new windows/prices.
A  29th of Sep, 2015 by
I am having the exact experience. In 2003, I purchased six low-E windows for approximately $575.00 each! In 2007, I put in a claim for two lower sashes which had tiny cracks in a lower corner. A Sear's Rep came out and agreed with replacing them. New windows were delivered to my house via UPS. I am having a similar issue which I have been attempting to resolve since late July, to no avail. Today, I have made several calls to them. They told me that they have no record of either my warranty or purchase! They only keep records for 7 to 10 years. BS!

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands