Sears Appliances / rip off guaranteed

United States Review updated:
We bought 7 appliances through Sears for 2 houses. The 1st washer broke so many times Sears spent over $4,000 fixing it. The repairman would laugh every time he came by.

Finally, after I renewed all the appliances with a 5 year warranty then Sears finally called and tried to get us to waive the washer off the warranty! LOL!

The 2nd range, a fridgeidaire gallery gas model has never worked properly in almost 5 years. I just found out from rapid resolution at Sears that the only way they replace an appliance is if you have 4 repairs WITH parts during the same calendar year. Because they have been "adjusting the stove" all these years therefore the repair visits never counted towards the lemon clause in our service agreement. FYI, the burner will be working fine then the flame just shuts off and the gas spews out while you not looking. A slight fire hazard.

So we are going to try and follow the repair guidelines and either get the stove fixed or get it replaced. After 5 years of failed repairs we are not too hopeful.

Lastly, calling Sears for repairs is downright scary. One day I was literally on the phone for 6 hours trying to order a part for the repair tech on the stove. The repair tech was not allowed to order the part. i had to do it. i had one guy about 4 hours into it that I was pretty irate with. he assured me that my complaints with Sears were unfounded and he could get the part ordered. After he was on the phone for an hour with me as he was calling other Sears depts., he ended up cussing out another Sears employee. I just had to say, "I told you so." He finally gave up and I had to start all over with another customer service rep. I got one who knew how to work the system after about 15 different tries...

A  12th of Apr, 2007 by
My $850.00 dishwasher got stuck between cycles. I called Sears repair and he used a Star Wars light show toy to analyze the problem. He said, "don't try to use the dishwasher, it needs a new "board" This will cost another $429.00 in addition to the $65.00 show up fee.

I was mad. I found out from a Home Depot Appliance salesman that all it was was that it was stuck in a cycle. "Just run the whole cycle through again and it ill clear itself."
It did and It runs like new.

Now to get my money back. That is impossible. SEARS repair knew that the machine was fine, and that is why he told me not to use it till he gets back with the part. Also found out that on the more expansive machines the major parts are waranteed for life.

DON"T Call Sears repair.
N  5th of Sep, 2007 by

Sears Appliances - Longest run around one could possibly imagine

To whom it may concern:

My wife & I bought a Whirlpool ET25DMXDW01 model in 1998. We have always bought Sears appliances.

We had the the usual maintenance service over the years and we have paid for Sears extended service ( on and off) for several years.

We also have other Sears appliances (washer & dryer etc.).

We have been very happy with the Whirlpool refrigerator and we still use it and is in very good condition.

Almost 10 months ago, the handle for the bottom right drawer (crisper pan) broke and we requested Sears to replace it inorder for us to use the set drawer for fruits and vegetables as we are not able to make usage of that drawer.

Today, I have accumulated several pages of transactions with Sears Home Central to no avail.

We have had the longest run around one could possibly imagine.

We have had several technicians come out to write out the same order several times.

We have dealt with many service reps at Sears Home Center and they have always told us that the problem would and should be fixed and if the replacement would not be available the policy requires them to replace it with a new refrigerator. After many months, my wife handed this file over to me.

Once again, I began my request from the bottom and all the way to the executive line (as they told me).

Finally, they had acknowledged that the replacement was no longer available and forwarded me to another division.

Tel: 619-441-2544 (very difficult line to talk to someone...) After many hours of waiting on the tel. I have spoken with Ms. Chris and Ms. Marilyn... again to no avail.

Last I spoke with Ms. Marilyn advised me that the part was no longer available and that Sears was not interested in replacing the refrigerator which totally contradicts my extended service with them.

What am I to do? Can you help us?

Arlene & Sabi Kent
N  14th of Aug, 2008 by
We bought all top of the line Kenmore Elite~ all Garbage!
N  30th of Apr, 2010 by

Sears Appliances - All appliances have never been repaired properly

We bought top of the line Sears products in January 2006, Washer, Dryer, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Technicians don't know what they are doing so I stopped calling. Waiting to buy a better brand.

They came out to fix washer at least 4 times in the first year. I wrote and called the CEO and they chose not to respond to me.

Don't buy Sears products, I will never make that mistake again.
N  30th of May, 2012 by

Sears Appliances - Delivery Issues

Delivery customer service reps. can't understand most of the time - can't speak English well. Appliance was delivered broken, had to reschedule delivery for next day. Gave Sears my cell phone to call so I can make sure I'm home for the delivery. They called wrong phone number and thus I missed the delivery etc. Sears doesn't understand that people have to take time off from work when appliances are delivered! I spent 40 minutes on the phone to someone who couldn't speak English well trying to get a supervisor. Finally I agree to have the supervisor call me even though I know they won't! If you can, try and buy your appliances somewhere else. Saving a few dollars is not worth going through Sears!
N  12th of Jul, 2012 by

Sears Appliances - Terrible Service
San Diego

We bought a dishwasher last year after waiting 10 years to be able to afford and install one. It hasn't worked properly since install and now erroring out part way through the cycle. Called Sears for repair on the service plan we paid hundreds of $ for, had to wait a week for first available appt. Technician cancelled day of service, had to wait another week, I called to confirm that he was coming, never showed. Lied about saying no one was home when he came and when I called the next day to complain to our local store the call record had been CHANGED to read that WE cancelled the service call. Of course the next available appointment is another week away - 3 weeks and counting. Foolishly purchased a refrigerator in June.. We had them check before making the purchase to confirm it was in stock and they assured us it was, though it would still be 1".5 weeks before delivery. You guessed it - cancelled the day before. Big surprise - not really in stock, sales tactic. Had to wait another week;. Really bad taste in my mouth. Really sorry I gave them thousands of dollars of our hard-earned money. Never again.
N  13th of Jul, 2012 by

Hello my name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I can understand how disappointing this experience with your dishwasher been for you. It is certainly upsetting for a new appliance not to work properly. We would like to look into this with you and see if there is anything we can do to make this right.
At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com to put an end to your frustration. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (D.R.K.) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.