SBI Credit Card / poor service!

India Review updated:
I have Applied for an SBI Credit card for booking Railway tickets, so that can get discounts. But I could not use it online, so i have never used this card. Now i am getting a call saying since i have not used this card i have to cancel this, by paying Rs.3800. When i asked for the reason, they are saying we need to pay. Otherwise they will send a legal notice and make sure that i will not be able to use any of my bank accounts.

Beware people!

Am
  24th of Oct, 2006

SBI Credit ards - Poor serice
India

My name is Amit Juneja My Sbi card # is 43175ssss. Since i got my card i am getting statements in name of Amit Jain. I have called your call center 7 times and gave the request to change my name and every time they do not issue me a complaint # and says it will be done and from next billing cycle i will recive statements in my name.I spoke to Ditesh or hitesh He did not pronounced his name clearly even i asked him many time then i ask for his emp code:-he did not provided me he simply said i will not provide with any information and he simply dinied to call any supervisor or team leader on call called at 10:21PM on 6th september 2006 and he disconnected the call. Is this type of services you are providing to customers.

I want an appology letter from Sbi and i want all my statements in original from since my card got activated in my name.If needed we can meet in court of law. I want a revert before 22nd of this month otherwise i will be forced not to pay the outstanding amount.
Ra
  3rd of Jun, 2007
Re: SBI Credit Card

I Mr Rajendra Suresh Dakhale residing at 63/3108 Vartak Nagar, Thane – 400 606. My Mobile No 98218 02 695. I am not at all satisfied with the services which is provided to me from SBI cards resulting that I would like to cancel my Credit Card with immediate effect.

I have paid Rs 17,768=62 ( Seventeen Thousand Seven hundred Sixty eight & Sixty two paise by Cheque only. I had issued a cheque from my Saving Account to SBI Card. Cheque is debited in my account on 21/07/2006 as per the Bank Statement from The Mahanagar Co-Op Bank Ltd. From August or September onwards I am getting calls from SBI Payment Services Pvt Ltd Delhi for the Payment They are asking me the payment of the amount which is paid by me in july only. after fighting with them for a month or more I am able to convince them about my case. Till that time every day I was getting calls from different executives. In December I got call from SBI Andheri that your payment is outstanding they are also asking for the payment which is paid by me in July 06. worst part is that they came to my residence for the payment unfortunately I was in office but when I came to know that person from SBI came for payment I immediately called him & tell him the truth. Next day I went to Bank & collected Bank Statement as well as the certificate from the Bank mentioning that the 17768-62 is debited to my account on 21/07/06 and credit send through RBI Clearing to SBI Andheri Branch after two days Mr Mangesh from SBI andheri called me & told me that your cheque was in suspense account now it will get credited to your account. Today is February 23.2007 even 7 days before I have received the bill from SBI cards and asking to pay around 4000 to 5000 for the Interest or something. You tell me sir why I should pay the interest & what about the wastage of time & energy which I have spend to convince to sbi card’s useless people ( They help me after 5 months ). So many times I ask for the senior persons no or name to explain my problem but he didn’t give me the no his mobile no is 9819921104.

In future I will not go for SBI Card neither I will suggest my friends & relatives reason is that I have got such horrible experience from you people.

Even after paying money, SBI executives were after me like a ( I don’t want to write ). You tell me a single reason why customer like me should not launch a complaint against SBI to appropriate authorities. I spoke to Mr Mangesh and asked that why sbi is again sending me the bill and asking for the interest or charges. He has only one answer Next month it will clear.

Now from Two months I am following up this case with Mr Rakesh ( from SBI Payments Services – andheri ) but still I am getting the Bills from SBI .

Please clear this issue immediately otherwise I will hav to go to appropriate authorities due to deficiency of Services against SBI. ( At your Cost ). Please treat this as request or warning or whatever but sort out my issue immediately.

Now have applied credit card to HSBC but they have rejected my appl. Sir, Again I am requesting you to do something in my case.

Even Today I am following up this issue with Rakesh but no response.

Ranendra Dakhale
(Unsatisfied Customer )

Note : Watchman Pravin & Kadam handling Customer Complaints at SBI Payment Services Pvt Ltd 28312744. They can not transfer the line & They don't have any executives or senior persons no. This is one of the Best Service from SBI.
Ar
  29th of Jun, 2007
Yes i really agree with u, SBI is doing a bull***t job by keeping a unqualified customer care ppls and Accountants who doesn't even know to even credit the account when they get a excess amount in the balance instead charging interest and asking to pay the minimum payment... such a horrible service... shame of SBI credit card service and one thing which i don't understand that why the higher officers are hiding themself in this... shame!
Ve
  9th of Jul, 2007
I have purchased Air Travel Tickets some time during In feb'07 and I have opted to fly through Air-Deccan as SBI-Credit Card was giving 10% cash Back offer as mentioned in several AD's and monthly offers sent along with Credit card statement. However this has not happened till now, I have sent several mails and called their call center about this, I was told that that would be credited back in next month bill and asked me to wait.

Now I believe this is cheating and I am fooled by such offer. With this regard I wish to bring to every once's notice that how painful to have a credit card and falling to such attractive offers from such Credit card companies. I am not still sure if this a fault by SBI the leading banking company in India or is it a fault by GE who is the agency handling Credit Cards on behalf of Bank.
Mu
  10th of Aug, 2007
Very harsh system if any customer wants to charge back the payment made wrongly on the internet.

Beware!
Ar
  11th of Aug, 2007
I have paid my due amount Rs. 2000 /- to the SBI Credit Card Collection Agent. I got the receipt for the same. but the agent paid only Rs 1500 to my credit card account. I asked the collection agent but he replied that he spent the amount in an urgency. I made complaint to sbi customer service they asked me to fax me the receipt copy i faxed it for four times and i got a letter stated to send a hard copy to SBI Customer service and again i sent it through courier. But still there is no response from SBI customer care i left it because i have SPENT MORE THAN Rs 600 to get back my Rs 500.

SBI CARD HOLDERS PLEASE BE AWARE OF THESE COLLECTION AGENTS. KINDLY DROP YOUR CHEQUES DIRECTLY IN SBI BANK.
Dr
  16th of Aug, 2007
I have applied for a SBI Card about 1 month back in Hyderabad. Their costumer executive came who seems like a very lousy fellow. He could not speak at all. He took all the documents needed and left. Later when I was going away from my office, I found my visiting card whom the executive threw away after asking for it himself. Now I am tired calling the customer care people. They just say your form has not been submitted or else you wait a few more days. I am tired of this SBI Creduit card ###. This is the ### Bank with executives that I have ever faced. Please don't even apply let along own it as you will be left with headaches only.
Na
  29th of Dec, 2007
Very negligent and poor service. I am not receiving my bill statement on time. Other advertisements, forms are coming regularly on proper address save and except monthly payment statement. Every time i have to call up personally and asked for the statement still i dont receive. I am facing difficulties while making payment. If i dont pay for non receipt of statement people from recovery department called harass and give bad words. I feel RBI should take stringent action regarding this.

It is pertinent to point out that my last complaints regarding harrassement by customer care service was withdrawn immidiately on next day by the compalint board from site for reason best known to them.

Nayana Gaikwad
Byculla, Mumbai.
Ku
  20th of Apr, 2008
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am really surprised to know that for address proof you are not accepting PASSPORT but you are accepting all other documents. I wanted to apply for the SBI Cards but I have been told that SBI is not accepting PASSPORT as a proof of residence because people can make it by forgery. I just wanted to know that in India which documents you can not get or make after paying some amount? If this is so then why you are accepting PASSPORT as a proof of residence or Identity at the time of opening an account with your bank? Do you have any proof that the PAN CARD which you are accepting as a proof of Identity can not be made by forged? And for your kind information without proper Police Verification no one can get PASSPORT.

It’s my humble request to you is that please notify about these absurd policy to the policy maker of your organization.

With Regards,

Ch
  27th of Apr, 2008

SBI Credit card - poor service
India

three times your costomer relation ofrficers visited my office for making credit cards. we three employees of mnc abbott india limited applied for credit card but there was no response. we once again approached your bank and they told that ours applications were not given to your bank. we second time submitted our application but there was no quiry. one of my junior colleague got sms on his mobile that he is not eligible to get sbi credit card but after some days he got the credit card. what a good services, you are providing. after passing of two months when we approached your one costomer relation executive mr janmit singh at delhi he asked us to furnish our details to him on his e mail id. we forwarded the same but no action is there. if state bank do not want to issue credit card, they should refuse the same. please depute your senior executive to look into the matter immediately
Dr
  14th of Sep, 2008
online monthly ststement of account s not available.on sunday holidays not working .send my statement by mail every month .
Na
  21st of Jun, 2010
I am not happy with your credit card and willing to get back my money as soon as. Please take necessary action return back money.

reason for not happy .

1. Credit card was not delivered in time.
2. hiden chargers frist it was 850 after 899 but I am receiving as 920 as billing amount.
3. Billing details are invalid.

State Bank of India [SBI] Logo State Bank of India [SBI]