Royal Holiday Vacation Club / annual maintenance fees

US Review updated:

We purchased a membership entry level identified as Bronze Plus for $6, 950.00 in April 2003. This gave us the benefit of using 10, 000 credits for the use of lodging, during thirty years. We have payed annual maintenance fees which have been raised throughout all these years.The time has come that we are unable to continue paying . these fees. I want to return the credits without receiving any money in return but they refused. My husband is disabled and I take care of him. We both are unemployed. What can we do???? The annual fees are due in January 2013 and we have no money to pay those charges.

Lu

Comments

Jul 24, 2013

Timeshare scams are HUGE problem in Mexico. We purchased a Royal Elite Timeshare last year. We were promised all kinds of opportunity, while they kept serving us cold Coronas. Between HSI, RCI, and Royal Elite it seems that this is all a scam. We initially made three payments of $800, and now after Royal Elite has made a mistake with their collections back in the end of 2008, Monterey Financial has been threatening to send me to court to recover the unpaid portion ever since. Royal Elite is almost impossible to contact. This has become a huge pain, and a troubling financial burden. These are more complaints made on the Royal Elite timeshare resorts:

We will not go down without a fight. We are working now with PROFECO and will continue to haunt them