Complaints & Reviews

fraud company

Royal Holiday sold us a time share on the agreement that they would purchase my existing time share. We made it perfectly clear to them that this entire deal was contingent upon the purchase of our time share and that we could not afford it otherwise. They made guarantees that our time share would be purchased within 180 days from the time we signed. We then took their advice and opened an account with RCI that would give us 6 months of no payments and no interest with the understanding that it needed to be paid in full before 6 months were up to avoid any interest. No problem we thought since we had a guarantee from them to buy our time share.

After we got home, we did not hear back from anyone for months so I called Royal Holiday numerous times only to be ignored time and time again. I then decided to call the company that was going to purchase our time share (Gene Cantrell from International Leisure Group)only to have him blow off my calls for weeks. Through persistence and numerous calls, I finally got a hold of Mr. Cantrell only to have him tell me that he was in trouble with the IRS and that he hoped to get it cleared up soon. I called a representative from Royal Holiday to let them know that this did not look like it would happen and that I wanted out of the deal. They said they would find someone else to purchase my time share and would get back to me within 24 hours. I heard nothing for weeks. I then started calling daily until Joe Harrison from Royal Holiday finally told me that Mr Cantrell and International Leisure group was back on track and would be purchasing my time share days before the 180 day deadline. When I called Mr. Cantrell to confirm, he told me that he was still trying to work it out and he was hopeful that he could make this happen. Both were lies. Neither company called back, and my 6 month deadline came and went with no returned calls. The problem was now that the loan was due and needed to be paid in full, along with interest for the past 6 months since we missed the deadline.
It is very obvious that both Royal Holiday and International Leisure group colluded to string me along so I would be forced to pay the extra charges and give me little chance of getting out of this contact.

I then started talking with Joe Harrison from Royal Holiday about terminating my contract due to the fact it was rendered void when they could not honor their guarantee to purchase my time share. Mr Harrison seemed sincere at first, but that quickly turned into the same run around that I had already grown used to. He promised calls from supervisors, promised to find a new buyer for my old time share, and then finally promised to come up with a new deal. Of course, all of this has taken 3 months and still nothing. Mr Harrison promised me a final resolve on Aug 1st only to tell me the person he needed to speak to was on vacation and he would need a few more days. After a few more days passed, he again promised to have an answer for me by Aug 8th, knowing I was leaving the country on the 10th. Today is the 22nd and still no call. I tried calling Mr Harrison today only to have the office number ring endlessly and his cell number is now disconnected.

KellyRhds Mar 31, 2012

trade-ins are often offer during the presentation to get you to sign the contract making you believe that the resort itself will do the transfer or sale of your previous timeshare, when later found out its not true and that a third party is involve is when you start believing maybe it was not what they sold you.

here is another blacklist for Royal holiday, fill with more complaints about their lies and empty promises

dissolution of agreement

My wife and I bought a Royal Holiday package in the Bahamas in 2003. It was used one time that year with "bonus" points we were given at that time in order to spend a few days in Cancun at their resort in the "off season". We paid the yearly fee fro 4 or 5 years and stopped when trying to get this cancelled. So, we gave them over $13K plus fees for 4 or 5 years, and it's never been used. They keep sending collections letters and phone calls and going after our credit reporting now. They told my wife in 2008 or early 2009 right after the 20/20 report that they would cancel us. When we called back a few months after the collections kept coming, they stated it would take a few more months to "drop out of their system". Well, now here is April 2011, they say we never called to cancel and that we can't cancel. The "Supervisor" won't call back as we were told, and collections harrasment keeps on coming. I don't even want the money back which we gave them for nothing. I just want this cancelled and the collections to stop. Has anyone had success getting a Dissolution of the Agreement, or know how to go about this?

SariPa Apr 12, 2011

I rally wonder how they can just keep this $ 13K - its unbelievable. Im sorry, but I just dont get it, how on warth you are not getting this money back. Theres law system in States too, and this what they do is definatelly illegal as you must know.

You have been very generous which Im not going to be. This has been A CRIME!

False Timeshare Advertising

This company scammed me into signing a timeshare contract 5 years ago that I have never used. They showed me the best hotel suites in the Wyndam (in Nassau, Bahamas) and told me I would be able to have a hotel room like this one, if I signed on. Since this timeshare works in points, I found that I could not afford ANY of the hotels according to my points. I would have to pay several hundred dollars additionally to just go anywhere. And, my points have never accumulated. So, I have been paying for 5 years for nothing. I have contacted them to ask for my points back at least, and they will not even do that. This is a very deceiving company that prays on vacationers. In fact, I remember seeing many unhappy vacationers up in the Royal Holiday office after I had signed my contract. Seems they were not happy with their stay either. Buyer, BE AWARE OF SCAMS LIKE THIS! :(

scam-lets join together

Royal Holiday Rip Off
In July of 2009, while enjoying a trip I booked on Expedia online, at the Royal Holiday Cancun, I was unaware I was a lamb being set up for the sacrifice. When I booked the trip it cost about $1600, airfare and all. When I arrived a man at the front desk area who seemed concerned met me. I believed he worked for the hotel. There was a reception desk as you entered the hotel with a big banner with Royal-Holiday club on it. He said we had to wait because our room was not ready and we were getting an upgraded room. The room was nice but the hotel was really crowded. Immediately we became a target for the Royal Holiday Lions. I think the color of our armband was like a signal to them, because we had a different color than the locals. After two days of hounding we agreed to hear their pitch. 1. I was told they could provide the vacation cheaper than I paid Expedia, including airfare; even after my maintenance fees. My salesman, Jason Easton, an American, even wrote the numbers on paper and showed me. I was not allowed to keep any of the scratch paper they used. 2. If I joined I would receive a free Cruise. $1200 voucher. 3.The price started at 25K then went to 20K then to 10K. Each time it went down I lost points but I was told someone was upgrading and I could buy theirs at the discounted price. The salesman pointed at several couples in the room and told me they were in there to upgrade.4. We were taken to a beautiful Hotel near by and shown a presidential suite and told we could stay in it on our next visit if we wanted to. (Royal Holiday Caribe)5. We were told the daily all-inclusive fee was $35 per person. 6. We were given a free week in Cozumel (pay all-inclusive fee, airfare, and ground transportation ourselves.)7. We were told since we are over 50, the points could be stacked, bringing points from the last year to the first. I joined and got the basic 10k points for 10K.(30 years) My monthly payments were $151 with $4000 up front on a credit card. Payments for 5 years.6. I would be a privileged customer, which meant I would get five years free stay in Cancun, Cozumel, Ixtapa, and Alcapuco. Just pay the all-inclusive fee. ($35 a day per person.)7. We were told the club would rent our week if we choose to not use it.We joined in July 2009, so we didn't need to use the services until 2010. Our first maintenance fee was due January 2010. I was told to call Ice Gallery Cruises to register for the cruise. Since we joined in July our maintenance payment was not due till January. Ice Gallery told me to call back in January. When I called on January 2nd 2010. I was told they no longer associated with Royal Holiday. I called my new customer representative who told me Park Royal would just substitute it for another cruise. She told me to call another number now, so I did. After about 30 hours on the phone, and talking to about 10 representatives, and faxing my certificate four times to a number, which rarely worked, I finally got 1000 points added to my credits. Which to this day is not there. That does not equate to a $1200 free cruise. I was also hounded via phone calls and e-mails for about two months to pay the balance quickly; even given incentives in large discounts. I was suspicious why they would discount a good deal by 50% to get the money quickly. I know now. I paid my $400 maintenance fee in January. In May I decided to book a trip. I called and was told only limited availability for the days I wanted in the end of July. (when my employer allowed me to take a vacation) They tried to get me to switch my dates. I was told the all-inclusive fee was $90 a day per person. I would try to work it out then call back and speak to another person, who would tell me the all-inclusive fee was $80 a day. Then $90 again. I could never speak to the same person twice. Remember I was told $35. I found airfare for $460. Maintenance fee $400. The seven days all-inclusive fee for two, $1260, Ground transportation, $200. Totaling $2320, if the hotel was available. Only the hotel I stayed at in 2009 was available. I could go in non peek times and the fee would be $60.I tried for September. The all-inclusive fee was $60. $840 for two. Total $1920. I tried every way I could to get the price down by changing dates and even buying points, but could not make it happen. I was trying to use my Privileged Member Certificate (free travel for five years) and was told my fee would be less if I used my points. If I used the points I wouldn’t have enough so if I bought the difference I would still spend more. Finally I went to Expedia and got in a hotel on their list, (they said was not available) when I wanted to go, for a better price, including airfare and transportation. Total $1700 I will be staying in the Cancun Caribe Park Royal hotel they showed me during their sales pitch, for less. I now see that anyone can give a free hotel stay if they charge enough for the food to offset the price. Expedia has the rooms (meals included) for $110 a night for two. The points and fees are a slide of hand. You think your getting something but you're really not. They say you can have up to four people in the room for free. All you have to do is pay the all-inclusive fee. Add it up, $90 times 4 times the nights, (7) $2520. That is not a deal. I'm now paying $300 a month for five years plus a $400 yearly fee for nothing. I saved money buying a trip on the internet when the club I belong to constantly tried to rip me off. Every location in their book is booked up. Availability is slim to none. I can't believe they operate inside the hotels like they are a legitimate business. When I was there in the Park Royal Hotel, I was told all the brown arm bands were members. I never asked but I doubt that because some brown bands were in the presentation rooms. The sales man told me they were there to upgrade. All lies to rip you off. Not a bit of truth in their presentation. Stay away from them and any travel club.
Thanks very much for your support.

Mitchell Pate

On or about July 15th, I was contacted by a Royal Holiday Supervisor (first time I've spoke to one of them)who asked me to remove my complaint from this website. I told him the complaint was the truth and I would not. He said Royal Holiday would send me something in writing giving me options with my membership to satisfy me. However he never sent me anything, nor did he call back.

I did take my vacation at the Caribe Cancun Park Royal, which is the Royal Holiday training grounds. The agents were everywhere; like flies on trash. I felt like running through the crown yelling the British are coming, but was afraid to spend the rest of my life in a Mexican Jail. I wonder what the rights are for freedom of speech by a visitor.

If you are reading this complaint and have a similar complaint, please write another complaint on this website. I wish we could somehow join together and make a change, but after being at the hotel this past week, I can tell you the Mexican government will never do anything about them. We just need to worn fellow Americans to beware.

I am still waiting for that phone call. They won't call.

Thanks very much for your support.
Mitchell Pate

SariPa Mar 03, 2011

Im a finnish member of this fraudulent (criminal) club and like to do everything to sue them. If you are british we can do it in Europe...

Just to tell you this. RHC is just a daughter of a parent company.

Please contact me: [email protected]

• Ll
    LLUIZ VLEZ Mar 04, 2011

My wife and I were trapped by ROYAL HOLIDAY or THE ROYAL EXPERIENCE at the CANCUN CARIBE HOTEL after three days trying to avoid them at the hotel's lobby.
    They look so decent that after finding most mexicans working at the hotel genuinely serviceble and kind you can not help but to give a chance specially to the girls who arrange the appointment and make a little commission as their salary just by getting you to agree to attend "a presentation".
    But it is all lies!
    We did business with Sr. Cayetano Moctesuma Gomez and after signing a contract to have "a taste" and finding out that the whole thing was a fake, I returned to Sr. Moctezuma to cancel the contract using my right to disolve it no questions asked before 5 days of its signature. He said "No hay problema!", took the pack of papers they gave me as a new member and just guaranteed that no charge will be done to my credit card and if any charge was done I was going to be reimbursed within 15 days! Nothing like that happened nor he bothered to reply to my emails and there was no assistance for me in their website www.royal-holiday.com
    My bank is now taking care of my business and getting my reimbursement, I am being now seeking legal assitance in Mexico, and I have a good file to take with me and show the Cancun Hotel Zone Turist Police Station in my next visit to this nice resort and comfortable hotel.
    No fears to the mexican cartels!

• HUNTER Liars Sep 12, 2011

HUNTER Liars, la división Legal de Travel Time puede gestionar para Ustedes un Acuerdo de Terminación Anticipada de Contrato de Membresia en un plazo máximo de 45 días hábiles.

Los honorarios son bastante razonables, solo $1, 299.00 USD. Sin importar la situación en que se encuentre su cuenta (pagos vencidos de mensualidades, mantenimientos y/o cuotas extraordinarias).

Adicionalmente ofrecemos una Garantía de Resultados por escrito, de tal suerte que si no obtenemos para Usted el Acuerdo de Terminación de Contrato: NO COBRAMOS.

Siempre funciona, cuando se sabe lo que se hace.

+ info: 01 555 536-6997 * LADA sin costo: 01 800 558-8639 * www.hlmexico.com.mx

dollaride Nov 16, 2011

I just posted my complaint to this site and was reading a few others. I am grateful to feel halfway there to receiving our down payment back but we"ll see.(I think BookIt should warn their customers because this is what we, and numerous people have gotten into after booking our travels in which mine was thru Bookit.com. Not saying you have any ties or are affiliates to RHC in any way but it would of been nice to be warned of such companies when traveling to these destinations.To follow is my complaint upon many on different websites since reaching home from our vacation) *In the week of July 18th 2011 my fiance and I visited Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. On the 2nd day we found ourselves in a Royal Holiday orientation at the Bavaro Princess Resort. Unfortunately after 4 hours of extremely aggressive sales tactics and numerous free drinks, we found ourselves signing contracts. Since then we have returned home feeling completely schemed by the number of salesman we encountered that day. We have tried contacting RHC on numerous occasions after finding out we were blatantly lied to by salesman Jason Rodriguez(boss Steven Mcphee) with statements that are FALSE and deliberate LIES. WE were told by RHC just days later that they can do nothing for us and there is "NO COOLING OFF PERIOD" so we cannot cancel.We are unable to get anywhere with this company.Not one representative there will return calls or do as they say.They have lied saying they tried to resolve our case, but that statement is a derogatory one as it never happened. We are seeking our down payment of nearly 2, 000 dollars to be refunded and our nearly 9, 000 contract to be null and void considering it DOES NOT truly offer what was promised to us that day by a handful of salesman.We currently have a long open case through the BBB over the past 8 weeks and I will fight many more hours forwarding my statements to every fathomable being that can help our case including but not limited to:PROFECO, Federal Trade Commission, Federal Reserve Consumer Help, Department of Transportation, Florida&California General Attorney, and the DEA to report the drug use that day by our salesman during this 4 hour ordeal. I will not stop until this company does the right thing and I will do all that I can to ruin the Royal Holiday Club name. Will keep all updated. Anyone looking to share on this experience and have found themselves victims of this Royal Holiday Club feel free [email protected]

UPDATE~10/12/11 Royal Holiday Club after aprox 2 months of batteling our case, has moved forward with sending us the cancellation documents to VOID our contract and refund our down payment. Once this process is done and monies are in place I will be closing this complaint as it was stated I must do so.

UPDATE~10/18/11 Royal Holiday has recieved our signed documents to void contract. Received the call this morning from them verifying correct credit card info to submit payment refund back to. Told it will be up to 10 business days.

UPDATE~11/1/11 Still waiting for refund. Signed and sent docs to then be asked days later to send originals. After @ 2 weeks RHC Quality Assurance Supervisor responds with the paperwork is being processed now...no refund just yet

UPDATE~11/15/11 No refund as of today. Just spoke with Mr. Alex Pantoja-Quality Assurance Supervisor for the umpteenth time for him to say the person that will be doing the refund in their admistrations department was "on vacation" and it will be a few more days. He claims he cannot give me an exact amount of time it will take to receive the credit back although in the beginning of our aggreement with cancellation he states we would have our money in 5-10 days. 1 month later we have exchanged cancellation docs signed by both parties but no refund yet. I asked to be in touch or given the name of the person handling our case in administrations...he claims he is unable to give that information as they do not take calls from members. As I see it, Royal Holiday sure does know how to scam the money in quickly but hardly knows how to effictively do the right thing when people fight for their money back. Still an open case.Found another interesting blog for RHC Scam veiwing http://royalholidayclubmexicoscammedme.blogspot.com/
    Here you will find CEO's email of RHC which is:[email protected] <[email protected]>

• Ll
    LLUIZ VLEZ Nov 17, 2011

good luck dollaride: your persistence ought to beat RHC sales-people's cunningness.

dollaride Nov 17, 2011

Thanks. I am so close and may beat the odds compared to alot of others!

dollaride Nov 23, 2011

I did!!! :) My case is resolved and happily closed with our down payment refunded.

SariPa Nov 23, 2011

Congratulations! They still owe me 14.000, 00 plus... but how did you manage to do it? My case went to police... hopefully they do something about it. Just got sick and tired with this kind of business. Please let us know how you did it - or how they did it? And did you get the full payment refund?

Sophie M Jul 09, 2013

You know what they say: "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" My husband and I were scammed in Cancun with a Royal Elite Timeshare last August. They promise you everything and deliver NOTHING! We were sucked in by their promise to get us a balcony for an inside cabin rate. We do alot of cruising and thought-Wow this is really a great deal. However, it turned out to be more of a great rip off since everything they told us was a lie. Fortunately we only joined the club and NOT buy a timeshare. That was enough though. $2, 000 down t he drain. They gave us 4 of those worthless vouchers for Sandos resorts which are also worthless. That HSI exchange is suppose to sell the vouchers for you at at least $500 is also abunch of bull. Please don't fall for anything that has Royal Elite's name on it. I'm in the process of calling the BBB and seeing what they can do. Possibly the attorney General also!!! These are more complaints about this resort:

jasonhamilton Aug 11, 2015

I have plans to travel to Mexico in October, specifically to Cancun
    and I am interested in renting a time share there, is there
    someone who wants to rent your week for an affordable price ??
    if there is any interested this is my email: [email protected]

false representation

We joined Royal holiday about 10 years ago and found their customer service steadily declining. In order to avoid losing my points whenever I could not use them, I took advantage of a system that allows you to transfer points to RCI. For the most part this works OK but I was faced with a scam like approach when I attempted to transfer my points this year. AFTER I paid my membership for the following year I asked the representative to transfer the points to my RCI account (about 25, ooo points) and they told me that it wasnt possible. The representative didnt offer and explanation for this and got hostile when I asked to speak with a manager. The representative told me that there wasnt a manager available and took my information for a call later in the day. As you can guess the call never came. I called again later in the day and spoke with another representative and asked to speak with a manager. Once again I was told that the phone representative was a high as I could go in my complaint process and I would have to take his word as the final adjudication for my inquiry. This is the worst case of customer service I have ever encounter in the hospitality business. i trully cant understand why a company would spend so much in marketing to attract customer and have rude and incompetent fellows in the customer service department. This is absolutely uncalled for. I certainly DO NOT recommend Royal Holiday to anyone. Poor service a LOTS of hidden fees in exchange of a vacation package that you can certainly get after a simple internet search (and cheaper). Royal Holiday is NOT worth it.

SariPa Jan 01, 2011

I'm european myself and havent faced anything like this before. I'm a member to RHC as well and if I just knew I would never even talked to those representatives I unfortunatelly did. How people mislead people like this, tell lies after lies... and afterwards even worse, the service - I'd call this kind of business more or less criminal - all the things happened to me too. How f.e. FNTC cooperate with rhc or let them continue their business methods like this (?) Just wonder. For me its been more or less shocking - that too. I'm just an ordinary lady who trusts people - shame on me.
    But according to my own experience theres many illegacies with the methods rhc uses.

SariPa Jan 01, 2011

Just one guestion. I hope someone aswers to me. Is it allowed to 'service people' lie as much as they can to customers without beeing responsible for their words? Just lies, and its all legal? Is this how it works in Caribbean?

I'd like to start a police investigations about rhc and their partners business. I think they might find interesting things behind... underneath...

deceived

I travelled to Dominican Republic Oct 16th to the 19th, 2010. Royal Holidays sold me 10, 000 credits for travel for the next 30 years! When we returned home we were able to look over the contract and discovered things that were not disclosed at the time of purchase. I immediately contacted my credit card company to try and get my money back. They told me I needed to try to get a refund from the company first before filing a grievence. I have contacted the Dominican Republic Toursim office with no response yet. I also have contacted the Canadian conselate in Santa Domingo. I have been trying to get my money back for almost a month now.

JoJoW Nov 16, 2010

Looks like you have fallen victim to a time-share scam. People sing all sorts of documents without checking them due to pressure sales at the resorts. Unfortunately it is very difficult to get your money back and in some cases it drags for years with no results.
    Advice for the future - always check the documents before you sing them.
    Good luck
    Jo

• Ns
    nstzadoc Nov 16, 2010

We got scammed by the same fraudulant organization three years ago in Cozumel - for a lot more money! We never could book the hotels/resorts when and where we needed them no matter how far in advance we scheduled. Stopped paying annual fee, which went up 25% the first year!!! ( No more throwing good money after bad money!) Now they are calling every day and sending threatening emails. I just them them to "bite me!" and then hang up. I am looking for any info on a class action law suit against this sham operation.

Wish I had recorded their whole spiel. Would be good evidence against them in that we were entirely mislead. Looking back we feel very stupid. But you live and learn and share your experience. There is some value to that.

Tell everyone you know, stay away from Royal Holiday!!!

• Ev
    Evita75 Oct 30, 2013

Most timeshare companies are taking advantage of people, often those who are more vulnerable and less able to resist hard sales tactics. It happened the same to me with a Royal Elite Timeshare promotion, but I was able to handle the presentation without buying a timeshare. I have heard of many cases where maintenance costs rise well above inflation. It would appear the timeshare companies lock people into contracts and then drive up their profits though increased maintenance charges. It would be good to see legislation whereby timeshare companies can only charge "reasonable" maintenance costs and not use this annual fee to fleece people's bank accounts, not only in Mexico, but also in the US. This is another forum with more complaints made on this company:

faude!!!

Aqui va mi historia
El 12 de abril del 2010, cuando nos encontrábamos hospedados en el Hotel Gran Oasis Playa, ubicado en 60 Ave Kukulcan, 77500 Cancún, Qintana Roo, México. Zona Hotelera, Cancún, fuimos invitados (mi comprometida y yo) a un desayuno para que se nos hablara de los beneficios de ser miembros del Royal Holiday Club. Posteriormente pasamos a la oficina de ventas donde nos recibio la Señora Marilu Vargas y la Señora Ruth Vázquez (Finance Manager). Luego de una larga negociación accedimos a ser miembros del club y aceptamos la membresía de Royal Holiday. Posterior a la firma del contrato recibimos los regalos de bienvenida (cenas libre de costo, cruceros románticos por la laguna, unas vacaciones libre de costo en Cancún) y un brindis.

48 horas mas tarde luego de una detallada lectura del contrato, asesoramiento por parte de mi abogado y una meticulosa búsqueda en la Internet acerca de Royal Holiday decidimos regresar a la oficina de ventas del hotel y cancelar personalmente la membresía acorde con lo estipulado en el contrato pagina (3/4) cláusula numero 11. donde menciona claramente que el mismo puede ser cancelado dentro de los 5 (cinco) días hábiles a la firma según las leyes Mexicanas presentando una solicitud y regresando la documentación a la sala de ventas correspondientes.

La cancelación fue solicitada en persona el 14 de abril del 2010 (48 horas después de la firma), la Señora Ruth Vázquez me recibió en la oficina y me solicito dejase por escrito las razones por la cual cancelaba dicho contrato. La nota de cancelación se realizo correctamente y fue entregada de manera personal a la Señora Ruth Vázquez.

Luego exigí un acuse de recibo pero la misma prometió dejarme una "nota oficial" de cancelación por parte de Royal Holiday en mi habitación. Insistí en que necesitaba el comprobante de cancelación así como un comprobante de mi reembolso de tarjeta de crédito en ese momento pero la Señora Vargas insistió en que no me preocupe, que mi dinero seria reembolsado en 14 días, que la cancelación ya fue efectuada y nuevamente insistió en que me haría llegar una "nota oficial" a mi habitación.

Todos los regalos fueron devueltos en la oficina de ventas al momento de la cancelación, 24 horas mas tarde me comunique nuevamente con la oficina exigiendo mi nota de cancelación la cual aun necesitaba "una firma" y que me la harían llegar mas tarde. Al siguiente día contacte con la Sra. Vargas nuevamente por teléfono pero me informaron que ella no se encontraba en la oficina. Desafortunadamente yo tenia que regresar a los Estados Unidos ese día, explique la urgencia de mi situación vía telefónica pero nuevamente los miembros de la oficina de Ventas de Royal Holiday insistieron que no me preocupe que todo fue cancelado y que seria reembolsado el monto en 14 días.

De regreso a los Estados Unidos he intentado un sinnúmero de veces contactar con Royal Holiday sin que me den una respuesta favorable. La Señora Ruth Vázquez así como la Sra. Marilu Vargas no han respondido a ninguna de mis llamadas, e-mails o faxes. Mi banco también a contactado con Royal Holiday sin ninguna respuesta favorable.

Desde entonces mi compañía de banco Chase Bank así como la compañía VISA estan batallado con Royal Holiday. Mi proceso aun esta en disputa.

Hago la dunucia en publico para evitar que Royal Holiday desprestigie a los Estados Unidos Mexicanos, país tan hermoso por su geografía además de sus importantes zonas arqueológicas, como Royal Holiday lo esta haciendo, ya que en la Internet (Yahoo groups and facebook) hay un grupo de más de 500 personas que han sido estafas por Royal Holiday y están tratando de recuperar su dinero, pero lamentablemente recomiendan que es preferible hacer turismo en otros países ya que relacionan a México con estas fraudulentas compañías.

• HUNTER Liars May 18, 2011

Siempre funciona, cuando se sabe lo que se hace.

fraudulent company

I was scammed by Royal Holiday along with thousands of other people while vacationing in Cancun in 2004. My coworker wanted addl. points and talked me into signing the contract. I used it a couple times and was very displeased with the property, professionalism and they lied about many things. I have been working with an attorney for 15 months and Royal Holiday just now answered my attorney saying they will not let me out of the 30 year contract. They offered to pay my late fees and give me more points. If there is going to be a lawsuit, please contact me so I can be part of it and inform my attorney.

• Pe
    Petra Feb 18, 2009

We have informed Royal Holiday by phone and in writing and have yet to hear back from them. As of february 17th, 2009, still no response from Royal Holiday CLub.

• Po
    polsen May 07, 2009

My sister and I were on vacation in Cancun in January of 2009. We were sold a vacation package for $21, 000 which they promised us the world. They have lied about everything. Even when you try to book a trip through them it is easier and cheaper to book it without them. They guarenteed us discounts and access to trips for points which we were told we had 1, 200, 000 points that we could use for vacations anytime in the next 30 years. We said that we were almost 60 years old and would most likely not be traveling in our 90's and were told we could use our points for vacations as we like. If we wanted to use them all in the next 10 years we could no problem. Now we find we can only use 30, 000 a year and they want us to pay $900 a year to use them. We tried to book a flight through them at the 40% discounted rate they promised and the cost was actually almost double the cost we found on the internet ourselves without using them. So this is a scam. Don't buy this package.

• Ly
    lyla16 Sep 09, 2010

I am also looking for a way out. My husband and I are very interested in joining a lawsuit.

• 20
    2009RHVictim Dec 21, 2010

If there will be a lawsuit, I am willing to join. I get scammed in 2009.

aruba trip

I booked a trip to Aruba back in January @ Paradise Beach Villas for four ambassador rooms. I have...

vacation scam

If you wish to ban together to get media attention to this issue, email me. Only in numbers will we have any hope to bring this company to its knees. Cable news have already run a story and I believe they would be extremely interested in doing a follow up. Also, for a $5 yearly charge you can post a complaint on TheSqueakyWheel.com and each time your complaint is viewed, RH receives an email. They can be bombarded with emails, my complaint has been viewed over 4, 000 times! Come on people, lets get together and stop waiting for someone else to do something...EMAIL ME and lets do something! Shelly M

vacation scam

Cheaters /not trust worth-- useful links to help

i have been given this by a member on mouthshut.com Complain here, heard they do help -IN INDIA : ccccore.co.in or fcamin.nic... i too am facing the same issue. trying really hard to get my money back.Goa tourism minister: manoj.[protected]@ mca.gov.in, pawan.[protected]@ mca.gov.in...
click on the links, these sites have lots of useful info http://www.timeshare.org.uk/cancel.html

Some Members forum (worldwide) sites, & some complaint sites for your reference:

[send email] http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/royal-holiday-c9288.html
/link removed/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1W2HVGnNls 20/20 Royal Holiday Timeshare Investigation

HELP AS MANY MEMBERS AS YOU CAN (copy- paste and reply to posts), SEND COMPLAINTS -THE MORE THE AUTHORITIES RECEIVE THE BETTER ARE OUR CHANCES TO RECOVER OUR LOSSESS. ALSO collectively you can file in a consumer court which is free and also you can fight your own case. (mentioned on ccccore.co.in).

Keep this in your draft folder copy paste to all who need help - spread the word - help others.
DO NOT PAY ANYONE for any kind of services to recover what you have lost.

soulsearcher1 Jan 12, 2013

I am wondering if you have resolved your complaint as this is very old post?

soulsearcher1 Jan 12, 2013

so did you get this resolved as interested to see such an old complaint when company is giving so much on offer?

scam

We made the purchase of a vacation club membership with Royal Holiday on May 31, 2010 while on vacation in Cancun. We had agreed with the sales director, Ernesto Barberi to exchange 1 of our paid in full timeshare properties in addition to a cash deposit for a paid in full membership package. Later that evening while reading through the membership packet, we realized numerous discrepancies and outright lies between what was presented and what was contained within the language of the packet. We therefore decided that night to exercise our legal right to cancel the membership and receive a full refund. We exercised that right the very next day, June 1, 2010 and met with Mr. Barberi, who claimed that he was unable to process the cancellation at the sales office and gave us instructions of what he needed to do to obtain cancellation and refund authorization. Needles to say, Mr. Barberi has failed to respond to any phone calls, emails or letter since that date.

We have sent registered letters to all adresses in the contract, email notifications, faxes and phone calls on a daily basis and all within the legal time frame allowed, all without results. All our attempts to obtain a cancellation and refund within the allowed 5 business days been roadblocked by the company. Each and every person we contact via email or phone claims that they are either unaware of the process to provide a cancellation/refund or they are not authorized to do so. Also, they are unwilling to provide a name or contact number of any person who knows how to process a cancellation / refund or is authorized to do so.. Ironically, although not authorized to process a cancellation, each representative is authorized to offer upgrades and downgrades galore.

After conducting an internet search, I was amazed to find literally hundreds, if not thousands, of complaints of fraud on behalf of the Royal Holiday representatives. I also found an extremely shocking number of cases of victims attempting to cancel within the legal timeframe as is their right by Article 56 of the Federal Consumer Protection Act all to no avail as the company refuses to abide by the law.

• Sy
    Sylviegotscammed Jun 01, 2013

Half of what was discussed during the 3 hours presentation were lies. Cancellation of membership at anytime. No tax on air fair (royal members privileges), a 24-29$ all inclusive fee (more privileges). It was to good to be true... we should of run. According to Alejandro P. from Royal, membership bought in the Dominican republic can not be cancelled... Royal is very well protected - no matter what you were told, true or false your contract will not be cancelled. It sucks, they are getting much better at scamming peoples. As per my experience they don't even have to deliver the service and still have the legal rights to force you to pay. Sylvie D.

royal holiday scam you do have rights!

After conducting an internet search, I was amazed to find literally hundreds, if not thousands, of complaints of deceptive sales practices on behalf of the Royal Holiday representatives. I also found an extremely shocking number of cases of victims attempting to cancel within the legal timeframe as is their right by Article 56 of the Federal Consumer Protection Act all to no avail as the company refuses to abide by the law.

Know You Rights
Article 56 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law
The contract will be perfected within five working days from the delivery of, or the company/signature of the contract, which ever occurs the latest. During this period, the consumer will have the right to revoke his consent without any responsibility. The revocation will have to be by means of warning or delivery of notice, in person, by registered mail, or another method of average reliability. The revocation according to this Article, will terminate the contract. In this case, the costs of shipping and insurance will be the responsibility of the consumer. If the contract is for services, this article will not be applicable if the date of receipt of the service is less than ten working days from the date of the order of purchase.

ARTICLE 32 OF the Federal Consumer Protection Law
The information or publicity relative to goods or services that spread by any means or forms, will have to be truthful, verifiable and clear of texts, dialogues, sounds, images and other descriptions that induce or can induce error or confusion, by its inaccuracy.

Immediate Cancellation Procedure
To protect your right to cancel within 5 days of signing your contract you must immediately send notification of your intent to cancel and exercise your rights under ARTICLE 56 OF Ley Federal de Protección al Consumidor.

You need to send your cancellation by a means that you can easily prove that you complied with Article 56. It is best to send a certified letter to all Mexican Addresses contained within the agreement and to follow up via email and fax. You should also copy yourself, and PROFECO (the Mexican Federal Consumer Protection Agency at: [protected]@profeco.gob.mx ) on your email. If your email system allows, you should request delivery confirmation and a return receipt. Do this even if you make the cancellation in person.

Also, it is best to forward copies of all correspondence to the Mexican Embassy in your home town or better yet, show up with documentation in hand. They will assist you with a PROFECO claim.
As an added measure of insurance, forward all correspondence to the Mexican Embassy in Washington, DC, the US Consulate in Mexico, and the Mexican Board of Tourism.

Contact Your Credit card company immediately to stop payment and issue an dispute. Provide copies of all written, emailed, faxed correspondence in addition to a copye Article 56
If you feel you were defrauded at a timeshare or vacation package sale in Mexico, you can fight back for a full refund…check out http://www.mescam.com/index.htm

Check out the following for more assistance:

• Sh
    shaniamer Jun 24, 2010

i have been given this by a member on mouthshut.com Complain here, heard they do help -IN INDIA : ccccore.co.in or fcamin.nic... i too am facing the same issue. trying really hard to get my money back.Goa tourism minister: [email protected] mca.gov.in, [email protected] mca.gov.in...

[send email] http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/royal-holiday-c9288.html

/link removed/

DO NOT PAY ANYONE for any kind of services to recover what you have lost.

scam poor service provided

My mom and I joined Royal Holiday Club in 10.09. WE were promised $1000 towarfs airfare free stays in cancun...

nightmares for life!

H E L P S O S !

We feel we have been the victim of a fraud, we have contacted everyone at this company ask for our money back.

No one has been able to help us, it seems they forget everything, we got the names of the sales people and with all the guys we spoke, each item we've discussed.

My husband and I purchased a timeshare with Royal Holiday on 2/28/07. We were pressured into buying and realized after we left what a terrible decision we had made. I searched through all of the paperwork given to us looking for any type of info on a cancellation period with no luck but we kept trying to cancel!

We are so very angry, feel like we have been knowingly deceived.
We did not pay the down payment in full and all paperwork says that the down payment was received...
Is this contract legit if the down payment was not complete??????????

Can We get a refund? We want to make them pay for what they've done to us!!!

We are rying to compile all the information and expose them to all the medias!

Sarah & Martin Jacobs

[protected]@aol.com

• Th
    The Jacobs Apr 22, 2010

Of course we are adults and WE WERE pressured. Have you been in a Timeshare sales presentation?
    Do you own a nightmare like the one I'm describing?

We said NO but they were so clever! It was just after we bought that we realized we'd made a mistake.

They were so pushy and aggressive and they never listened!
    They keep offering us choices, options to keep paying this bloody membership!

Costs and out- of-pocket expenses with several and different lawyers.

timeshare vacation scam

royal holiday comfort suite on paridise island is part of a mexican timeshare scam, they promise you a good...

they lie. I want my money back

in August of 2008 we sign this contract with Royal holidayin Cancun Mexico.They promess we could book in any 5 star hotel w/ a suite right by the water, air fair allways half price, hotels all inclusive, but none of that is true, every thing works with points, I want a five star Hotel I need to open a certificate for 30.000 points or even more each certificate can cust 0ver $ 400 each one +you have to pay for each day you stay at the hotel, price is not the same depending the month, air fair, I don't get any discount . They never explain that. I been shopping unlined and I can get a better deal. It's abig scame I want to get my money back . I never booked any thing . I know I'm not the only one who complain about Royal Holiday, some body has to go after theme, they still money from people. isn't that against the law.

Kera/Lorra Jan 19, 2012

In August, 2011 we attended one of those supposedly 90 minute presentations and after 5 hours of tag team negotiations, we signed this contract only under with the representative’s assurance that Royal would purchase our current timeshare which we have with Wyndham Resorts.

The deferred amount was said to be the price Royal would pay for our Wyndham timeshare. It was stated that once the acquisition process began, Royal would contact us and request that we forward our deed to them. It was also stated that Royal purchased timeshares on a regular basis to be either rented out, sold or gifted. After reviewing the contract again I see that the amount is said to be due to Royal. Had the representative not agreed to buy our Wyndham timeshare we would not have agreed to purchase with Royal but I suspect that was the intent.

When the representative assigned to our contract, Sandi Gonzalez called inquiring how we intended to make the remaining payments, I asked when the process of purchasing our Wyndham timeshare would begin, she stated within two to three months.

On December 19, 2011 I spoke to another representative (name unknown) who stated she did not see information regarding the purchase of our Wyndham timeshare. She stated she would inquire. I have yet to hear from her or anyone from the Royal organization.

After my conversation on December 19, with the unknown representative, I searched for more information regarding Royal Holiday. I am not surprised that Royal was rated “F” by the BBB. I also viewed a 20/20 segment regarding other purchasers being scammed by Royal Holiday.

After reviewing the contract further we see that you never intended to purchase our Wyndham timeshare. The sales representative lied, which from researching the company is consistent with the information I found.

Shame on you
    I

• Br
    Brittany Smith Aug 28, 2013

Timeshare scams are HUGE problem in Mexico. We purchased a Royal Elite Timeshare last year. We were promised all kinds of opportunity, while they kept serving us cold Coronas. Between HSI, RCI, and Royal Elite it seems that this is all a scam. We initially made three payments of $800, and now after Royal Elite has made a mistake with their collections back in the end of 2008, Monterey Financial has been threatening to send me to court to recover the unpaid portion ever since. Royal Elite is almost impossible to contact. This has become a huge pain, and a troubling financial burden. These are more complaints made on the Royal Elite timeshare resorts:

We will not go down without a fight. We are working now with PROFECO and will continue to haunt them

Scammed and misleading selling tactics and practices

Contract Number: 444503 My husband and I were scammed by Royal Holiday while on vacation in the Dominican...

mislead

I was fooled into purchasing a timeshare in 2005 from Royal Holiday. The membership is suppose to be a bronze which is 5000 credits. This membership does not even exist. I have tried to cancel the membership and take my loses and they sent me to a collection agency for the annual fees. If I cannot use the membership because those credits are not even enough for a couple of nights. why should i continue to pay the annual maintenance fees? They also have sent special fees for other reasons that i have been force to pay. i have spent over $8000. dollars on this membership and cannot even vacation with them because my credits are not enough. All I want is out they can keep their membership and stop affecting my credit. They are a big fraud. does anyone have any suggestions how can i get rid of it? other than sell it which does not work because no one will buy it. I am desperate to get rid of it financially i cannot afford to continue to throw money away. I think with 8000 i would have been able to vacation somewhere really nice. Please advice

KellyRhds Apr 02, 2012

its a shame when the sales associate doesnt provide you with the enough information at the moment of the presentation to let you make the right decision, shame on them when they lie and make empty promises to you just to get you to sign, they rather have a bunch of unhappy members, rather than have a small number of happy members.

here is another blacklist of Royal Holiday with more complaints made to this resorts, we are not the only ones.

lie about their plan

The royal holiday sale person lied to me that their holiday credits can be used to exchange for air ticket.
And each holiday credit worth 0.25 USD.

When I called them to book air ticket, the royal holiday staff do not allow me to buy any air ticket using my holiday credits.
they showed me the RCI points during the presenation. when I tried using the holiday credits, it was another story.

I did not use any of the royal holiday service yet. I really want to complain the company and get the refund.

KellyRhds Apr 02, 2012

The sales associates should be upfront with the customer on regarding how the membership works, not what the customer wants to hear. that way there are no confussions or angry customers later .

here is another blacklist for Royal Holiday where more complaints are made, we are not the only ones.