Royal Holiday / Park Royal Hotel / Check for reimbursement never received!

United States Review updated:
I would like to file a formal complaint against Royal Holiday and also specifically against the Park Royal Hotel in Acapulco which is a Royal Holiday Resort. Our specific complaints are that the staff of the Park Royal Hotel made fraudulent promises during a solicitation for upgrading our membership and that the company Royal Holiday has failed to honor a $1000 travel reimbursement coupon we were given as part of that upgrade. I am also making a formal complaint to the Attorney General of the state of Florida regarding Royal Holiday.

This is a review of the events that have occurred:

On November 14, 2005 we upgraded our membership at the Royal Holiday Park Royal (Acapulco) facility and as part of this upgrade received a coupon for airline ticket reimbursement up to $1000.00 usd. Prior to use of this coupon, I contacted Royal Holiday customer service line for instructions on redemption. I followed these instructions exactly.

On September 15,2006, I purchased 2 airline tickets for $862.00 usd through the Royal holiday preferred travel agency Golden Tours. As instructed, I faxed in the receipts from the tickets, copies of the coupon and copies of the tickets to the Royal Holiday office. On 10/12/06, I received a confirmation email from Ms. Gonzalez Marin indicating that the information had been received and the refund would be processed in 3-5 weeks.

On 12/12/06 I sent an email asking about the status of the coupon and received no answer.

On 12/18/06, I called Royal holiday customer service center and spoke with Ricardo, who said that they were waiting for an reply from Acapulco. A week later, I called again and spoke to a woman, I think her name was Charlotte, who said that "Alexandria" in Acapulco was not answering their emails about the problem.

On 01/04/07, I called the Acapulco office directly and asked to speak to Mirna Jouer. We had been given her name and number as a contact if we needed help with anything. I was told she was unavailable and left a message for her to call me back. She never returned my call.

On 01/18/07, I called Royal Holiday customer service and spoke to Joey - he asked me to give them "one more week". On 01/24/07, I called and spoke with Joe (ext. 2708) who confirmed that Alexandria in Acapulco was not responding to their emails. He said I could email her directly, but they were unable to call her or provide me with her phone number. I asked Joe to have his supervisor Juan Carlos look into the matter and call me. I have never heard anything more. I have since sent an email to our "host" in Acapulco Mario Alberto and did not receive an answer either.

On 02/17/07 I sent both an email and a letter to the Customer Service Center for Royal Holiday reviewing the events. I received an email response on 2/21/07 from Olivia Gonzalez Marin stating that my request was in review. Again since that time, we have neither received a check for reimbursement nor notification as to when reimbursement will be made.

A  28th of May, 2007 by
I got scammed at Park Royal Cozumel, same story, different location.
A  15th of Nov, 2007 by
I still have a voucher from 3 years ago for free airfare for 5 from NYC to Dominican. They never honored it.
D  30th of Mar, 2008 by
That may have been the case before, but i recently went to park royal and i had an extremely "magical" trip. It was the best vacation i have spent. I understand that the resorts have gone under a big change and the staff was very kind when i went, so i would perhaps try once more. The staff may just not be understanding your needs well.

Royal Holiday Vacation Club Logo Royal Holiday Vacation Club