Royal Holiday / never let me book a vacation

1 Mexico Review updated:

I bought a vacation package from Park Royal in Cozumel and have not been able to book a return trip. We purchased the vacation package in January 2007. In March we tried to book a return trip using our Founding Member option, and were told it was not available for our desired April trip. I thought that was a possibility because of spring break. So now I have tried to book for every week in June, or July, or August. I have tried to book a one week vacation for any week in those months, and they say no availability. If I go to Online travel agencies I can book for any of the weeks, it is only through my Royal Holiday vacation package that I can't get any one of those weeks. I can't get my customer service representative Olivia Hernandez to answer my e-mails asking about this. She only suggests we use our points to go somewhere else. I tried that too and were told that I would have to pay a booking fee. That was never mentioned to me.

I now see so many others like me who do not get anything for the money they have been given. I am not paying anymore, and will do everything I see possible to get my deposit and this year's dues back.

Do not EVER sign a contract if they say the deal is ONLY good TODAY. It is high pressure. Do not sign a contract without researching the company on the Internet. Put in the company's name and the words complaint, fraud, scam. If I had done that before I left the resort I would have known then what I know now. I would have canceled, even though the contract said I couldn't. I have learned Mexican law gives five days, even if the contract says no.

This is eating me alive. My blood pressure is up and I am so upset. I can not afford to throw my hard earned money away. No one can. Stay away from vacation package sales.

Comments

• Th
      19th of May, 2007

We can't book one either. Has anyone out there been able to use their free return trips? How about using points? We have not been able to use anything they sold us.

• Ri
      30th of May, 2007

We are sick to our stomaches!!! My wife and I purchased a vacation plan in September 2006 in Cancun, Mexico at the Oasis Hotel with Royal Holiday, and we too are experiencing all of the same issues as many of you. We were given "extra" vacations for purchasing our plan on that day and even given the certificates to use whenever, however we went to try to use one of the certificates we were told that we couldn't and that they were not part of our contract... Typical bait and switch! We have yet to be able to use our 15,000 credits that are part of our contract to book a vacation, and are dealing with the same rude Royal Holiday representatives.

We all need to get together and sue this company and put them out of business, so they will stop scamming people out of their hard earned money!!!

• Wa
      19th of Feb, 2011

We fell for the same scam last week. I can't eat or sleep and I feel so sick. There is no getting put. Stupid me signed the part of the contract that days I wasn't drinking. They fed me tons of alcohol throughout the presentation too. I'm so pissed off