Royal Holiday / never let me book a vacation
I bought a vacation package from Park Royal in Cozumel and have not been able to book a return trip. We purchased the vacation package in January 2007. In March we tried to book a return trip using our Founding Member option, and were told it was not available for our desired April trip. I thought that was a possibility because of spring break. So now I have tried to book for every week in June, or July, or August. I have tried to book a one week vacation for any week in those months, and they say no availability. If I go to Online travel agencies I can book for any of the weeks, it is only through my Royal Holiday vacation package that I can't get any one of those weeks. I can't get my customer service representative Olivia Hernandez to answer my e-mails asking about this. She only suggests we use our points to go somewhere else. I tried that too and were told that I would have to pay a booking fee. That was never mentioned to me.
I now see so many others like me who do not get anything for the money they have been given. I am not paying anymore, and will do everything I see possible to get my deposit and this year's dues back.
Do not EVER sign a contract if they say the deal is ONLY good TODAY. It is high pressure. Do not sign a contract without researching the company on the Internet. Put in the company's name and the words complaint, fraud, scam. If I had done that before I left the resort I would have known then what I know now. I would have canceled, even though the contract said I couldn't. I have learned Mexican law gives five days, even if the contract says no.
This is eating me alive. My blood pressure is up and I am so upset. I can not afford to throw my hard earned money away. No one can. Stay away from vacation package sales.
More Royal Holiday Complaints & Reviews
- Royal Holiday Club - class action lawsuit! 
- Royal Holiday Club - got money back and contract cancelled! 
- Royal Holiday - royal holiday is a scam! 
- Royal Holiday Club - problems getting cancellation! 
- Royal Holiday Club - cancellation of contract 
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - royal holiday vacation package
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - royal holiday vacation club
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - membership dues, inability to use timeshare and not honoring. agreed upon contract. would like all dues and fees paid refunded
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - this company is a scam
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - holiday