Ross Dress for Less / they stole my money

1 Bellevue, WA, United States Review updated:

Ross has always had a bad reputation. However, I shop there all the time because of bargains. I shop there very often, once in a week at least because to find something really nice among junk clothes you have to do it. I buy a lot for some people from abroad. What happened to me today is unbelievable rude. Below is the story: a month ago I bought two identical dresses for $12.99 each. The person, I bought for, didn't like it, so I came to return them. At customer desk, I figured out that one of the dresses had a wrong ticket (From men's department). Manager of the store named valery martinson shocked me on front of many people by telling "I know you shop often, but we always have trouble with your returning". First of all, thats not true. I don't return used clothes and don't cheat with tickets. It is not just rude, it is unbelievable unexceptional. She made me feel like I am a sort of shoplifter. Can you imagine? She accused me for their mistakes. They sold me that dress with a wrong ticket!!! I recommeded to do a better job and do not let people to feel so uncomfortable, and of cource she refused ross' mistake. When I told her that she should apologize, she even didn't react. As a result, she refused to return me $12.99 for the dress with a wrong ticket and gave me only a $8 for it. I lost some money because of their mistake, but it is not big money to worry about. She made me feel like a shoplifter, like a dishonest person. It is not right for anybody, and especially for a loyal customer like me, who spend way too much money at that store. I would like the manager who is responsible for hiring people, will solve this matter

Ob

Comments

• Ob
      11th of May, 2008

ps: i mean unacceptable

31st of May, 2008

Did the clothes look used? or did they have a smell to them? Did you have a receipt that said 12.99. Cuz if you did they cant deny that you paid 12.99 for it. duhhhh

10th of Jun, 2008

of course absolutely NO. It was NEW dress, no smell, no used, I DID have a receipt and original ticket, but in receipt shown a different #, but with same 12.99. Btw, the ticket had a different price 19.99, but i paid 12.99. they messed up, and blame ME. I already complained to corporate office, they promised to take care of and I never heart from them since...
    what I learned from this story is: you have to ALWAYS check tickets in a case you return some items...

• Je
      28th of Apr, 2010

On sunday I went to Ross with two dresses and receipts inside the Ross plastic bag for return. As I entered, there was a super long line. So I decided that I don't wan to stand in line once for the return and then another time if I decided to buy something. I saw some dresses that I would like to try on. I went to the dressing room and the rude fat woman (between 20's to early 30's) told me I cannot bring my bag into the dressing room. I told her she need to make sure no one touches my stuff and she said okay. But I can tell that look on her face that she didn't like what I just said to her.

As I came out, she was no where to be found and there was only one bag there, so I assumed it is mine cuz there is no other bag outside of the dress room. I ended up not buying anyting and decided to return my two dresses during the weekdays since it is always quiet and no line. I am a stay home mom. Today, I decided to go and return my dresses and I opened up the bag which was tied in a knot. I was shocked to find out that the items inside the bag wasn't mind. There was a pair of children jeans size 14 with brand name tag but no Ross tag and a super huge polyster cheap pair of short with a ross mark down tage of $5. My gutt feeling is someone must heard what I told the dress room lady that it is two really nice dresses and she must look after it cuz I don't want anyone stealing them.
    This happen in San Jose, CA on Curtner in the Willow Glen area. I felt ROSS stole my money in either one of my scenario to what happen to my 2 dresses inside a bag. They need to be held accountable for lost items in their procession if we go inside the dressing room.

My worst fear happened on sunday. Someone stole my bag and walked out of the store since there is no sensor on them. Or my other hutch is the store dress room employee got pissed off at me and switched the items to get back at me.

I called to the store today and no one seem to care enough to help me. They told me that the store manager isn't there. I guess I have to take that big lost and return the polyester shorts for $5 store credit since it is not my item and I don't have the receipt to it.

This happen like around 2 p.m. at Ross. If you are corporate, you should make your employees are accountable for things like this cuz if it happen too many times, you will lose your good customers and attract only the bad customers. Deep in my heart is that I stil think that the Ross Employee switched my stuff to get even with me. I spend hundreds of dollars at Ross already. You wouldn't want all your customers to go to Marshall and TJMAXX. They carry identical products for similar prices. I am just a loyal customer and only putting up this complaint so higher mangement know about these kinds of issues at Ross.

If some Target can help friendly and polite employees, you can too do that!!!