[Resolved] Rooms To Go / palm grove off-white panel bedroom set

Greensboro, NC, United States Review updated:

Palm Grove bedroom furniture set is off-gassing toxic, harmful chemicals making us sick with respiratory issues almost continuously since buying this set! We bought the PalmGrove off white bedroom furniture set made of painted wood and particle board from Rooms to go back in September. Most of the items in the set (4 out of 5) were replaced in October because of obvious defects. One of the complaints I had at the time was the strong chemical smell coming from the furniture. I specifically requested at the time of replacement that the new items should not have this smell. When the replacement items were delivered they seemed not to smell as strong and I expected that in a few weeks the smell would be gone. During the months since September I have been sick with respiratory problems almost constantly and I am not a person who had such issues before. Every time, I had to move and sleep into a different bedroom in order to get over the illness I was dealing with, which made me connect my respiratory issues with this new furniture set. It still smells, even stronger now that it is very cold outside so we don't open the windows and the house is heated up. Opening the drawers releases an even stronger, irritative chemical smell which did not go away even after we aired out the drawers for days. I was never able to use nightstands' and dressers' drawers because of the unbearably strong chemical smell I notice every time I open them. I contacted Rooms to go Customer Service and they are not willing to do anything about this issue, although the paperwork they provided when we bought this furniture set clearly says: " ... we guarantee our furniture for a full one year against manufacturer defects or we will repair or replace at out option." Obviously they do not consider health harmful effects due to the cheap materials they use in manufacturing their products an issue at all, although it has been scientifically proven exposure to such products on long term causes asthma and cancer. My health has been clearly affected since we brought this furniture into our house and the fact that they ignore my problem makes them guilty of a crime - selling a faulty, harmful product which can ultimately cause cancer and death and on short-term negatively affected my quality of life tremendously (repeated doctor's visits, medication, sick time taken from work, incapacity to leave a normal life because of continuous respiratory issues). It is absolutely unacceptable that Rooms to Go refuses to refund us or replace this furniture set following the serious health problems we've had since buying it. I have cleaned it, aired it, sanded off dry glue stuck on the back of the drawers, and nothing helped. One way or another this furniture has to go, it is absolutely just harmful, cheap garbage and whoever sells anything like this has to be held accountable! OTHER UPSET CUSTOMERS - Please respond to this complaint if you have had similar issues with this or any other of their bedroom furniture sets. I intend to hire a personal harm lawyer to bring them to justice and the more evidence I can get, the easier it will be to do so. Thank you!

• Resolution statement

• Rooms To Go Customer Care's Response, Jan 16, 2018

We are truly sorry to hear of your experiences this far and we definitely need more information on this! Please email us your order info to [protected]@RoomsToGo.com and we'd be happy to help in any way that we can!

• Rooms To Go Customer Care's Response, Mar 14, 2019

Cr
Jan 06, 2018

Comments

• Do
      Mar 14, 2019

Hi,
    I have had problems with this bedroom set as well. Rooms to go will not help. The bed fell apart. they told me to call the manufacturer Rainer Moveis and I find no such company!

• Do
      Mar 14, 2019

Hi,
    I purchased this same Palm Coast Bedroom set and did notice a smell but paid no attention to it. Was wondering is that why I get all stuffed up when I go to bed. It was also making a noise every time I laid down but again didn't pay attention. When I did look under the bed I noticed the slats holding it up had fallen off. I called customer service who told me to call the Rainer Moveis Co who manufactures the bed. I find no information on this company to call the,

•   Mar 14, 2019

@Dorothy Luizzo Dorothy we sorry to hear this! Please send us your order info to [protected]@RoomsToGo.com and we'd be happy to look into this for you.