Menu

complaints

AFA Stores Complaints Summary

14 Resolved
1 Unresolved
Our verdict: With AFA Stores's exceptional service, your concerns are likely to be addressed quickly and effectively. However, stay informed about their service offerings and policies. Regularly review user feedback on various platforms to get a complete picture of their customer service. Prepare specific questions or concerns you might have before contacting support for a more streamlined experience.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for AFA Stores has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of AFA Stores. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

AFA Stores complaints 15

Sort by:

Newest AFA Stores complaints

2:49 pm EDT

AFA Stores Damaged AFA store Pulaski Credenza

I ordered a credenza on 4/1 for a total of 837.25. It arrived on 4/19 when I opened the package I saw that a side of the credenza was crushed and their was cracked wood along the support beam. I called customer service within 10 mins of seeing this, they sent over a email with the claims email and instructions on how to submit a claim. I received a response from Manuela within 24 hrs offering 180 as a refund. I responded that's not a equitable exchange for my damaged credenza. They went silent for a few days, I sent a follow up email asking for a exchange/replacement and I haven't heard back from them.

Desired outcome: Replacement credenza

G

AFA Stores I purchased a marble top dining table in early May

I purchased a marble top dining table in early May . I hired a furniture assembler to put it together. When he opened the box, the marble top was broken. I emailed Diego N in operations on May 29. He replied that he forwarded my email to the claims department and that someone would be in touch within 72-hours. No one called. I called the claims department and spoke with Nicolette, a most rude customer service representative. She said I needed to email photos, which I did on June 2. On June 7, I received an email from AFA asking if I would be willing to have a replacement table sent. I replied I was concerned a replacement might also arrive broken and that I had decided to purchase a table locally. I left a voice message on the claims department line later in the week inquiring about the status of my refund around June 9. No one returned my call. At this point, I simply want my refund and have the table removed.

R. Beier
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Purchased a bed for $2015.10 and was promised a credit of $1,015.10 (minus exorbitant return shipping charges of $1,000) upon return of the bed. I never received my credit.

B

AFA Stores I purchased a desk on 6/1 for $263 on the AFA website

I purchased a desk on 6/1 for $263 on the AFA website. It stated that the desk was backordered until 6/18. On 6/17, I received an email from AFA that the desk was now going to be shipped on 8/17. I called AFA customer service that day and confirmed with the rep that this was accurate, as their website showed it was in stock. He stated that customers are emailed prior to the website being updated. I asked to cancel my order, as the delivery date was 2 months in the future. He stated that it would not be a problem, but that it would take a few business days for a refund. I then purchased the desk on another website that had it in stock. The next day (6/18), I received an email stating that the desk had shipped from AFA. I thought this may be an error. I talked to another rep on 6/21 to ask them if they would pay to have the desk shipped back d/t my prior conversations with AFA. They declined and offered to pay 1/2 of the restocking fee but not any return shipping.

J
J
J. DuBuque
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I ordered and recieved an item from afastores on July 15th, The day it arrived I noticed it was defective to the extent it was unusable. That very day I called and emailed them as to getting a replacement. After numerous emails and phone calls, I have yet to receive a solution. Now afastores will not take my phone calls, nor will they respond to my emails. 16 in total. Order

Is AFA Stores legit?

Our verdict: AFA Stores has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores AFA Stores's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of AFA Stores can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

AFA Stores earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: AFA Stores achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

AFA Stores resolved 93% of 15 negative reviews, its exceptional achievement and a clear indication of the company's unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. It would suggest that the company has invested heavily in customer service resources, training, and infrastructure, as well as developed an effective complaint resolution process that prioritizes customer concerns.

AFA Stores has received 31 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

The age of AFA Stores's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Afastores.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows AFA Stores website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Afastores.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for AFA Stores have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up AFA Stores and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Afastores.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

Afastores.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from AFA Stores.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• AFA Stores protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
AFA Stores has left an official reply on this complaint.

AFA Stores i made a purchase from AFA Stores dated 07/15 i made several attempts to contact the cust serv to begin rtrn process because the item was

i made a purchase from AFA Stores dated 07/15 i made several attempts to contact the cust serv to begin rtrn process because the item was damaged in several areas they spent days attempting to force me to keep the item I was offered all resolutions that did not include purchase refund . They wanted photos of the damage, I did that I called to c if they rcv'd the photos, I was told no, but I had proof that email was rcvd. They were still stalling so I had to cnct *** and allow them to get involved once *** cnctd they wanted to replace the item then they relented and said it could be returned to them, I was given an address to ship the item but once again I cLd afa cust serv and they said it was the wrong address. After *** involvement afa said i as the customer had to return the item at my expense because I involved ***, so again i felt like i was being punished, purchase price 242.00 to ship to them would be 125.00 so i would be out of almost 1/2 of my money. HELP

D
D
D. Shanahan
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I purchased a catnapper recliner for over 900.00 many weeks ago. I was informed there was a 7 week delay. No further communication until i requested the chair. Now informed another delay. I requested a refund. No response.

B

AFA Stores I ordered a L- shaped desk on 6/27

I ordered a L- shaped desk on 6/27. On 6/29 I received an email saying that the desk was on backorder until 8/5. I replied and asked if they had the same desk in Cherry. They wrote back and said they had it in Cherry, and attached a link. Admittedly I didn't click on the link because one would assume they were replacing the desk I wanted with another color. The desk showed up and it is the wrong desk. It is a small writing desk. I contacted the company, waited on hold for over 30 mins, and then spoke with the worst customer service rep ever. She told me it was all my fault and if I wanted to return the desk I would have to pay to ship it back and a re-stocking fee. That would cost more than the actual desk! I said that the rep should have informed me they didn't have the desk I wanted in stock, but had a different one in Cherry. This is unacceptable business. I myself own an online business and I would never handle a situation like this- I would like the desk returned by the company and my money back.

C
C
C. Maggio
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Case ***. Yesterday I received an email from you with AFA Store response to my complaint. AFA Store asked for pictures which I had already sent twice. Even thought I said their response did not solve my complaint I sent the pictures for the third time. I am waiting for a response from AFA Store. The lamp is not the color represented in the picture. The lamp's finish is defected Thank you

P

AFA Stores I ordered a couch on July 24

I ordered a couch on July 24. It was charged to my credit card the very next day. I was NOT informed the delivery was on backorder until August 24 - which is a full month after my order was placed. When I ordered, I was told it was in stock and would be delivered in August. I have since received a backorder notice 11 TIMES! I am now being told it will not be delivered until May 2, with no guarantee that they will actually do so. As of today, the same product is listed on their website for sale showing the Availability as IN STOCK! Here is the link: https://www.afastores.com/lane-furniture-handwoven-tigereye-3-pc-sectional-raf-sleeper-pwr.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=57003P-62L-Handwoven-Tigereye_57003-7_57003-04QR. This means either they are falsely claiming it is in stock on their website, or they are withholding goods that I ALREADY PAID FOR! I have inquired with the company twice, in November and now in March, and was only told I was welcome to cancel my order, but they refused to discuss the shipping policies and "In Stock" status with me.

AFA Stores I ordered two pieces from AFA and had problems with both

I ordered two pieces from AFA and had problems with both. 1. Dresser was delivered damaged, have been trying to resolve for two months and their team is slow to respond and now have gone silent on the issue. First course was to schedule a repair. Repair person said it would be more extensive. More extensive repair was approved and scheduled. Now repairman says it's not something he can repair, showed me additional damage to the piece that will cause long-term issues, he has notified AFA and I have not heard back despite repeated follow ups. I have emailed them over two dozen times to try and get this resolved and the lack of follow through on their part is staggering. I also had an issue with a box for a bed I ordered not being delivered. They were absolutely unresponsive on the issue despite multiple follow ups. I ended up contacting THEIR delivery service myself and had the problem solved with them in one day. It's unbelievable that now the responsibility lie with the customer to chase down answers to issues. Their claims department seems to be the issue...I have received spotty responses from a couple of folks but they were not solutions, they were "we've forwarded your issue to our Claims department and you should hear from them soon." I never hear back. Two months later, it is horrible that this hasn't been resolved.

S
AFA Stores has left an official reply on this complaint.

AFA Stores I originally ordered furniture from AFA in January , It took 9 months for delivery of the first part of the order, and another 6 months for

I originally ordered furniture from AFA in January , It took 9 months for delivery of the first part of the order, and another 6 months for the reminder of the order. Almost immediately the recliners broke. The chairs broke in the armrest with a loud crack. After calling AFA many times, they sent a repairman who verified the damage, and they replaced both chairs approximately 2 months ago. Very soon the same issue happened to both of the new chairs. After many weeks of unanswered phone calls, they once again sent out a repairman who once again verified the damage. The couch is also experiencing the same issue. the repairman told us that this will happen again and again due to the construction of the furniture. Once again, after many calls, I was told by the manager *** that I would be able to get a credit and select something else from the store, AFA has since reneged on this and is telling me to go through a repair process. Yesterday I spent the entire day on the phone with this repair company and was unable to get through. I don't want this furniture repaired or replaced, I want my money back. This company has been very difficult to deal with and does not return phone calls. The furniture, despite being expensive, is not well made and does not fulfill the promise made in the advertising. The company has photos of the damage.

AFA Stores has left an official reply on this complaint.

AFA Stores I ordered and received 2 expensive end tables from AFAstores.com a while ago

I ordered and received 2 expensive end tables from AFAstores.com a while ago. I received both on the same day. One was in okay condition, while the other one arrived with a lot of defects and damage. I contacted AFA Stores, and although there are long delays to responding, they responded they'd follow up with the manufacturer. I ended up receiving a call from a manufacturer representative. I explained the issues with the one end table. They sent me replacement parts, but they were actually worse than the ones they were replacing. I had kept AFA Stores updated to the manufacturer taking care of it directly through that process. Once I received the second defective products, I contacted both AFA Stores and the manufacturer. That was weeks ago, and I still am yet to receive a response or resolution. I have today emailed AFA Stores they can come pick up both end tables as the delays are ridiculous! This has been going on for months now, and no resolution, in addition to the defective items sitting in my garage in the way. I am requesting a FULL refund. AFA Stores failed to provide a replacement product without defects, in addition to promptly respond to this matter. I also have received no reply from Basset Mirror Company that is the manufacturer aftert multiple attempts. I will file a separate complaint against them, especially if this doesn't get resolved ASAP. I have been paying for a defective product I can't use! Only a FULL refund will be acceptable at this point.

E

AFA Stores I purchased a bar online from this company

I purchased a bar online from this company. it took a long time for it to arrive which they said was due to covid, when it arrived the bar was damaged. i immediately emailed AFA stores. it was hard to get them to respond to me! when they finally did they refused to send me a new bar and wanted to send someone to repair it. I waited again for a repair man to contact me and then for him to come. When he arrived he said he didn't have the tools to fix the bar nor did he think he could fix it if he did! he said he would let AFA stores know what he found and they would get back with me! i again waited! no contact back so i started emailing them again! They refused to send me a new bar and offered me a 25% refund! i refused that offer saying i didn't want a damaged bar for that amount! i said i wanted a new bar or 50% back! they then responded that they had decided to return 50% of my money and that they had issued the check! Again i waited! no check ever arrived! the only response i can get from them since has been that they will check into what happened! i am almost at a year since this bar was ordered! i have been very patient i feel and have had the worst experience buying something ever! i either want the 50% of my money back or a new bar! i would love to have this resolved and behind me! i don't know if it will help but the name of the person that was supposed to be checking what happened was ***. The model of bar was Picket House Furnishings - *** 68" Wooden Bar with Wine Storage - MDCD400BT.

AFA Stores has left an official reply on this complaint.

AFA Stores Original transaction purchase 12/23 ATA has failed to perform the paid for ($100) white glove service that consists of unpacking the chair,

Original transaction purchase 12/23 ATA has failed to perform the paid for ($100) white glove service that consists of unpacking the chair, installing the motor and putting the chair together, moving it to the designated room. Numerous phone calls to ATA (totally about 16 calls to date) asking when they are going to fulfill their paid-for ($100) agreement to unpack and install the chair and move it to the room. I am getting noplace with this company. They do not answer the phone, and when they finally do (waits of more than 45 minutes) there is no resolution except that a promise to call me back at a particular time with help, but the return call NEVER HAPPENS. I am totally ignored. I am nearly 80 years old and cannot perform this installation myself, the reason I paid them their required white glove charge of $100. I am currently, again, waiting on hold on the phone to ask again when someone will be here to perform the paid-for service. They have promised a number of times that someone would be here, but as time passes, nobody ever comes. This treatment is inexcusable and constitutes FRAUD. This company should be avoided at all measures, they do not fulfill their paid-for agreed services, they take the money and then ignore you totally. Again, numerous phone calls to them (again, I am currently on hold for the third time today --- they cut you off after 40 minutes or so pass). I do not know what to do next or how to resolve this awful treatment and to get them to do their paid-for service. PLEASE HELP ME !

M

AFA Stores I ordered a dining table and chairs that listed in stock on 02/21

I ordered a dining table and chairs that listed in stock on 02/21. On 02/25 I received an email from Sergio B that stated my order would SHIP in 3-4 business days and provided a tracking number with the shipper. On 02/28 the shipper listed the order as picked up and in transit. After a week I called because they had provided no updated information and my order was still on the loading dock and HAD NOT shipped. I reached out to Sergio and he said it was in transit. On 03/13 it was listed by the shipper as "received in transfer terminal". I called the shipper and the order was on the way to NJ from NC. On 03/19 the shipper listed my order as "intransit to delivery terminal". I, again, reached out to delivery terminal and they advised my order was in processing at delivery terminal and would check with loading dock supervisor. I never heard back. I called on 03/24 and was told my order would not arrive until the first week in April which got me quite incensed. I emailed Sergio explaining that this type of service(lack of) was not acceptable. He advised he reached out to the shipper and I'd be receiving my order by 03/27. Just received notice that the driver with the shipper is sick and they are rescheduling my order. To date, I have not received my order and they have been paid. They have offered nothing but apologies, no resolution to the delay, nor any offer of compensation of any kind. I just wanted my order, nothing more, nothing less. After checking reviews online, I discovered that this is customary with their company.

V
AFA Stores has left an official reply on this complaint.

AFA Stores To Whom It May *** had originally ordered two (2) Lane recliner chairs from AFA Stores, ***

To Whom It May *** had originally ordered two (2) Lane recliner chairs from AFA Stores, ***, phone: ***.The chairs were delivered on on or about 08/27 and the transaction for $1,406.05 was completed. At no time, did I have any difficulties with my chair but we had a number of difficulties with my wife's chair. We purchased a Reflex Merlot Heat and Massage Wallsaver Recliner - [protected] for $554.00 not including tax which was my wife's chair.The problem was consistently with the lever which prevented us from raising her feet into an upright position.We voiced our concerns to *** (Last Name Unknown), the complaints manager in care of ***. He corresponded by sending out a rocker arm part which attached to the lever in order to solve our plight.On 01/03/2022, *** (Last Name Unknown), contractor, whose phone number is *** came out in order to fix my wife's chair. However, he was unsuccessful. *** indicated that the rocker arm sent out was too long and that the rocker arm in the unit was too short. He also said that he never saw anything like this and indicated that a new chair for my wife should be sent out to our residence by Monday, 01/10/2022. Unfortunately, this did not occur.In a number of back to back e-mails to ***, in care of *** I informed *** that the chair was a lemon.Obviously, we do not have any concerns with the service. Our principle concern is with the poor craftmanship for my wife's chair.Sincerely,*** and

AFA Stores has left an official reply on this complaint.

AFA Stores Bought king bed online, delivery team assembled and didnt align and mattress did not fit

Bought king bed online, delivery team assembled and didnt align and mattress did not fit. Delivery team advised to keep bed and file claim. Filed claim May 4 and sent pictures as advised, they acknowledged the issue and on May 7 stated they requested photos from the trucking company and will advise which parts will be replaced. May 19 they asked if the drivers left the boxes, which they had not. May 22, they were still waiting to hear from brand. May 25 they asked for pictures of labels on side rails which were sent May 29. Never heard back, was able to finally contact someone on the phone June 14 and was advised that I ordered the wrong size bed. Advised that was the FIRST time anyone had stated that and the original issue remains that the bedframe does not align, why has no one up until now advised and I would have returned the bed but had followed the delivery team instructions. They advised they would only replace like for like, and send out replacement california king rails vs. regular king rails and that the cost of returning the bed (even though they have 30 day return policy as well as it did not align correctly and visibly noticeable) would be greater. Asked what else could be done, they emailed on June 15 that I could purchase new rails for $400 (cost of bed now is $800). I asked why i could not exchange the rails and only pay shipping and have not heard back since. I have never slept in the bed and it still sits in the room assembled but not used since the mattress doesnt fit and i just want to resolve the issue. The delivery team didnt even leave a paper receipt, I was told i had to take a picture of it and have that along with all other pictures of the assembled bed and issues as well as emails.

AFA Stores Order number *** price$773.700

Order number *** price$773.700. Lane *** Artemis Wine heat,massage,rocker, recliner [protected] They did not open to see if it was ok. They never gave me any paper work to sign. They were on the sidewalk out front. I told them to take it in house and they said no, that they did not have to, I went inside to check and it said in house delivery. I went back out and they had put it on the porch right in front of my door only leaving me a couple of feet to step out. I called them and talked to several people, one was manager, who said he would send someone back in a couple of days! Thus leaving it on my porch, for which no one could enter my house, or leave. I was stuck inside! In the mean time, I called my son, and he called a friend, together they cut the chair out of the box. First, we took pictures of the box, that had staples coming out of the sides, and the other side was taped closed. It had also been placed down on the handle, but directions on the box stated that it should not be! In other words the box had been damaged.When they put it together, it looked very nice. I sat in it, and tried to pull the handle, but it did not work. The handle was hitting something under the chair, not allowing it to work. I emailed them, and they said they would send someone to check it out. Finally, they sent someone out after a few weeks, when he arrived, he said it needed new works underneath, that, he would ask for what he needed, but it would be better if they just sent a new seat or chair.They sent a handle and stated, they would not send a new seat or chair. I asked her how a new handle would fix it, because it was hitting something in the under coverage! Well, the new handle arrived, I called them, and a week later, the man arrived to fix it. When he saw what they sent, stated that it was not the handle that was the problem, he needed the under carriage.. Here it is almost six months gone, I am 82 years old and still cannot enjoy my chair.

Read full review of AFA Stores and 3 comments

3 comments
T
T
Taisha Owens
St. Louis, US
Jun 12, 2023 8:34 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had a problem choosing the color of my furniture on the page, so I contacted customer service and they helped me change it, the process was very easy and fast, I felt very supported, they were very interested in making me very happy with my order, I will continue buying all my furniture in this store.

Alyssa B77
, US
Jun 12, 2023 4:24 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The complete process was easy. I had ordered a nightstand last week and it arrived today. It's beautiful. The shipping company and AFA always answred any questions I had in a timely manner making me feel heard and seen.

L
L
Lorrainedinardi
Bloomington, US
May 30, 2023 5:07 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The items that I ordered arrived at the indicated time and in perfect condition, they are luxurious and the best thing was that I found them in this store with incredible prices, I was able to easily track my order at all times, customer service is exceptional, they respond quickly and are very competent.

Overview of AFA Stores customer experience

AFA Stores has been receiving numerous consumer complaints which reveal several issues with their services. Customers have reported delays in shipping, with some outcomes resulting in endless wait times. Communication with their customer service department is also said to be ineffective, with some claims of no response or being given the runaround. Other grievances included inauthentic product descriptions, receiving damaged goods, transaction errors, and poor resolution of issues. These negative reviews indicate that consumers may want to be wary of utilizing the services of AFA Stores.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

AFA Stores contacts