Complaints & Reviews

performance leather red sectional

Bought People's Furniture Spruce Pine, NC Leather peeling, couch looks horrible, salesman lied about...

poor quality loveseat recliner

1. A seat support broke within the first year.
2. When the seat is reclined, it is very difficult to close it up to the unreclined position. My knees became sore, affecting my yoga practice from the effort of closing it. Now, to get up requires yoga training to extract myself.
3. The entire loveseat falls forward when you lean on the footrest with your legs in an effort to close it.
4. The footrest is very hard and uncomfortable. It feels like resting your calves on a wooden board with heels resting on hard fabric tracks.
5. Construction is poor. I can easily wiggle the arm rest with my hand while sitting on the seat. I am an average size woman of 65.

sofa and loveseat fabric

I purchased a Broyhill sofa and loveseat in June 2012 and received delivery in November 2012. The fabric wa...

laramie leather sofa

I purchased a sofa, chair and ottoman from Russell Furniture aprox. 3 years ago. The leather is actually peeling away on cushions. I expected this sofa to last. I have never purchased a couch that has not lasted 8+ years and was in such condition that I was able to sell or donate the sofa. I am so disappointed with this product. It is defective and apparently not backed by your company, since I have contacted both Russell and Broyhill with no help offered! I have never purchased a couch that was such a piece of junk. I have purchased Broyhill in the past and have been fully satisfied. I would love to send pictures to you so you could see how substandard this item is. Again I have to stress how unhappy I am with this product and your customer service.

a chair that is falling apart that is 7 months old.

On February 27, 2017, I purchased a Broyhill 3 Piece Set, which includes 2 swivel chairs and a glass barrel...

maddie couch 6517_3, fabric 8417_8

I wanted fabric 8417_85, I had contacted Broyhill to get it, and they said I could have it. I mistakenly ordered wrong #. I understood my mistake and wanted to start new, and suddenly I can not have this fabric anymore, although it is still available, not discontinued. I offered to pay for waste, still not good enough. Factory is saying no. I have loved this style couch 7 years, but waited to find a fabric That Icould use, since Broyhill has great fabrics, but not for furniture. In the meantime, of trying to work my way through this. I noticed that the upper part of my unwanted Maddie couch, is beginning to droop and the fabric is stretching, or sagging, or wrinkling.It looks as if there is just not enough stuffing.I am not sure if because I bought it online, it is produced differently than Hoffman Koos. Either way I need to have this fixed, and am waiting on response from the place I purchased it and Broyhill. But I still want the fabric I wanted to begin with, which was available to me! A ton of unanswered emails from Broyhill, all I want is what I had available, and I know still exists. But now I am questioning the couch in general. Had Broyhill, changed the stuffing? It was such a beautifully well made couch 7 years ago, if I am to repurchase will I I have the quality that I expect? No sofa should do this after 2 weeks, I have no children or pets. But even if I did, this is unacceptable!

maddie couch 6517_3, fabric 8417_8

• Updated by Skweeky · Aug 30, 2017

I ordered this couch which was delivered on Aug 11. To begin with, I waited 7 years to find a fabric That I wanted. I originally saw this at Huffman Koos in NJ, but every fabric I chose was not an option. Through the years I have researched and a few months back saw fabric 8417-85. It was available on your site, despite protests from sales rep at Raymond and Flanigan. Home Gallery stores had it, and the sales rep from Raymour even called to tell me yes I can buy it. I even contacted your company personally. My mistake, I ordered the wrong fabric. So after many calls and contacts, was told I would have to buy new. I agreed. Then I was told I can not have this fabric, though it is still available. I offered to pay for waste, and was still told no, even though this was originally available. I have tried everything to make this happen, and am having nothing but problems. In the meantime Unwanted Maddie, sits in my livingroom, so I can sell. I want you to know original Maddie was superior construction, which is why I wanted this couch. Well, 2 weeks later and the upper half of this model is under- stuffed with probably the cheapest possible filling. I see droops, sags and wrinkles. I am not certain if lesser quality goes to online stores, but regardless this is unacceptable. I have no pets, children, my husband and I sit on this a few hours a night. What happened here? But all I really am asking is to correct this and please get me my fabric!

The poor quality of couch and love seat. The hearth collection a/o 8785-85/2tp 8592-85 and a/o 8785-85/2tp 8592-85

We purchased these products and now less than 2 years later the one spring on the bottom cushion of the loveseat is popping up. When it comes to the couch the back cushions are drooping. I am the only one sitting on the couch and I weigh a 130 pounds. Art Van came out in a timely fashion and were very helpful. The last furniture we bought was 20+ years old and our son is still using it. We were told that we need to unzip the back cushion and fluff it up. This is the last furniture we planned on purchasing since I am in my sixties and my husband in his late fifties. If we knew that there was going to be a continuous issue we would never have purchased it. We have no problems with any of the other products we purchased including the Lazyboy recliner which is the company we bought our last furniture from. There are a few ways to resolve this, one is to have us return the couch and loveseat and replace them with a different style of Boyhill furniture or to refund us our money and we will buy Lazyboy furniture from Art Van.

Measurements not as listed in store catalog or on Internet

In November 2009 I ordered a Broyhill sofa and chair from Greeley Gallery Furniture store. I had a specific requirement that I needed since I am a short person -- a seat depth of no more than 20". These two items were listed as having seath depth of 20". In mid-December these items were delivered to my house and I paid in full for them. I immediately discovered that the actual SEAT DEPTH on sofa and chair was more than 22" -- not what I had ordered. I immediately contacted store. They sent guy out who took digital pictures showing discrepancy. Store clerk called same afternoon and said store owner said sofa and chair could be returned; I assumed for full cash refund of purchase price. Next day delivery guys came back to my house and took back chair, but not sofa. I wrote letter to store owner telling him I wanted the sofa to be returned to the store also and a full refund of money paid. Within four days of initial delivery of furniture I received a nasty threatening letter from store owner. I filed complaint in Weld Co., CO Small Claims Court and also with local Better Business Bureau. Store owner has not complied with BBB request for resolution of matter, but has hired attorney who is also threatening to transfer my legal case from SCC to County Court [to defeat jurisdiction of SCC and try to force me to pay his attorney fees. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income and cannot afford to hire an attorney. Store is NOT concerned with customer satisfaction nor providing service. I am angry on two points: 1st, that the sofa/chair measurements are incorrectly listed by factory, and 2nd, that furniture store is trying to intimidate customer into accepting items that are not as specified or needed. This situation remains unresolved at present time. Sofa not returned to store in December sits covered up in my living room like an elephant. I have not been able to use my living room for weeks and I do not know how long this situation will continue. This is intolerable!!!

• Wd
    wdj1066 Mar 19, 2009

Ordered some Broyhill chairs in November of 2008. Paid with credit card. Got a series of stock e-mails regarding delivery. Five months later no chairs. Cancelled order. Got a stock e-mail notice of cancelled order. No explanation, apology. I'm not sure there's anybody home at efurnituredeals.com. I would recommend not wasting your time (while they hold your money!)

Poor quality

My wife and I purchased a bedroom suite from Broyhill on United Blvd in Coquitlam, B.C., Canada. We were told by the sales lady that only the dresser would be a floor model and the rest new. She wrote this down on our receipt and unfortunately we didn't read it because we thought that Broyhill had an excellent reputation. She had put floor model at the bottom of the receipt indicating that everything was a floor model. When the bedfroom suite arrived we noticed a colour difference between the night tables and the headboard. The night table was brown and the head board was black as can clearly be seen in the picture. We had to wait seven weeks for them to come and look at it and they said it was fine. The furniture has a one year warranty and this is clearly a factory defect because their hasn't been enough coat of lacquer put on and you can still see the grain. DO NOT BUY BROYHILL FURNITURE. Their rating with the Better Business Bureau is an "F" the lowest that you can get. I will be writing to the BBB. Does anyone know where there headquarters are? Sherry at Broyhill told me that they are the headquarters. Yeah, right!

Poor quality

Broyhill Galleries

Worst puchase experience -- Do not go there!!!

We bought 2 pieces of sofa from Broyhill furniture gallery in United Boulvard. They advertised that they can...

Broyhill Furniture Gallery
3 comments Coquitlam Furniture

Bad service

On November 3, 2003 I purchased two Broyhill chairs and matching ottomans from Haverty�s Furniture...

Calling my cell, leaving message!

PPI Mailbox Magazine is calling our cell phones repeatedly. Leaves Message and hangs up. No way to contact them. They say call them back you do and it is a recording saying to leave your telephone number and they will cancel calling you in about 14 days... This is completely unacceptable. Why do they leave a message if you can't t/w someone. Just eats the time up on your cell.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices