Rooms To Go Furniture / fraudulent policy on invoices!

I purchased a furniture package totaling 1805 dollars. Rooms to go charged me 100 dollars for delivery that I did not want to pay. I offered to pick the furniture up myself at their retail location, and I was told that I could not. They said I could drive to Alabama to pick it up, or pay the 100.00 delivery charge. I canceled my order within 48 hours per their policy. I paid by check, it says on their website that returns will be processed in 10 days and money will be applied to the account. My check was cashed on 3/6/07. I called customer service to find out why my refund was taking so long. I was informed then that my money would be held for 21 days after the check was cashed. Nowhere on any paperwork, or on their website did I see this policy in writing. The sales person told me I would have my refund in 10 days. I don't understand how they can hold my money interest free for 21 days. The customer service rep couldn't explain the reasoning behind holding my refund for 21 days, I was told, "that's just our policy." I have filed a complaint with the BBB.

I want rooms to go to post this policy on invoices and their website so that this doesn't happen to anyone else. I want rooms to go to pay interest for holding my refund for 21 days, unless they can provide documentation showing that the funds were held in escrow. I would also like an apology for getting the run around.

Ri

Comments

• Ba
      24th of Mar, 2009

Furniture not delivered when promised, as I see everyone else has had the same problem.

I purchased $8, 000.00 worth of furniture which included the EXTENDED WARRANTY which the salesman, "Dave Bridgewater #025369" @ Grapevine, TX store, told us the warranty was for the lifetime of the furniture if ANYTHING went wrong. No warranty documentation was given to us.
    Come to find out, this is a total LIE, after calling to get service on the CHEAP furniture which has NOT LASTED TWO (2) years. Customer service said they would email a copy of the warranty WHICH I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED.

• Ob
      7th of Mar, 2012

ROOMS TO GO IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! I would rather go to Pottery Barn and pay double the price, but at least they will do what they say!
    I was extremely patient for 1 hour while my salesman tried to help three different people - I should have been in and out in 20 minutes because I already knew what I wanted...
    After an hour we finally had the deal done it was to be delivered today
    3.7.2012 (I watched him click the button for today) - It's on my receipt that I signed... so I called customer service this morning to find out which 4 hour window I was in for delivery...only to get the person on the other end to say, we see your order but there is no delivery date set!!! WHAT??? Is it just going to sit there in your warehouse forever, until I call and say I didn't get it? Now the first available ship time is over a week from now...So guess who gets to explain to her three year old that his bunk beds will not be here today (after I have pumped it up so much- he was so excited this morning it was all he could talk about) crush his little heart...not rooms to go, MOM! I don't care if someone from the store or the warehouse has to load it up on their personal truck and drive it from Atlanta to Birmingham but YOU NEED TO MAKE IT RIGHT!!! I knew I should have gone somewhere else!!! PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID - Go to another store, deals are everywhere, and find someone who will actually do what they promise - You just lost a brand advocate RTG!!!

12th of Mar, 2012

obrienjackieo - I think we may have received an email from you from another post. If not, please feel free to contact us directly at tellus@roomstogo.com