Rick Case Hyundai / identity theft by car dealership

I purchased a car from them in Oct. 2004. On July 2006 a person was sold a car by Rick Case in Duluth, Georgia. The application had my name, social security & birth date on it and the loan was approved by Hyundai Motor Credit. The address did not match. The person did not have my driver's license and turned out to be 20 years younger than me. I was told by the finance manager at Rick Case that it was an error and my credit would be corrected. It has been suggested by an investigator at Hyundai Credit and my local police dept. that it may have been an inside job. What we suspect has happened is that the salesperson that sold the car in July 2006 used my information to qualify this other person for the car loan. Of course now the person has defaulted on the car loan and neither she nor the car purchased can be found. I will pursue this matter to prosecute this person that used my information and I will never trust Rick Case nor Hyundai Motor credit again.

Comments

• Fr
      8th of Mar, 2007

This matter has been settled to my satisfaction. F. Jones

• Su
      16th of Jan, 2008

Shows the irresponsible attitude that we found at Rick Case Hyundai at I-75 Dealership in Fort Lauderdale, FL. We bought 2 cars, there in October, 2007. We knew that we wanted Korean make cars so the salesman didn't have to sell us and he didn't have customer service skills anyway, trying to sell us cars that we already wanted. He kept going on and on about the cars and was annoying. We bought the cars on Sunday, the repair dept. was closed. We were told that we were supposed to get 2 tool kits with the cars. They were very accommodating accepting our checks. We returned 2 weeks later to find that there were no tool kits set aside for us by our salesman, Ralph, or anyone else. But they were promised to us and in the book for customers there is a page given to the tool kits that customers get with buying a car. I spoke to Jay the manager, he said they don't make the took kits any more - this was still in 2007 and we won't be able to get the tool ktits. Finally, after a long discussion he agreed to make some phone calls to other dealerships and get back to me. He never did get back to us either by phone or by e-mail. The checks for our cars were cashed. He had no problem doing that. Finally, I was back there yesterday by which time almost all the salespeople knew about the story of our family not getting the tool kits. I went to Jay again and he again smiled and said there are on tool kits available . There was a salesman there with him then. I told him that I didn't hear from him for 2 months about the tool kits. He smiled. No apology, no nothing. Then finally he said that he will call the Honda dealership down the street and try to get the tool kits for us. After an hour of waiting the tool kits arrived. No apology for my inconvenience, no nothing. He had a bad attitude.

• Ni
      30th of Jan, 2008

I purchased a sonata from the rick case hyundai IN DAVIE FL 2 months ago were i used to cars as trade ins a honda accord and also a mercedes which they allowed to be reposessed from there dealership after all the paper work had been signed off on the agreement was for the car to be paid off in full. THEN TO REALLY TOP THIS SCAM OFF THEY ASKED ME TO RETURN THE SONATA SO NOW IM CARLESS AND STUCK WITH A REPO MR AUTHUR BANKS AND JEFFREY ROWE TRUE SCAM ARTISTS YOUR RUNNING A EXTREMLY SHADY ESTABLISHMENT!!! RICK CASE SHOULD BE SO PROUD BUYERS BEWARE SHADY REDNECKS.

• Id
      11th of Sep, 2008

I've had my credit information compromised by Hyundai Motor Credit Finance Corp. I have never bought a Hyundai, nor would I ever buy such a car. But somehow, someone attempted to purchase a car through their credit corporation in my name. If anyone else has experience this problem, please tell me what you did to pursue legal or FTC actions. Thank-you

• Ke
      21st of Mar, 2011

My mom traded her Explorer for a 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe back in 2009 and everything went smooth. On November 20th, 2010 while at the dealership straightening out the service agreement my mom wanted, but never got, the sales manager Mr. Alan R. Theriault talked my mom into trading her 2009 Santa Fe for a 2011 Santa Fe. Two month later my mom had an incident and filed an insurance claim, only to find out that she did not have insurance, even though she paid for it for two months. Unlike the first deal, when all the paper work was taken care of for my mom, this time the insurance transfer was not done. The reason given was "too bad, so sad, we did it for your the last time but forgot this time; it is not our practice to do that for you; but it is really your responsibility. They led us on and on with that sales BS for 3 months now, until they finally fessed up that they didn't treat her with the same "customer service" as they did on the first deal. So for a mere $1, 600.00 that it cost our family to fix her car, Rick Case Hyndai or anything else has show what they really think of their customers. They will loose more way more than $1, 600.00 worth of business. Instead of having my mom being an advocate for them, as she was (4 other referals which yielded 2 purchases), it's now all bad publicity. Buh Bye Rick Case.