Rent A Center / bad acer computers (2)

Posted: Jan 10, 2013 by   User
Grand Island, Nebraska
I rented an acer previously owned for 1 yr. I brought it back in that evening it has shellcommon.DLL missing. They gave me another Acer previously owned for 1 yr I pd $130.00. This Acer gave me problems with Word Processor English Starter told me to go to Ctrl Panel hit repair I did took me 6 hours.Well Enlish starter didn't show but a word 2010 did.I used it it fought me every step.I was watching netflix turned it off.1 hour later I tried Netflix it said to reload Silverlight but it was installed before I got it. Then it locked up so I shut it down.I turned it back on and black screen demaning ethernet cable as I was plugging that in it then said it needed a boot disk.i should have brought the damn thing back yesterday with the English problem.This morning, missed them last night.They said I did somthing and that there was no hard drive.I was accused of going somewhere in the computer that i shouldn't have.I'm suppose to go back after 2 hours but they say I broke it.I told them did it occur to you these were returned because they were ^&$## up.They don't even have internet it there store so how would they no.They insist that it's me since i have gone thru 2 acers owned for 1 yr before i got them.I'm so pissed.This is out of my ctrl.They better give me a loner they said I would get the 1st 1 back after they sent it to the service center but this guy insists I did something to this.I will never own an Acer I just need a computer Temp.and my Toshiba got hacked cuz i bashed Obama on Facebook. Well let's see how they fix these.Lifetime of any laptop taken care of is aprox 2 yrs but if they are made or treated badly then I rest my case.Why would you pay for a yr on any computer at $130.00 and turn it back in unless there was a problem you could have owned two for that price, like I said if I had the money i would just go buy a computer not rent one.I'm treated horribly and accused and won't put up with this crap from anyone.all i can say is don't buy an Acer unless you baby the damn thing because my experience is 1 yr is all they are good for and they are not cheap.Rent a center better do what they claim or they will be in Arbitration and I will have my money or a computer back one way or the other.
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Laptops / Notebooks

Comments

N  14th of Jan, 2013 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Hi, I work at RAC. If you give our Customer Service team a call at 1-800-422-8186, they will be able to look into your case and see what can be done to help you. I hope you’ll give them a call. Thanks.

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree