Having problems with Rent-A-Center?

+1 800 422 8186 (Customer Service)
+1 800 665 5510 (Product Information Or Pricing)
5501 Headquarters Drive
Sat7:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

fraudulent offers

On 5/21/10 at approximately 3:14 pm I received a phone call from a female employee at the White lane office...

harassment, unfair debt collection

Written by cynthia, on [protected]:50

We need to unite to file a class action suit. I have spoken with an attorney, please contact his office : rac has done a great deal from unfair debt collection practices, harassment, deceptive prices. His name and office numbers are below: please call to see if you have a case and can be added.

Tom holman
1250 broadway, suite 3701
New york, new york 10001
[protected] (Voice); [protected] (Fax)
www.holmanlawoffice.com

• Sh
    SHELLISE L Coleman Aug 21, 2010

I agree the RAC located 3039 N Pulaski Road Chicago ill, 60639, phone # 773-202-9090 BAD NEWS, ignorent manager and staff, I am aware of there polices and the way they do bussiness, But there communication skills when dealing with the public, are very unprofessionable. The store manager ERICA needs to learn how to be more professional, This young lady is the reason why some RAC customers, will pay off there furniture or applilance will not return to that perticular store, or will simply do the paper work, and transfer to another RAC with a manager that knows how to communcate with the public. like the RAC located 71st E jeffery chicago ill 60649, The manager and staff have excelent people skills.

• Al
    aliyyah2010 Dec 14, 2010

I agree they recently changed the manager at the location in Irvington NJ her attitude is very nasty, she is very rude and talks to you as if you are nothing. They harass you on the day that your payment is due they called me 2 times before 4pm on saturday I never even got a chance to get to the store. Horrible customer service and this just started I've been a customer for 3 years and never had this problem until she came along.

• Va
    valerie ann Jan 13, 2011

first off read the fine print all of rent a centers merchandise is repoed and used, yea thats what you want an old bed from detroit, geeze go to craigs list this is sick and unsanatary ...

bad customer service

I went to make my payment I was late 5 days I told the rent a center people that on friday I will make my payment, and I did firts they told me they need two payments on that day, and my next due date was next day I went after work on friday to make my payment, and I always answer the phone and treat pleople with respect, im happy to do business with renta center is not fair that one cashier with no education make the company look bad this person he did not give me my receipt and was treating it like a joke in front of the manager and employes.

• Ju
    Judes Feb 23, 2009

I bought a washer/dryer combo in Aug 2006. In Sept 2008 my washer broke down for the 3rd time. This time they kept it for 3 months. While they had washer, dryer stopped working. The day they were bringing both back to me they broke the washer door. I finally got it back 3 weeks later and now the washer is broke again. I have been waiting for 6 weeks to have them repair it and the manager, Chris won't call me back. When they brought it back, the y didn't hook the washer up and the first time u sed it my garage got flooded.

• La
    Larryb111 Mar 10, 2010

We bought a washer & dryer from rent a center in Akron Ohio within 2 weeks washer doesn't work, paid for 2 year extended warranty on both, but can't seam to connect to get repaired

Stop before you do it May 03, 2010

They can never decide what the real cost is for you rental's. I have been renting for about a year and 1/2 and the price is always different when I got to pay they told me once that it was some kind of waiver fee but it is not charged all the time what is that. I called customer service and they are no help they tell me they have charges waiver charges but cannot tell me what the waiver is for.
    I WILL NEVER BUY OR RENT FROM RENT A CENTER AGAIN!!!
    DON'T DO IT!!!
    TO MANY OTHER COMPANIES OUT THERE THAT DO A BETTER JOB.

Stop before you do it May 03, 2010

Do not do it. I have been renting and buying from rent a center for over 20 years. But this last time has been horrendous. Some of the people are horrible that are at the Webster Groves Missouri store. They cannot tell me why they are charging a waiver fee. After I have been buying for this long and for about the last 6 months the totals keep changing. Nobody seems to know what is going on. Called customer service headquarters and they do not seem to know anything either. Just beware do not buy from them. I WILL NOT EVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN. There are too many other companies out that do a better job than them.

paying four times original market value

I obtained a television from rent-a-center about a year ago, when I got it home, plugged it in and turned it on there were lines across the screen for a few minutes, then they went away. I called the store and asked if this was normal for this brand of tv (Sony Viao plasma), they told me that would happen everytime I turned the appliance on, but it would go away.

Well, three days later, the lines stayed for a whole hour before disapating and showing a normal image. I again called the store and they told me to bring it in and they would take a look at it. I brought it in to the store, it did the same thing and they told me that it was normal, "it must have been cold in my house that day and it just needed to warm up." I called several times over the next four months and received the same non-chalant concern.

I finally took the television back to the store and demanded that I get a replacement. They gave me another television, instead of applying my payments on the broken TV that they sold me, they started me over on another contract without bothering to mention that.

Now keep in mind that my payments are due every Saturday, since I work on commission, if I have a good week I will pay anywhere from the minimum balance to four times the minimum balance every week! Well, I have run into some hard financial times and may not be able to pay one week, but I will always pay two to three times the amount the next week if I am late. For the last twelve payments (that's three months) if I don't pay by 10:00 am on Saturday they call me to tell me my payment is due. I have told them several times that I work every Saturday in another town 45 miles in the opposite direction from them (they are 30 miles west of my house, work is 45 miles east of my house) so it's not like I can just stop by on my way to work. So, if I don't pay by Monday, they are calling me three times a day and calling my friends that I put down for references daily.

I also called them today to make my payment by phone, because they doubled my payment online (which I usually do) and asked how much I still owe them. They told me another 39 payments, which is another 9 almost 10 months!! Which comes out to a little over $2017. It's nice to know that all of my hard work at trying to pay extra on some weeks has been to no avail, for a television that I've already had for six months. $63 a week for 6 months (you do the math), sometimes more each week, plus the $2017 plus that I supposedly still owe, for a television that I could have gone to walmart and bought for $1500!

Jane Mar 03, 2009

I began renting to own a computer from rent-a-center in jonesville michigan. about four months before my pc was paid off, it started messing up so I took it in. They said they have a place they have to send them to get fixed and I could pick it up wednesday. There was no offer of a loaner while mine was being repaired. When I picked up my computer wednesday I found that they hadn't fixed it but just put it back to it's original and deleted all my files. I took it back in, and back in, and back in, all the while a loaner was never offered. The only thing they ever did was reset it back to it's original status and I continued getting the dreaded blue screen of death and my graphics card continued messing up.

For four months, I was without my computer but I couldn't be late on any payments. They continued to charge me. Well, I paid my computer off finally and it was sent in one last time to be 'fixed'. I got the pc back and now there are drivers missing and I can't even get on the internet. My boyfriend called them and they said that it was pretty much my problem now since it was paid off. What a ripoff! I am very dissatisfied with the way they handled this and the fact that my pc isn't fixed. I've paid almost 8000.00 dollars for a computer that doesn't work.

• So
    sonny Jun 14, 2009

after reading your post, ive come to 3 conclusions. the first is that you are lying because even the most expensive computer carried is roughly $3500. the second is that you are responsible for all of the computer issues. if a computer keeps going back to the blue screen after being restored to factory condition it is usually due to oe...operator error. the third conclusion i reach is that you must be an idiot if you truly did pay 8000 for a computer. good luck with the purchase of a $10, 000 black and white tv

• Mo
    moonriver67 Jul 18, 2009

rac is a rip off, make sure you have a jar of vaseline, if you go to rac.

• Re
    rentacenter Jan 11, 2010

when rent a center came to switch out my livingroom set (because the 1st one was to big) they set the couch on my kitchen floor until they brought in the other couch and when they lifted the couch from my kitchen they ripped my floor went and talked to them the next day and now there saying oh my help said they didnt do it... of course there going to say that... this company is just lining there pockets and the hell with everyone else...what gets me is the manger said go get a estimate well when he saw the price that was it we cant do anything for you and again MY HELP SAID THEY DIDNT DO IT... if you people are thinking about dealing with them id think again...

• At
    Atlanta404 Mar 09, 2010

You have to handle damage upfront, not a day later. You should have taken pictures, called the store, and required that the movers do a write up claiming responsibility.

• Ki
    KixStar Apr 12, 2010

Anyone who uses Rent-A-Center is an idiot.

You got what you deserve.

• Do
    Dolphin1717 Apr 13, 2010

I agree with the first commenter...unless I could walk in and find a cash and carry deal (They do occasionally have $200-400 couches you can buy outright and leave the store with) I wouldnt step foot in a RAC...the payments are way too expensive, you pay 3x as much as just being patient and saving up a smaller amount of money to buy it outright from another store.

• Kr
    Krisp8888 Dec 29, 2010

I will be interviewing here soon at a Lifetime's Child Center...and LOVE Lifetime Fitness! I hope that if I were to be hired on, I could help prevent these type of things.

A couple things-

First of all...
    Beware of these Gym Child Care Center's in general. My mother, who owned her own home daycare for over 16 years, worked at one(Not Lifetime)- and it was HORRIBLY run.

Through the programs I have personally worked in(Camps, etc.)- I can tell you, that if you knew what went on in these places you send your children, you would NEVER send them there in the first place.

Parents- Be very careful.

employees stealing your payments..

Years ago I rented and completly paid for living room furmiture, a stereo and other miscellaneous items from...

double charging

I got one. RAC always lets me make my payment over the phone on Sat. This week on tuesday I checked my bank account online only to find that they charged me again (on tuesday) and this caused my bank account to be overdrawn. So all the small one to five dollar purchases have a -35.00 next to them. Anyways, this made my account -288.00. I have called, and they said that they are working on the problem. I still have not even got a return call to let me know they are working on it or anything about fixing this. Has this happened to anyone else? I filed a complaint with the BBB, I'm just trying to figuire out what else I can do.

• Po
    popecko Mar 24, 2010

Talk to your bank - it was an unauthorized charge. They should be able to reverse all those fees while they investigate it. Good luck!

RAC Gal Mar 25, 2010

It's been a few days since you posted, so I certainly hope you've received a call, or better yet, that things are resolved by now! If things haven't gotten straightened out, please call the corporate customer support number so they can speed up the fix. I work for RAC so know the number is 800-422-8186. So sorry to hear this happened to you and that you weren't hearing back that it was being quickly resolved. Something similar happened to me once and it was just very stressful. (Oh, and popecko, that was good advice, too!)

unbelievable bribery and thievery!

I began college and it needed a laptop but I did not have the cash to buy one outright, so like most of u...

bed bugs

Rent A Center customers beware. I bought a couch from that was cash and carry. I had company that slept on it...

rude

The maniger their is seriously rude and i am so sick of it. he swears at his cosumers on the phone if their...

complaint

I purchased this very computer from rentacenter (used). for only $400. It was a great deal. I was never late on my payment. I was using my cousins number as a contact number. On the day my payment was due rentacenter called my cousin while she was in college just after opening. This was uncalled for, i was not late, had not been late. I consider this harrassment. This is bad for business because for the customers who do pay on time turn away and go to the competitors and are willing to pay more for reasons like this.

RAC Gal Feb 16, 2010

Terclou – I work at RAC (not that location) and I hear you. Speaking personally, if I didn’t know to expect it, that call would likely have annoyed me too. Since customer rental agreements expire each week (or month, depending on how you set it up with your store) it is RAC’s policy to call to renew the agreement each week and the people at the store should have explained that to you so that it wouldn’t take you off guard. Please know that now that you have an on-time renewal payment under your belt, you can request that the store not call you the day payments are due – that they should just anticipate you’ll pay that day – and they should honor your request. All that said, I understand that your main point with your post is that you think that policy stinks, but I hope that this will help make the rest of your rental period go more smoothly so you can feel better about getting that $400 deal on the computer. (That is a good deal, btw!)

• Po
    popecko Mar 23, 2010

They did that to me too, which is why I am glad I no longer use them. However, they did come through in a pinch - but the weekly calls got to be way to much after a while! Plus their policy to not accept checks made life very hard. I had to make sure I had a credit card with enough free $ on it to pay them each week.

harassment

I currently rent a t.v. and sofa from Rent A Center. My payment was due on wed. 10/22/08. I was not able to make a payment this week. I spoke with an associate on thurs. 10/23/08 and explained my situation and told him that I would make a double payment on wed. 10/29/08 which was never a problem since I have done that in the past. Rent A Center called me, my brother, and my parents on friday 10/24/08, sat 10/25/08, monday 10/27/08, and tueday 10/28/08 looking for a payment. Rent A Center has my cell phone number and work phone number. Are they allowed to harass my family members for a payment? A response would be greatly appreciated.

• Ri
    Richard mad as hell Mar 22, 2012

Rent a Center has harassed me and threatened me of lawsuite and check fraud for one of their Cash Advance scams ... scams they cant get the military to even sign up for this abuse.

I want to see all cash advance stores closed nationwide ... super high interest... they say they want to hold a blank check then call it check fraud and threatened to procucute me from 2009

Close all Cash Advance stores for Fraud

Stupid rent a center Jul 10, 2015

This is a major complaint. I have worked with rent a center for 20 years and have never been treated so badly. I am dealing with your center in Tifton, Ga. I have been lied to on several occasions and received very poor service due to this. I bought a washer from your company and the warranty (which I was told would cover EVERYTHING) I sent it in due to the locking mechanism. Three weeks later I was told it would cost me 300.00 to fix it. It was not covered under the warranty. I was not told why. I told them to send it back to me with the Estimate and told they would have to get a copy faxed to them and would send it. I received my washer with a new scratch and no paperwork. I had to call twice to set up the pick up and three days and several call to get it back. Kim is the one who I worked with (she is the only one answering the phone. She had to talk to Marcus every time and would call me back which she never did. My washer is not fixed I have no idea what is wrong and now I have to have a private worker some and charge to give me a Estimate on what is wrong.
    I have worked with Marcus and have never been treated so rudely. I needed to change my payment schedule and received nothing but grief. I pay by computer due to the fact I NEVER want to step foot in this store again. I will Never work with you company again. I have a washer that does not work, I have a few payment on another item and once that is done I am done. I can not believe after 20 years one store can treat someone so badly that they will never ever deal with you gain. Bit they did it. I will post this to BB and tell my family and friends about this. So I do not think I am the only one who will decide to never deal with your company again.

Pam

Ashburn, GA

Jana W. Jul 13, 2015

Hello! I work for RAC! We definitely don’t want you to feel harassed and would love to discuss this further with you. Please give us a call at 1-800-422-8186 when you get the chance. Thanks!”

out of money and furniture

I had dealt with this company a couple of times. Most people think it is dumb but actually it can be okay if you pay off your purchase within three months. And that is what I do. Well, my son was moving back in and needed a bedroom set I suggested that we check out Rental Center in Redlands California. I ask for a use bedrooms set the guy that handle us seem nice and said he wanted to show my son a few new ones that was in a book. My son chose one filled out the application and was told he would get delivery on Monday. Both my son and I work at night no delivery during the day. I did not want to deal with the situation because I work a twelve hour shift. I also purchase a orange livingroom set. It was use but it was in excellent condition and could not beat the price. On thursday I finally called Rent A Center and ask where funiture the guy Steve could not figure out why it was not deliver. So I ask for delivery on the next day which would have been Friday October 3 2008, they agreed between 2 and 4. Five oclock no call or funiture. I call RC and I was told they would not deliver because someone did not come to work. I explain to them that was unacceptable and I wanted deliver the same day. They aggreed and also told me they did not contact me because they did not have my current number. When they finally came to my door I glanced at the paper work and said how can you guys tell me you did not call me when my phone number is written on your paper work, in my son's handwriting. The rude African American (it's okay I am African American myself) went off say he did not have that paper work with him when he came our on Monday. I said and it was not available to you when you got back to your store? He went on to threaten me that he would be my account manager I should basically (not in these words) but should not cause trouble. He wanted to see the room that the funiture would be deliver in. My son showed him. He goes to his truck stays there for about 15 minutes. He comes back and say well, we cannot deliver your funiture because we did not get this sign off. Okay you must remember that he claim they tried to deliver it on Monday and now it is Friday. And he is just now discovering that the manager did not sign off on the application. We argue at my door and I ask if we could get our money back. He said yes let me call the assistant manager and tell him that you will be back in to get your money. The entire time he is acting like I have done something wrong. But I am the person that gave my son's funiture away and had given my own funiture away anticipating to get replacement. When I spoke to the assitant manager he told me I could not get my money back because they were close and he had locked the safe. Amazing don't you think.

I then phone the corp. 800 number and someone called me back and ask me what happen? I explain to her what happen then she said okay someone will be calling you back within 24 hours. I can bet you that 24 hours from now I can write again and let you know no one has call me. So when she told me that I was mad as can be. And she said why are you now yelling? I said because I am not sure why did you call if you were not going to help out with the problem. She said okay bye someone will call you in 24 hours.

Where does my problem lies. No one ever told me I am sorry for this problem. No one ever ask me how can we right this wrong you are feeling. No one ever said our intention was not to have all these situation happen. They have just pass the buck I am out of money and funiture.

harassing phone calls

I am not a Rent a Center customer and have never even been in one of their stores before. They have been calling me for weeks looking for someone else and I have repeatedly told them that this isn't the person they're looking for, that I recently got this phone number, and asked them to quit calling me. If anything, this caused their calls to become more persistent and they get really rude like I'm lying to them or something. I don't know how many managers and employees I spoke to, each of them saying that my number had been removed from the system and I would not recieve a call again.

I'm sure they hear that excuse all the time, but does it not occur to them that it might be true in some cases? These people are awful, based on that I would never do business with them.

chris jonez Jan 28, 2010

i was in jail for 45 days and during this time my tv was stolen and couldnt report it cause i was in jail so now 6 months later im being charged with theft of 500 to 1500 and had to get non-arrest bond and get a lawyer.By the way when i got out of jail i tried to file a police report but they said since i could nt prove anything no report needed to filed and the officer told that this is a civil matter not a criminal matter!

• Go
    goodbyerbow Jan 16, 2011

it appears you are on the card close every week. pay your agreement on time & they won't call you, oh yeah forgot you don't pay your bills on time that is why you have to use RAC's good & services you jack wagon

herrassing calls

I have repeatily asked the employees to stop calling me 2 and three times a day including additional calls to...

overcharges

I always pay on time and pay off in 90days. But when its time to pay-off my amount is always different from theirs. I always ask why and they always come out with surcharges or taxes, But I've added my tax and surcharges are I thought only suppose to be paid if you continue to rent. they even said one time that when you pay extra money on one item that the money sits their like piggy bank money. What the *** are they talking about? It's a bunch of excuses they have for their mistakes, but anyway I guess that's how it is at rac.

• Mi
    mike23man Dec 07, 2009

I worked for Rent-A-Center in Sylva NC and i agree they ### people over. I got fired because i had the flu on a tuesday and the next day got fired for job abdonment. If anyone would like to join in a major lawsuit agaisnt this company let me know. they treat customers like crap and dont know how to run anything right. THey ignore Osha laws and if made me lift 150 washers by myself and the law states you need 2 people on every delievery. They dont care of thier prducts and lie to clients

roaches in electronics

We had to rent a TV while ours was being repaired. The first TV's sound was so bad that you could not hear anything except the background noise. The 2nd TV that RAC brought was full of Roaches. As soon as it warmed they swarmed every where. Their comment was "I'm sorry"...It cost us big $$$ to fumagate and don't know if we got rid of all the roaches or not. Will go without a TV before I would rent from RAC again. The store is in Leavenworth Kansas. This is a health hazard that is reportable to the Health Dept.

robbery/harassment/ stalking

Rent A Center harrasses my 3 kids my girl friend my friends my parents my girlfriends employer rent a center...

bait & switch

I had to move unexpectedly and found myself without furniture or much in the way of savings when I did. I was able to purchase everything I needed for my move with the exception of a Sofa & Loveseat. Against my better judgment, I saw an Advertisement for a Sofa & Loveseat set at Rent-A-Center for $80/mos. and decided to try that out, knowing I could go the 90-days Same As Cash Price if they turned out to be as big of dirt-bags as their reputation makes them out to be (the set was an Ashley Furniture set that was about 45% higher than the Ashley Store price so it didn't seem like too steep of a risk). I placed my order online and was called back shortly by a representative from the local store.

The representative was very polite and courteous. So, I wasn't too bothered with the fact that they didn't have the Model # of the item I had ordered online. When I told her it was the one on sale in the current Advertisement she got even more confused. She excused herself from the conversation and came back 5 minutes later to tell me that they do have the Advertised set, but in Brown, not Black. I told her that was acceptable. She gave me a price quote for $80/mo. and took my payment information and told me they could arrange delivery once I got into the store to sign the paperwork.

An hour later I show up at the store to sign the paperwork and they show me the Sofa & Loveseat set which is different than what they had in the Advertisement. When they have me sign the paperwork, the price was $130/mo., rather than the advertised $80/mo. Considering I was going to go the 90 days Same As Cash Route I didn't sweat it, but I did mention it. They took the paperwork and went into the warehouse and came back saying it was indeed their mistake, the price was going to be $179/mo. for that set. I thought maybe the local Advertisement might be different than the one shown to me online so I grabbed the local Advertisement at the counter and it had the same $80/mo. set on the cover. I asked if could have the Advertised set instead. They assured me that's what I would be getting for the $179/mo. instead of the $80/mo. (Can't I have the one Advertised for $80/mo. for $80/mo. or is that too much to ask?)

Well, if they won't give the Advertised item for the Advertised price, and it is going to be more than twice the advertised price, I decided I liked a cheaper floor model that they had any way while being given the run-around. It was $129/mo. set according to the sign on the item. I was given a Contract for that set at $129/mo. which I signed, and I paid for one month in full and scheduled a delivery, making sure that I was setup for monthly payments.

The delivery was scheduled for a week later after they received their first payment. When the scheduled window of delivery was missed I called inquiring about it and to confirm my delivery was indeed scheduled for today (as I had to take 4 hours off of work to be there for the delivery window they had scheduled). In response, they called all the references I had provided, apparently in a rather stand-offish manner (one lasting over 30 minutes). The scheduled time was missed by about 3 1/2 hours, but at least it was on the day they said it would be. They are a few hours worse than the Cable Guy, but a day ahead of UPS, still not too much of a harm or foul (apart from harassing my friends and family over the phone). I was a little uneasy but still things weren't seeming bad until it came time to sign for the delivery. The delivery papers stated my payment would be $179/bi-weekly instead of the $129/mo that I had signed previously...and my next payment would be due in 1 week, not in 3 weeks as per the contract!

So, now...I'm not sure what to think or do. I was planning on paying off the set at the Cash Price on my Birthday in 5 weeks. However, now I'm not so sure if they are going to honor the Cash Price or not, since if they cannot honor the Quoted Price nor the Contractual Price and continue to Bait & Switch me, then Bait & Switch is probably all I can expect from them. Maybe it's better I just walk away from the 1st Month payment I paid before I get any deeper and have them pick their furniture back up.

Besides, if they are already harassing my references when I was one month paid ahead, what is it going to be like when I get two or three weeks closer to my payment date? I value my friends and family more than I value $129.

If this is any indicator of how Rent-A-Center does business then it's no business I want to deal with ever again.

RAC Gal Sep 15, 2009

fr_ormus - I work at RAC and am so sorry to read about your bad experience and the confusion at the store.

Since working this out with your local store isn't really working for you, I hope you'll consider calling our Customer Service line at 800-422-8186. They can get your contact info and then get you in contact with the district manager for that area who can help straighten things out.

awful, awful, awful

We had rented a bedroom set from them but the bed was a queen size and it did not fit in the room, it was to big.. they came and picked it up, but i didnt have it the whole month, they called me and told me that i have $ 111.00 credit, when i went there they told me that i could not get that back unless i get some thing else. well i do not like that co. what i did get from them they gave it to me as new when in dee it was used.all i would like is the money they say is mine..

• So
    SoniaH Aug 17, 2009

I work for Rent-A-Center and am sorry to read that you had a bad experience! I'm pretty new to the company and am not sure exactly what our policy is in a situation like this, but since you're not feeling good about how this was resolved working directly with your local store, you might try contacting our customer support line at 800-422-8186 -- maybe they can help?

Unknown Port Charlotte Sep 15, 2009

Rent a center not only harrassed me when I was a day or 2 late but they harrassed my 3 children each under the age of 10 and when I confronted them about the problem the guy wanted to flex his muscles with me I think his name was gregg or nick not to sure allen as well was the other telephone toughguys and window warriors If I had all three of them in a dark alley I would use nicks pencil dick to ### allen's skinny four eyed ### and I would use gregg's leather face as a cum rag to blot up nick's fat bloody ### after the three of them were done ###ing in the back of the rent a center truck and to add more complaints they knock real hard and cracked my living room glass window and blamed it on my dogs that were ready to pull theyre balls out their throats

Unknown Port Charlotte Sep 15, 2009

I agree rent a center is a rip off and District manager jason takes his fat aggression out on his customers because danielle his wife beats the fat into him at home

Unknown Port Charlotte Sep 15, 2009

I rented a bed and a Playstation the bed was stained and as hard as a rock and the playstation was a different one i signed the contract for rent a center should be shut down and all the money they make should go back to all the previous renting customers

scam

Even though I have heard nothing positive about RAC, I found myself in a position that I needed a new couch and didn't have the cash upfront to pay for it so I reluctantly filled out the papers to have a couch delivered. It seems in signing the rental agreement, I was also signing up to get called every hour when I'm late with a payment and having their deliverymen/goons actually come to my apartment and pound on my doors 2x a day. This last time, I wasn't even late and they were on the horn, leaving me message after message and sitting out in my parking lot waiting and peeping in windows. It's to the point where I am afraid to answer the door or even step outside my door. My kids are afraid to play outside because of the Rent-A-Center people! It's crazy that a business is allowed to harrass people to this extent.

Unknown Port Charlotte Sep 15, 2009

Ok to the fool backing rent a center your a pole smoker junkie that needs a rent a dick . RENT A CENTER IS NOT ONLY A THIEF BUT THEY ARE LIARS WHEN THEY PUT SOMETHING IN A CONTRACT FOR YOU TO SIGN THAT SAYS THE PS3 IS A 60 GB AND YOU OPEN THE BOX AND ITS A 80GB THATS A BIG DIFFERENCE LIKE A 100 BUCKS THEY SHOULD GIVE ALL PAST CUSTOMERS THEIR MONEY BACK LIKE THE LAWSUIT IN JERSEY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FORFEITED BACK TO THE PUBLIC FOR THEIR PATHETIC GREED. My opinion of the pole smoker junkie who needs to rent a dick get a life. to rent a center employees i hope you get your balls kicked out your mouth for every door you knock on asking for money a day late, and when you come up or call someones work i hope your wife is cheating 0n you with the guy renting your stuff.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices