Raymour & Flanigan / customer service is very low!

I had purchased a love seat from your store in johnson city, n.y. In march of this year. I also took out the insurance. Since then we were hit with a flood this June. I had 45 inches of water in my room were the love seat sat. I would think your company would help people out who was hit with this flood. I went to the store and the manager told me they really could not do any thing about this. I feel that they should work with people and give them a break. I feel they should at least give me a 35 to 40 percent off a new one since i purchased this in march of this year. Since i want to replace this with the same thing. We were also looking to purchase a new sofa, 2 recliners, a table 4 chairs to match, along with a complete dining room set and misc. End tables, lamps. Etc. Enclosing i feel that they were not willing to work with me so i will take my business to one of your competitors in the area. Thank you for your time.

Complaints details:

Raymour & Flanigan
Address is 220 Reynolds Road, Johnson City , New York 13790.

Fa

Comments

• Al
      3rd of Dec, 2006

1) Didn't you have homeowners insurance? 2) Why should a store give you a "40% Discount" on a new Loveseat you had purchased in March...When you bought the new carpet did you ask for a "40% Discount" on that too?

• Bt
      5th of Apr, 2007

I agree with the fact that you could only hope to find someone to help. But to demand it and to expect it ... how foolish on your part. By sharing your feelings with other people is making you look the part also .. foolish that is. Sorry about your misfortune.

• Ve
      9th of Jun, 2007

Never again will i buy or recommend to raymour, i previously purchased a 3 piece (sofa, chaise and chair) that is chenille, it never came with cleaning instructions. A little water spilled on the chaise and left a water stain, i called several stores and was transferred all over the place and no one could answer my question because i didn't purchase a protection plan. I went into the store and no one was of any help, i was advised by 1 guy to damp a towel or cloth and gently brush the product. It ended up worst. Finally after several months they sent someone to look at it his name was paul, he called and stated he was in the area 3 days prior to appointment date and wanted to come over. He was very anxious and started spraying things on it, that made it even worst, then the carbon monoxide detector started going bananas, he said that was normal. He then took a green magic marker and started to mark the spot i advised him i never ever seen anything like that before and stopped him after his first attempt. He took a picture and advised not to call the store until a week later for results because the picture have to be downloaded, i advised him i have a digital camera and that could be done in a minute. I then called the store spoke with a nice woman who advised he didnt call it in as of yet . The next day i called back and the gentlemen stated i was lying he never did that, she then started calling me a lier, i asked for her manager and was advised nothing could be done. I stated to them i will go through corporate because i never ever had or ever seen treatment or attitude from customer svc rep or management. Very unprofessional, i am filing a claim with small claim court. All i wanted was the furniture was cleaned or exchanged for a different piece or cleaning instructions for that matter. If i have to call the news channels and put this on tv i will. Im filing a complaint. I never ever wanted none of this to happen but im annoyed and unsatisfied, agivated and didnt get any where. Paul acted if he was on drugs, i will also see if a drug test could be done, there employment web site stated drug free environment.

• Cj
      12th of Jun, 2007

I don't think ANYONE except home-owners insurance covers Acts of God, nor do retailers offer Acts of God discounts... thats why we purchase home-owners insurance...

• Rh
      22nd of Jun, 2007

You're kidding me right? Raymour and Flannigan should give you a discount because of your own negligence in purchasing Homeowner's or flood insurance. We keep hearing buyer beware it's more apt in this day of consumer's dishonest sense of entitlement that retailers beware. No wonder most of them are going bankrupt.

11th of Jul, 2007

I used to work for Raymour and Flanigan. Giving a discount to a customer who had damaged furniture because of a flood could not possibly happen. It would be the same as if a person came in because of a fire, everyone should have homeowners insurance. It was not Raymour's fault that you did not have it nor that a flood occurred. I worked at Levitz before Raymour and the difference in prices on the same pieces is so great. Raymour actually does give customers good discounts and despite popular opinion, furniture is not marked up 200%.

11th of Jul, 2007

Adding to my comments above... there is no insurance on furniture. It is a protection plan for customer caused accidents. It covers stains rips tears scratches, normal wear and tear, not a flood. You were given a pamphlet and advised to read everything that it covers.

7th of Aug, 2008

Haha... they must have fell on the floor laughing after you left the showroom.. Who in their right mind is going to think a furniture retailer will cover such a problem??

• Cm
      19th of Sep, 2011

If everyone in this forum actually knew what they were talking about you would not be so quick to judge. Raymour and Flannigan actually sells a protection plan for accidents and household incidents. Why would it matter if someone had homeowner's insurance? One doesn't have anything to do with the other. The store sells this additional "insurance" and makes the customer feel that they are covered for everything. If you even read the brochure there is no mention of whether or not flooding is covered . . . in addition there is even a picture of a child with a corkscrew drilling into a table. One would naturally assume that if intentionally caused 'accidents' are covered why wouldnt an 'actual' accident be covered as well. I purchased over 10, 000 in furniture from Raymour and Flanigan and 5 months later, I too lost it all in a flood. They didn't even offer a friggen 10% discount. I don't care who you are if someone is willing to purchase that much the first time around why wouldnt you want to keep them happy for future purchases? Their customer service is a joke and I will never purchased another piece from them again.