Raymour And Flanigan / they have no faith in their products

I purchased a living room set (couch & 2 chairs) from Raymour and Flanigan in October 2005, the salesman stated how they stand behind their products and convinced me to by the"Platinum Protection Plan" for only $199.95. This plan covers five years. Almost one year to the day one of the leather couch cushions started getting faded white lines on the brown cushin. This is labeled as NORMAL wear. I have never had a couch wear this fast especially when no one is home during the day to sit on it. If This is what this company considers normal it shows they have no faith in their products. They lost a customer and I will try to persuade family and friends not to shop there.

Po

Comments

• Al
      1st of Feb, 2007

I also have a poorly made sofa from Raymour and Flanigan. The sofa is Broyhill, so I expected better (shame on me). The sofa is so poorly made we had to call in and use our "Platinum Protection Plan" for ripping seams within a year. After many phone calls, they sent out a technician who "fixed" it.

Now, two years later, the very same seams are ripping again. Apparently, once a problem is repaired it is no longer under warranty!!!! Not only that but the sofa cushions are now threadbare in some parts. That is not covered either. I won't even go into the delivery issues! Broyhill makes a terrible excuse for a sofa. R & F charged us way too much for it, they lied to us about how great their protection plan is. They are not standing behind anything. I don't know how they sleep at night!

• Br
      17th of Jun, 2008

I also bought a living room set by Cindy Crawford designs and it wasn't even a year when I started to notice tears on the seams of the cushions and it became to look very sluggish. Their response was to fluff them up to make them look better. This is not acceptable and as of right now I'm in the middle of arguing back and forth to get this fixed. Cheap material!!! I'm sure Cindy would not like this publicity for her items.