Quest Diagnostics / possible balance billing

United States Review updated:

On Septemeber 1, 2011, I went to Quest Diagnostics as my physician wanted some laboratroy test done. I went in handed her the physician order. An order I could not understand of what test were going to be done. The technician hardly said a work to me. We did not speak about what was being done as I was so ill that I just wanted to get the labs done and go home. She drew the labs and send me on my way. Weeks later I received a report from Medicare of what was paid. Quest Diagnostics accepted my insurance payment. Although my insurance would not pay for two of the tests ordered by my physician. Their reason being that they said the 2 labs were unecessary labs. I am hoping that someone can please help me with this matter. Even though Quest accepted my insurance and Quest is now hauting me for more money isn't this balance billing? They want to charge me $500.00 for these 2 labs. I thought once they accepted a person's insurance they cannot bill me for more money. Also, I was never informed my Quest when I went for the labs that there were going to be additional charges. Can someone please help me. I have a debt collector on my back. I have excellent credit and I am low-income. Quest is now trying to ruin my credit rating by sending this bill to a debt collector. I keep thinking should I just pay the bill and then some say that I shouldn't as I was not informed and Quest accepted my insurance in this case. Hope someone can help me, please.

Su

Comments

• Su
      21st of Mar, 2012

Sorry, but my attorney said they are balance billing me. Also, do you know what my insurance companies entail. I have been balance billed before and know all to well what it is. I just needed my attorney to veirify it. I paid my deductible's and co-pays so they have no reason to further bill me.

• Qu
      6th of Apr, 2017

just do not see all these complaints on BBB