Having problems with Ancestry?

Ancestry Customer Service Contacts

360 W 4800 N
Provo, Utah

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ancestry Customer Service. Initial Ancestry complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ancestry above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ancestry. Discuss the issues you have had with Ancestry and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Ancestry Complaints & Reviews

Ancestry.comAncestry

I've had it with Ancestry. I joined in 2019, it was a mess then and is a worse mess today. Disaster! Legacy Tree advertised on their site because Ancestry got their advertising monies. I spent over $2, 350, with Legacy for 20 hours and they got both of my great grandparents wrong. Then they wanted $3, 000 for 20 more hours. Ancestry is deceitful and told me they weren't with them. Now 23andMe is advertising and saying they are with Legacy Tree and now they are saying they aren't. The message system is a mess1
Ancestry is adding layers which makes things more confusing. After waiting for 55 minutes, I'm lucky to talk to a nasty rep and forget about talking to corporate. I hate this whole system. It's corrupt and a SCAM! There's more to [censored] about, but I am sick of it all. It's all a SCAM!!!

AncestryFree trial charged within one day despite 14 day supposed delay

Feb 16 2021
    Ancestry charged two subscriptions to my mastercard (one of which is pending)
    I was trying to open one account on free 14 day TRIAL BASIS
    Despite cancelling subscription on both, to start over from zero, they still charged me

I called Ancestry and they claim they cannot see my credit card number
    Yet on my mastercard I absolutely see the two charges
    I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said it was impossible

Free trial charged within one day despite 14 day supposed delay

Oct 12, 2020

Ancestry — Unauthorized linking to trees / theft of content

Where i'm from taking something that does not belong to you is theft! Allowing "members" to attach other...

Ancestrydna kit

Ancestry always "updating" but still can't tell you an exact country in a region.
      The results change drastically, one day you're German the next you're Italian. Which is it? If you can't give people accurate results, the first or second time, don't waste our time & money! We didn't buy to guess we spent money to know. "Your DNA doesn't change, but our science does"
      Proceeds to change completely
      Ancestry basically tells us the results aren't accurate each time.

Ancestry.comAccounts

On 7/17/20 I apparently opened an an account for $149.00 [protected]. I wanted to reactivate my old acct. It appears that on 05/11/20 I opened another acct. In my effort to straighten my problem out. I have been billed $39.99 a month. I have had an acct. Since 2005 as alicelyons50. It has years worth of work with trees named hover, borker, lyons, alice's multi family. There are also other people's trees that connect. Fredericks. The bill I paid $149 for has a user name of asbl48 but it takes me to my alicelyons50 acct. I believe I used [protected]@yahoo for both accounts but I may have used [protected]@aol.com. Somehow I messed up but I only need 1 acct. The one I have all my work in alicelyons50. Please help!

Jul 21, 2020

Ancestry.com — Family tree maker

To Whom it may concern: (Ancestry) June 25, 2015 I ordered FTM 2014, order number [protected]. I could not...

AncestryCharges for services I didn't order

Ancestry scams people as often as they think they can get away with it. Idid not renew ancestry when my subscription ran out but they put the charges on my credit card anyway. I called the credit card company and had the charge removed. A month later I find more charges on a credit card I had not given them information on. How many times do I have to tell these people I do not want their services? They even went into my favorites column and removed information I had saved from previous ancestry accounts.

• Updated by Janice watt · Jun 17, 2020

Ancestry keeps putting charges on my credit card that I have not agreed to.When I had my card company remove the charges Ancestry found my other credit card which I had never given them information on and put the charges on that one.These people need to be reported to the Better Business Bureau, The Federal trade Commission and office of Atty General for your state.

AncestryCustomer Service - WORST EVER

Customer service should be there to help people and not talk over them and hang up on them when a customer becomes frustrated.

Your customer service is very very sad in this day and age. When I can hear the agent say (in the back ground with his British accent) has anyone talked to an American who said she his pissed off ? And then proceed to hang up.

Good Lord - if I hung up up on every customer who was upset when they call my job I'd #1 be fired!

Ancestry you have a looooooooooong way to go with your customer service!
            Most likely time to go to another company who offers better Customer Service.

Ancestryfamily tree

I joined ancestry about 7 months ago did the dna kit and started my family tree. I was very pleased with the progress on the tree going back as far as the 600 AD with some branches. Then one day about 2 weeks ago I went to the site to work on my tree and 99% of the tree was gone. I immediately call ancestry customer service and explained what had happened. After hours of being switched from many different representatives, they could not give an adequate explanation of what had happened to the tree. They refused to take responsibility for the error in their system and to offer compensation. I am very disappointed at their complete disregard. I would be very interested to know if anyone else ha had this experience.

Ancestrycomplaint

ANC*ANCESTRY.COM has been charging my credit card for two years without my permission. I joined www.ancestry.com about three years ago and I have since cancelled my account but I am still getting charged to my credit card $9.99 each month for this scam ancestry. I want this cancelled today!!! I believe ANC*ANCESTRY.COM is a scam from another country. I enquired before about it being a scam to take money from innocent consumers, like me, however, not one thing is ever resolved on my credit card and/or account. Please make this a priority as I am sure other people are being affected by this also.

Ancestryancestry “free” trial

Signed up for the free trial and this wasn't useful (couldn't locate any ancestors) so stopped using it after 1 day. 1 year later I was going through credit card statements and found I had been charged AU$600 by ‘ANC*ANCESTRY.COM'. Thought this was a scam, and then did some investigation. Turns out my free trial was automatically rolled into a paid service without any notification provided to me - no emails, invoices, receipts or mentions I would be charged.

The website says you have to telephone to cancel or receive refunds. However, it is an American number and I live in Australia. Sent them a message and they wrote back that they could not return the charges they took because it was in their dodgy T&Cs. Avoid at all costs. Do not trust this thieving organisation.

Ancestrydna

Got tired of haveing to up the price for information with this and that price increase. Research DNA companies this one in my opinion is not the best for the money. When you do the test they only tell you relatives in USA. Part of my family come from Canada so they want omore and more money to look up your Canadian relatives. They will keep asking for more and more money. Research DNA compaines the choose the best I made the mistake of using Ancestry.com

Ancestry — linking family members

I won't say that ancestery is a complete scam it does provide you with the basic information about your...

Ancestry — refund

I purchased a dna test for a friend, it was on sale for 69 dollars +shipping, on 10/18/18 in the afternoon...

Ancestryancestry.com membership

I recently purchase an all access 6 month membership from Ancestry for $139.00. That was on 6/26. I went to log in today and I show as no membership. I called customer service and was told that I cancelled my membership on 7/11. (I did not.) I asked if I had cancelled my membership, shouldn't I have received a full refund as it had not been 30 days. The CS was not very knowledgeable and basically told me sometimes you do and sometimes you don't. She put me on hold and came back to tell me she could refund the $139.00 and I could resubscribe at the $199.00 fee. I told her that wasn't really fair as I didn't cancel my service to begin with. I asked if she could just reup me for 6 months and not refund. She put me on hold again and came back and said the same thing - refund $139 and resubscribe for $199. I just told her ok - give me the refund. I won't be resubscribing.

Ancestry — automatic renewal

I am now on hold while a representative cancels the automatic renewal -- something I neither authorized or...

Ancestry — ancestry records

Sick of seeing "can't access records. Try back later" what the hell is going on with them. Ancestry has been...

Cobleskill

Ancestryauto renewal of subscription - no warning that the auto renewal has taken place

I signed up for 6 months with Ancestry.com.au - worldwide access. Instead of my subscription expiring in February 2018 as expected I have just found that it automatically renewed

I did not see any indication that this auto renewal would take place - and I have not used the Ancestry site since February so was unaware that my subscription had renewed until I received yet another unwanted email from Ancestry and I checked my account

Needless to say it seems that they will not refund as I left it too late to cancel my subscription...leaves a bad taste when they can renew without telling me - but I can't get a refund despite not using their service

Ancestry.comrude customer service

Have been a member since 2006 and am a Full Access member. Ordered an additional DNA kit for my mother & was charged full price. Six days later I called to see if I could get a partial refund due to the fact that the DNA kit is now $59. Rep was extremely short and said "no way" and hung up. Six days & she refused to even discuss it with me. Thanks a lot Ancestry.com - you suck!

Ancestryrude customer service

Hello,
                            I purchased a DNA kit for my daughter. she got the results and lost the email and can't access her results. I called customer service just now and the lady I spoke with was extremely rude and unwilling to help me. She said "well we can't help it if our customers choose to delete their accounts." She did not delete her account she simply cleared her cookies on her computer. The lady I spoke with was extremely rude. I asked her if the test results can be tracked by the registration number and she was so rude. She was condescending and was very snotty and insulting. I am extremely upset that I spent $100 on this test and customer service was no help at all. The call didnt even start out nice. the woman was very snotty and crabby right off the bat. I have a paid account and have also ordered a test for another family member. If this is the way I'm going to be treated I'll take my business elsewhere. I'd appreciate someone who is at least willing to try helping resolve this and who is not a rude witch. I apologize for the harsh language but I am extremely upset by the way I've been treated. I want access to the test results or I want a refund and possibly an apology for how I was spoken to. Thank you
                            Cindy L. Barton