Pizza Hut

Posted:

unlawful firing

Emerald City - Pizza Hut
Washington
I have been recently fired at a Pizza Hut chain in Redmond. Only working one week at the store, I had work through breaks and done everything in my power to maintain the quality of the store. This includes doing work without being told, working past hours to tie up loose ends, befriending the employees as well as the consumers. Upon being fired, I was told that "You did not show the initiative and was not upbeat enough at work." I was also told that "Things were just not working out."
Complaint comments Comments (9) Complaint country United States Complaint category Employment, Staffing, Recruiting Agencies

Comments

D  7th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
An employer can let you go for whatever reason they want unless you have a contract.
N  7th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Were you working full time there? Can you file for unemployment?
N  7th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Hey OP, this job didn't work out for whatever reason, but the next one might just work out great and be a better fit. Best of luck finding a better job, onward and upward!!
N  7th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Hey OP, this job didn't work out for whatever reason, but hang in there and just find another, next job might be a better fit. Best of luck to you.
N  7th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Best of luck finding another job OP.
N  9th of Jun, 2011 by     Best Advice +4 Votes
Is it just me Or, does there seem to be some details missing from this story? Always wonder when theres only one-side of the story being told.
N  9th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
My comments would not show up, so I just retyped them, then they show up two days later!!!
N  10th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Thank You Brenda, Cranky likes you, your a smart cookie & a good kid. None of Us can properly conclude what happened here since we are only hearing one side of the story, kinda like there could be a car accident & 5 people could be a witness to it & everybody will see something different, Since none of us were there at the time who really knows what happened? This person says they were a great employee but were they really? maybe they were late for work everyday, they may have been rude to the customers, took very long unscheduled breaks Or, maybe broke so many dishes they cost the company more money than they were worth to have them there.Many yrs.ago I had an employee that I hired & that I scheduled to work Not once did this woman show up Or, work however, she did show up & demand a paycheck for all that work she never showed up to do.
A  30th of Jun, 2011 by    -2 Votes
People that post these comments obviouslly has never worked for Pizza Hut. You are over worked no breaks and treated like trash. He was not a brown noser because if he was he would still be there. Sounds like he was taken advantage of and talked about behind his back. I am still an employee with pizza hut and I totally agree with him/her. Pizza Hut is full of it.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree