Pizza Hut / customer service

1 Pulaski, TN, United States Review updated:

we showed up with 15 people and the buffet was low on pizza. we asked the waitress if she could have some more pizza made. after checking with the manager the answer was "NO". because it was 12:55 pm and the buffet ended at 1:00. the manager didn't even show good people skills to come out and talk with us. just stayed behind the counter and acted as if she was busy. plus the restaurant wasn't busy. from now on we will go somewhere else.

Comments

• Pi
      10th of Jan, 2010

Dear Sir

In the past 11 days, Pizza Hut has sent 3 promotional messages to my iPhone:

30 Dec 50% off
    5 Jan £10 off
    8 Jan 50% off

On the 4th January, I decided to redeem the first offer. It was a snowy, icy night and also the night I brought my first-born child home from hospital, hence the need for a take away! I phoned the Harrogate branch of Pizza Hut, explaining that I had received the offer on my iPhone and that I would like to make a collection as I had just brought my first-born child home from hospital. The lady I spoke to confirmed this was OK and I placed my order.

Upon collection, the female server at the counter refused to apply the 50% discount to my order because I had received the offer on my iPhone. Despite my reassurance that I had confirmed everything when I placed the order, the server still refused to apply the discount; her exact words were "it's not worth my job". I offered to fill out any paperwork, showed the offer to the server and suggested the server photocopy the screen of my iPhone yet she was still unwilling to apply the discount.

Given my personal circumstances that night, I really needed to get back to my wife and child so was left with no option other than purchase the pizza without the discount, although the server also promised to follow up the issue with head office. This leads to a number of questions:

1. Why are Pizza Hut staff not trained in basic customer service skills or given some flexibility to apply common sense? I am sure you would agree that "it's not worth my job" isn't helpful. Why not train your staff to delight and help your customers?

2. Why haven't I heard anything more from head office? At the very least, would it not be sensible to stop sending promotions to my iPhone that Pizza Hut refuse to honour?

3. Please explain why Pizza Hut will not honour promotions they are sending to their customers, especially when the promotions cause customers make make unnecessary car journeys in hazardous conditions.

4. Please arrange for appropriate compensation for the inconvenience caused.

I look forward to your prompt reply.

• Ha
      20th of Feb, 2010

I called the pizza hut at 108, on feb 20th, 2010, at 11:06am. First of all the phone operator should know how to converse well in English. She told me they don't deliver there, and told me to call another pizza hut. When I called back saying that this in your route, that's when the time she put it on her map and took the order.
    I asked for barbeque chicken during the 10dollar any crust anytopping deal. She told me they don't give double toppings!!! She took my credit card no, and she just hung up saying thank you! She dint even have the courtesy to ask if I was done ordering, I wanted extra extra olives and extra mushroom on it! When I called again to ask for the extra toppings, she told me she would have to charge me for extra toppings!!! "That's in the deal god damn it" Then again she cut the phone without giving me the opportunity to ask her in how much time would they deliver!

Really crappy service!

• Li
      6th of Apr, 2010

One issue, though: we have bosses to answer to. If we were to "delight and help" every customer that comes into our store, we would be fired with a capital "F". I'm not saying some CSRs out there aren't rude because they can be, but just remember they can't go above and beyond for everyone because then our jobs are on the line. And quite frankly if I have a choice between making a customer happy and keeping my job so I can continue to support my family, the job will win.

• Ho
      19th of Apr, 2010

We went to Pizza Hut on Sunday hoping to have the buffett. We came in a seated ourselves and the waitress came to get our drink order. I asked if they had the buffett open and she explained that the buffett is now only Mon-Fri. She asked if we were still going to order and I asked for a couple of minutes. The waitress never returned to our table. We waited for at least 20 minutes before giving up and leaving. No one ever came back to our table. There were other families during the time we wasted at Pizza Hut that came in, sat down, and left without anyone ever speaking to them. I would say that I have never seen such poor customer service but I have at this same store. Once before we ordered a stuffed crust pizza, I came to pick it up 30 mins later, I was told that it still had a couple of minutes. After I waited in the store for 10 more minutes I received a call on my cell phone - It was someone calling from Pizza Hut to tell me that they were out of stuff crusts!!! This store is the worst if you are ever visiting Barnesville, GA or if you live here please do not support this store with your money and time.

• Rm
      1st of Jun, 2010

Went to purchase a pizza to go. I watched the workers go out the door to smoke a cigerate, then came back in with out using gloves or washing their hands and handled the pizzas. I also watched the manager and another worker play with their telephone viewing pictures, then without washing their hands, handle the food. Please be advised, no one but one employee is wearing gloves. I also watched and informed the workers and manager at this time of another employee rubbing his head, nose, and coughing while preparing pizzas. I was told that that the employees didn't have to wear gloves because the oven will kill any germs and it was not required for employees to wear gloves. I was told that if I wanted the person that was preparing my pizza to wear gloves, I should informed them when I place my order. I told them that this was my fault, I should have canceled my order, but I got one better, I will just not come back and inform people of my findings. I also told them that if they know that customers are watching them, they should do everything that they can to assure that the customer is satisfied and will return.

• Ru
      10th of Mar, 2011

Pizza Hut ANY SIZE-ANY TOPPINGS Well not in SAVANNAH, Mo. it seems that ever time I call to make an order, they seem to alter the flier, it seems like kourtney-and-cliff can't seem to get there crap together on the Pizza Hut Fliers, In order to get service, you have to GIVE SERVICE!!! This is the worst Pizza Hut that I have ever been to !! I eat out at Pizza Hut all the time and I know there specials, so if you can't get it together then maybe I should drive 10 miles and get what I want, it's not like we have a hugh choice, , russellkoch220@gmail.com Thank You

3rd of Jul, 2012

I WENT A PIZZA HUT IN TARBORO NC, THIS WAS THE MOST NASTY PIZZA HUT I HAVE EVERY DINE IN, THE WAITER WAS NASTY SHE WAS DRINKING HER A DRINK WHILE FIXING OUR DRINKS AND SHE WEHT TO SMOKE AND CAME BACK DID'NT WASH HER HANDS STARTED TO PREPARE OUR HOT WINGS IN A BASKET WITH THOSE HANDS AND LICK HER FINGER TO PICK UP THE PAPER THAT GOES IN THE BASKET. SHE WAS DOING A THOUSAND THING THEY NEED MORE HELP OR SOMETHING I'M ON MY SAFTY COMMENT, , AND I LOOK OUT FOR SAFTY WHEN IT COME TO PEOPLE FOOD. AND I PROMISE YOU THAT I WILL NOT BE GOING THEIR ANYMORE AND I WILL BE TELLING OTHER NOT TO.