Pizza Hut / rude & unacceptable behaviour of staff member

1 UNIT 22, Newport Retail Park, Newport, Gwent NP19 4QQNewport, United Kingdom
Phone: 01633 282272

On 9/oct/08, we being 2 youth workers from bristol city council, took a group of 12 year 9 bme students from fairfield high school for a day trip to a go karting activity in newport. Over the past 3 years we have visited the pizza hut on numerous occassions for meals. On 9/10/08, we encountered an experience that both the staff & young people felt was unacceptable behaviour from a member of the staff team, citing himself as the manager.
A member of the staffing, taking orders, asked us, when ordering our pizzas, "how old are the young people?". At this point, she informed us that if they are 12 or under, they can purchase the children buffet. To which I replied, as far as I am aware they are year 9 students as from september 08. To my knowledge most of the students ages were around 12/13. The woman taking the order proceeded to order childrens buffet. To my, & other guests surprise, this man in a very abnoxious manner told me that these black students "looks 15 to 16 years old". At this point I challenged his opinion & told him the facts about the young people, which he did not accept & to my surprise told us to leave the premises. We refused & I told him to charge the group adult rates & I will be making a formal complaint to you. We want an apology, particularary for the young people, who felt the treatment was grossly unfair. We have informed our respective authouities namely, bristol city council & the education authorities about the issues. Until further notice we will not be using pizza hut again.
Ras c mudada