Passport Office - Pune / Delayed passport issuance

1 India Review updated:

My wife applied for passport on 4th july 2007 in pune passport office. We were misguided by people about tatkal scheme as nobody knew exact rules. So we applied normal. They said it would take 45 days. But after 45 days the status of passport remained-'police verification pending'. So my wife herself took police verification form and got it filled from local police station, got it signed from commissioner of police, and insured that this document reached passport office (16th july). Then she met p. O. Mr vijay kumar. He said he will issue passport within 10 days, an no need for paying tatkaal fees. So we waited. After 10 days wife met po every week begging for passport. He was rude and threatened not to visit him again else would never issue passport. Its been 45 days since then. We are still waiting. When checked online, it was supposed to be dispatched on 7th sept. Now it says 'due to unavoidable circumstances, its delayed and now will be dispatched in weeks time. Its been 3 weeks since then. Due to the delay, i lost my daughter's one academic year as her admission abroad stood cancelled. My wife's job got cancelled, which she had got here. We are afraid to visit po again as he would threaten us further.

More Passport Office - Pune Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ab
      9th of Oct, 2007

I am also facing the same problem. My wifes passport was supposed to be despatched on 25th Aug. Then it strated with within's a week time. Now it's 7th week!

10th of Oct, 2007

Did you file complain under RTI ? It works. Here are the details for RTI application:

Shri S.K. Menon

11th of Oct, 2007

Please, reply!

• Oj
      7th of Nov, 2007

The Ugandan passport office local workers are bad!

• Oj
      7th of Nov, 2007

My brother Denis Ojhara was born in Britain in 1981, in Clifton hospital, he applied for a passport, he paid them even the required money and he was given a receipt, then they told him to wait for a couple of weeks which took 5 month and then they refunded back the receipt money and told him that he couldn't be given a passport!

15th of Nov, 2007

I had faced same problem with passport office. The counter persons actually do not know how much time of people they are wasting due to their inefficiency. They do not have sufficient staff is actually their headache. All the time a particular lady sitting at Counter No. 7, do not know anything about the job she is doing. For minor passport, all documents and procedures , I have completed. She checked the birth certificate when I went their for 3rd time and that time it was OK. Again she called up for 4th time and that time the birth certificate was not OK. Now she wants a letter from a school on their letterhead saying that this child is learning in this school.

Is this a way of behavior.Why all this info is not kept of website to save their and other's time.

Pune Passport office is a very bad servicing.

• Vi
      29th of Nov, 2007

I am also facing same issue.

I have mailed to RPO SK Menon but of no issue. Also no one picks up the phone.

2nd of Jan, 2008

I have applied for the passport . The status on your site shows 'police report has not been received'.

I checked at the local police station and got their confermation that the police documents for subject file no have already been submitted on 15/12/2007. The outward number given by them is 233.

Kindly update the current status to me as if the required documents are not received by you I cmay follow-up with the concern personnel.

Anticipating a earliest response from your end. Thanking you in advance.

• Ab
      5th of Jan, 2008

I am working in Multinational Company as a Software Developer. My current Age is 21.May be I have a opportunity to go abroad for Company projects in next year. So, Should I have a passport? Pls guide me. I am beginner in this matter.

• Ni
      28th of Apr, 2008

My self Nitin and I have applied for passport last two months. When checked online, it was supposed to be dispatched on 21stApril. Then after 27th april again i have checked it becomes dispatched on 8th May date will be displayed.
    But I will be travel on 2nd may for my job related duty through onsite. So what can I do?

• Sh
      13th of May, 2008

Date 06.05.2008

Dear Sir,

My daughter and son had applied for their passport renewal after 10 years. Since march 2008 they were visiting your pune office and after 4-5 times standing in the que their application was initially accepted and then again rejected and asked for on line booking for TATKAL delivery. pl note that i have kept these accepted papers and they are with me, which i can submit to you any time.
    After applying like this again they made us to visit their office 4 times keeping standing for 4-5 hours and at last by the grace of the god they accepted the papers and money for TATKAL delivery.This time they told us that the passports shall be dispatched within 4 days asper the passport law.
    When after 5days the passports were not recd. they found from the net that they should approach Police for getting the verification done. In fact your officers should have asked us to do these things before accepting the passport papers.
    Now even the verification was done and the papers were send to your office on 28th of April we are getting the same message for approaching the Police.
    My children were shocked when one of the agent out of 5 always available there for passport work approached them and was prepared to get the work done within 24 hours for the cost of only Rs. 3000/- per passport.
    We have booked for a tour and if we do not get the passports in time either we shall be forced to pay the agent or cancel the tour which shall cost me a loss of Rs. 50000/-
    I request your advice in this matter ASAP as the passports must be submitted before 10th of May for visa.
    File nos. Miss Radhika Talathi B 006129 Mr. Amogh Talathi B 006130

Cc: propg@mea.gov.in
    Date: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Date 10.05.2008

Dear Sir,

With reference to my previous mails your status site is asking to meet SP of our area and Police now says that the have not recd. the file no. B006130 Amogh Shirish Talathi. As per your web site you should deliver the passport with in three working days AFTER ACCEPTING THE PAPERS AND MONEY FOR TATKAL PASSPORT. Please note that if my son can not go for the planned tour in addition to the financial loss his vacation shall be spoiled and YOU SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS. My son had visited your office for at least 10 times and till today the renewal of his passport is in DARK.
    Do you think that i should have paid the agents sitting outside of your office and get the job done? and now if i approach him he shall demand more money as i am in badly need.

I hope that you can understand my problem and help me. Please do not neglect this mail like my all previous emails.

orwarded Message: Delay in passport delivery

To: rpo.pune@mea.gov.in
    Cc: propg@mea.gov.in
    Date: Tuesday, May 13, 2008, 9:25 PM
    Dear Sir,

Today my son went to Passport office and met asst.passport officer. He gave a set of verification form to him and asked to get it approved from Police station. The police station person refused to help in this matter. He again went to passport office but unfortunately the concerned officer was not ready to listen and understand the problem.My son was running between the two offices for whole day and nothing happened. Your office says that you have send the file to Police on 28th of April, Police says that they have not recd. it. you are not prepared to give him the details of dispatch also.Please let me know how his can be solved? My son had paid the money on 15th of April 2008 for TATKAL delivery. After paying to passport office we had planned a tour to China and paid for the same to SOTC for four people. If we do not get the passport before 17th of May for visa we shall be forced to cancel the trip and more over there shall be loss of a big amount for three.Pl note that we are not criminals and we have not even broken any rule of traffic also.We are staying in pune since 1950 and this is a simple case of renewal of passport after 10 years. I again request you to help me in this matter and issue the passport of my son before 16th May 2008 i.e. at least in THIRTY DAYS INSTEAD OF THREE.

Pl let me know whether I can get all the details under the right of getting the information?
    Regards,

5th of Sep, 2008

Sir,

I am awaiting my Passport from Last 4 months.I have received the same reply of Passport is granted & will be dispatched from 26/08/08 date and 08/09/08 if all document are cleared.

Pl do the needfull to receive the passport at earliest.

• Ne
      15th of Sep, 2008

The employees of the Pune Passport office talk very arrogantly as if they are doing some mercy on us by checking & collecting the applications.
    Are they really educated enough to check the documents.
    Poor people like us have to make rounds & rounds to passport office & criminals get it FAST.

• Ni
      18th of Aug, 2009

I have query regarding Tatkal scheme.
    Is it really mandatory to submit ANNEXTURE F along with ANNEXTURE I if I have ration card, my Post graduate leaving certificate for birth date proof, pan card, Bank passbook, driving lic., form16, electricity/phone bills???

• Vi
      11th of Nov, 2009

I have not received my Passport till today. I've applied for my passport on 15th July 09, it's being more then 3 months for waiting to the same. This is second time where I'm mailing you for my update. The provided phone numbers on the website are not at all responding. It has been 2 months passed by attending Local Police verification. Let me know how much time it is going to take to receive.
    Please help me regarding this and possibly prioritize to solve this issue.
    Kindly do the needful.

Full Name : Vivek Vitthal Konde.
    Referance No. : D00837409
    Date Applied : 07/15/2009

• Um
      9th of Jan, 2010

i m umarfaruk abbas manguli my PNE-D009210-09. still i have not receiver my passpost .in syaus form "poloce report not received is dispaly" plz tell me wht i do my mail id:-umarmanguli@gmail.com

20th of Jul, 2011

In pune Passport office lots of agents are working and behaving like they are owner of Passport Office. Mr. Desai (Passport Officer) is a ### corrupt officer in that office.

• Na
      15th of Mar, 2012

OUTSIDE INDIA THE EMBASSIES RENEW PASSPORT WITHIN 24 HOURS WHILE IN OUR OWN COUNTRY IT TAKES MONTHS.WILL THE HOME MINISTER LOOK INTO THIS MATER. WE RECEIVE SMS FROM POLICE COMMISIONER'S OFFICE THAT DO NOT BRIBE ANY CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE. WHY DON'T THEY SEND DUMMY CLIENT TO THEIR OWN DEPARTMENT AND FIND THE TRUTH. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT POLICE DEPARTMENT FORWARD THE PASSPORT VERFICATION PAPERS WITHOUT RS 200 - 500.

• Yo
      9th of May, 2012

My wife applied for passport 2 months back, but application reach to Pune Passport office on 26th March 2012, its nearly 45 days after application there but still showing "Police report not received", Due tu this I traveled alone to US as my travel date was fixed and I was in the assumption that my wife will get passport within 45 days and Visa processing will take 10 - 20 days, But I dont know when she will get passport even after Police asked bribe for it and we given as we dont have any option . Please suggest how I can get passport ASAP ?

13th of Sep, 2012

To,
    dear sir/ madam,
    compliant against passport oFFice pune. my name is jadhavji d. thakkar. i submitted the application on 08/05/2012. police verfication also done. my file no. is [PUN-Z323142-16/07/1954] . online information is file no is wrong either or information not avaliable. plz sent my passport as soon as possible.i also call to ur passport office but contact no. is ring.plz repaly me as soon as possbile.
    thanking you