Having problems with Passport Office?

Complaints & Reviews

Regional Passport Office HyderabadPassport is not issued

Dear Sir,

My name is Mohd Saleem and I working in Saudi Arabia as a Software Engineer, my family came to India with me on 26th January 2011 and God blessed me a Son. I have submitted my son MOHAMMED OBAID passport(file no HYD-Z350456-11 ) personally at hyderabad regional passport office on 08th March 2011 and came back to Saudi Arabia on 9th March. Police verification is additionally completed in April.Now(for almost from the past one month) the status is showing as ''It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time''.I afraid that my family Visa will expire, If this process keep on delay like that. I tried to reach the enquiry no's but nobody attended it. Could you please look into this and do the needful.

Name : MOHAMMED OBAID
Date of Birth : 22-02-2011
File No. : HYD-Z350456-11
Application Date : 08th March 2011

Will appreciate if my problem is heard and addressed through your forum.

Regards,
Mohd Saleem.
Contact number: +[protected]

• So
      Sofia Naaz Nov 14, 2011

Hello Sir,
      This is Sofia Naaz w/o Mohammed Munawar Ali. I applied for the passport. My file no. HYD-H020672-11 on 20-07-2011.
      Sir, constable came for enquiry. He told me to summits before marriage residence address. I summated address form in Regional Passport Office, Secunderabad and again other constable came for that address for enquires. I met with him and show all document. He told me, ok but I am seeing online status for my passport, it showing as below.

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

File Reference Number : HYD-H020672-11 Application Date : 20-07-2011
      Applicant's Name : SOFIA NAAZ Applicant's Date of Birth : 06-10-1992

STATUS :

Police Report has not been received.

GRIEVANCE: Home

Sir, please tell me when I’ll get my passport. And please take action as soon as possible, I hope that you will Reply for my email.
      Thanking you,

Best regards
      Sofia Naaz,
      File No.HYD-H020672-11

Passport Office BhopalPassport not recieved

Respected Sir/Ma'am

I applied for reissue of my passport on 28th march 2011. I completed all the formalities and verified all my documents.I was told that I would recieve my passport within 20 days; but never recieved it. Then I approached the passport officer Smt L.K.Waghela on 20th april 2011 and told her that I urgently needed my passport as I had my GRE on 27th April. She called my file and crosschecked it and it was all ok. She promised me that I would recieve my passport before April 26 2011 but again I didn't recieved. As she promised me to give my passport before 26 April 2011 I haven't rescheduled my examination which has to be rescheduled 3 days prior the exam.
    Now my case stands that if I don't recieve my passport I wouldn't be able to give my exam and my test fee of 190$ would be forfieted. Its my humble request to you to look after this matter as it happened to me today but tomarrow it can happen with you or any of your relative.

Thankyou

Your's Sincerly
    Prateek Gurjar
    File Ref no- BPLN00008611
    Mobile- +[protected]
    email- [protected]@gmail.com

Prateek Gurjar Apr 25, 2011

Respected Sir/Ma'am

I applied for reissue of my passport on 28th march 2011. I completed all the formalities and verified all my documents.I was told that I would recieve my passport within 20 days but recieved it. Then I approached the passport officer Smt L.K.Waghela on 20th april 2011 and told her that I urgently needed my passport as I had my GRE on 27th April. She called my file and crosschecked it and it was all ok. She promised me that I would recieve my passport before April 26 2011 but again I didn't recieved. As she promised me to give my passport before 26 April 2011 I haven't rescheduled my examination which has to be rescheduled 3 days prior the exam.

Thankyou

Your's Sincerly
        Prateek Gurjar
        File Ref no- BPLN00008611
        Mobile- +[protected]
        email- [protected]@gmail.com

regional passport office,hyderabadPolice Clearance Certificate

I have submitted my passport at hyderabad office on 8-2-2011 for police clearance certificate file no HYD-M004985-11 and always I have received online status `police verification has not been received`.i am in touch with the Police enquiry officer who has informed me that he has sent it on 12-03-2011.
      Hence request sir to kindly follow up for speedy work as my mother is not feeling well and i need to travel to dubai urgently

Thanking You
      With Regards

Kevin Tom George
      kevintg.[protected]@gmail.com
      [protected]

• Di
          Div123 May 19, 2011

I have submitted my passport for renewal on the 14th feb 2011 ...police verification happened on 3rd April 2011 from then the online status is showing police report has not been received today is the 19th May 2011...
          Transaction no :MCP002197893...

• Mu
          murali .p Jul 07, 2011

I have applied for my passport on 17-02-2011. And police verification is also happend and cleared with the file number;HYD-Z850243-11. In the online status I recevied that" it will dispatch in a week`s time" like this it is showing for the last 2 and half months .Actually I don`t know when it will dispatch. I got job recently in one of the MNC company. But, if Iam not produce the passport in the office in this month (july 2011), then i have to face some critical problems. so please let me know when the passport will dispatch and do the needfull.

Thanking you
          With Regards
          murali.p
          [protected]@gmail.com

• Ah
          Ahmed Sayeed Binmahfooz Jun 10, 2012

I have applied for police clearance certificate on [protected] since that onwards am follow up but nobody give me assurance when it will complete the process and i need urgently and my profession is employee and my new employer are waiting for further process and he gave me deadline for finalise all my internal country formalaties.And as you know that particular Europe companies are working on stream design line for accomplish the target, But they don't know how our government machinery working but any how i need urgently my P.C.C .So please do me favour to explore my career for save my time and job.

Regional Passport Office HyderabadPassport dispatch

Sir,

I have applied for the passport in the month of October 2010

and still I haven't received my passport .I tried to inquire from

the sources but that was of no use .I need my passport very

badly .

To summarize you, my police verification was done long back

and same was approved by the authorities .Lastly, from the

website of http://www.ap.nic.in/passport/, I used to get

response that "It is to regret that due to unavoidable

circumstances the despatch of Passport has been delayed and

will now be despatched in a week's time "

Please help me to resolve the issue at the earliest.
        Below are the necessary details :
        File Reference Number : HYD-Z705147-10

I FULLY DISAGREE WITH THIS STATUS, POLICE REPORT WAS SENT ON 20-06-11 LRNO, 442
            STILL I AM GETTING THE STATUS, UNDER DESPATCH,
            HOW SIMPLY REGRET THEMSELF, PLS UNDER STAND DEPTH OF THE WORTH,
            GANESH GUPTA, [protected]@rediffmail.com

passport office jaipurdeley in Police verification

Dear Sir,

This is Vaibhav Singh applied for the PassPort in Rajasthan, Reference No: JPRA00956711 on dt. 9/03/11.
          I hav been waiting for the Police verification for the past 25 days, and there is
          no verification done till now and i hav checked the status in the internet "Police Verification Report not yet received".
          so, how can i know the exact status where my application is ?

Sir, Please help me out to know the status of my application, whether it has been sent for police verification or
          at whose end it is pending.

Name : Vaibhav Singh
          Father's Name : Satyaveer singh
          Mother's Name : Smt. Munni devi
          Date of Birth : 12/06/1987.
          Application File Reference No : JPRA00956711
          Date of Application applied :9/03/11

Please mail me to this mail id : vaibhav.[protected]@hotmail.co.in
          Mobile Number : [protected]

Regards
          Vaibhav Singh

anu gupta Nov 01, 2011

i had submitted my passport application on [protected] from my universities post office but till now no police inquiry has been done.
              so i request the authority for take some steps.As i m a student and my university is much far from passport office Jaipur so i m not able to go their.So i want to know the reason of such delay.

Regional Passport Office HyderabadPASSPORT STATUS passport was ready

Respected Sir/Madam,
            My daughter has applied for the passport on 11th Jan 2011 under Tatkal. The Acknowledgement says the despatch date as 19th Jan 2011. The passport status summary says, "Passport was ready on 19-01-2011" since two months from now.
            When we went to Regional Passport for status enquiry, the enquiry staff has not been responsive. The passport status is last updated on 25th Mar 2011.
            Even I have sent SMS and also tried calling to the numbers provided in the official website but there are no responses.
            Hence, request to resolve this issue at the earliest.
            Details:
            Name: GEETANJALI PENDYALA
            File#: HYDC000785-11
            Application Date: 11-01-2011

• Ku
                kuruva siva Jan 25, 2012

same problem with me.. same status for me to.. it says passport was redy on 24-10-2011. its almost 3months but no reply from them. anyone please suggest me what to do. am in badly nedd of passport its urgent please help me

Chennai Regional Passport OfficePassport issue File No: MASB00436211

Dear Sir,

I had applied for my passport on February 4th, 2011 through TATKAL passport scheme. I opted for this scheme only because of the fact that I would receive my passport within a week. I was continuously checking for my passport application status online and after 2 weeks I got the following status message “Objection Raised. Contact-DPO-APO Passport Office with all original documents” . After receiving this message I went to meet the PGO(Chennai branch) and submitted copies of my original documents on February 28th, 2011. It has been a week since I submitted those documents but the status of my application has not changed till date.

I request you to kindly look into this matter and provide a speedy resolution to this issue. I would really appreciate your help because I require my passport urgently. Awaiting a positive response.

Passport issue File No: MASB00436211

RaamMeduri May 16, 2011

It is the same case with my passport too. Did you receive your passport now?
                  What are the documents we need to submit again?
                  Pls let me know. These guys are trying to make money through this Tatkal scheme.

RaamMeduri May 16, 2011

Dear Sir,

I had applied for re-issue of my passport on 3rd March, 2011 through TATKAL passport scheme. I opted for this scheme only because I require it urgently and of the fact that I would receive my passport within a week.
                  I was continuously checking for my passport application status online but there was no update on this even a month after the police verification is done. I finally went to the passport and on enquiry I was asked to submit 2 photographs and I immediately submitted and I was waiting for another 3 weeks and again went for enquiry and they asked me to submit the photographs and again I did. But till now I didnt receive my passport.

Today I check the online status of my passport and it shows
                  "Objection Raised. Contact-DPO-APO Passport Office with all original documents"

Already all the original document copies are submitted without any mismatch and I'm not sure why this kind of pending from the Passport office.

Name : SUBRAMANYA RAVI RAM MEDURI
                  File Ref. No. : MASV00159611
                  Application Date : 03/03/2011

vaness786 Jun 11, 2011

hello
                  have you received your passport?

vaness786 Jun 11, 2011

I didn't received my passport as well. India will not change.(no mail no phone)

• Dm
                  DMR12 Jun 21, 2011

My status on passport is also same. Application date 14th March 2011. Submitted twice 3 photos - on 16May and 7th June. Have u received your passport?

vasagam Jun 27, 2011

i had applied on 2009 oct, first my status is police verificationnot recived, second apply a new police verification form, third (now)Objection Raised: Contact Passport Office with all original documents.
                  i got vexed...

• Sr
                  S.R.K Aug 12, 2011

Have you got your passport atleast now?

Ram Meduri May 06, 2012

after a great struggle for 4months and a continuous follow up I got the passport. But now I heard the process has become a little fast and few of my friends have got the passport very soon. Lucky guys they are!
                  anyway thanks to the authority for the speedy process.

• Vi
                  vishal s r Apr 10, 2013

Respected Sir,
                  PASSPORT APPLICATION NUMBER: MA06Z1020246012
                  DATE OF BIRTH:15-05-1991
                  I am S.R.VISHAL from Tiruvannamalai.I applied for passport on 25th of October 2012.My police verification got completed one month later and the report was sent to your Regional passport office chennai on 7th of December 2012 by the concerned police officer.Still after Four months also I didn't get my passport.My passport status in online shows that police verification report is still under review in your office.Please kindly tell me sir, if there is any problem in approving the police verification report.If any what are all the documents I should carry and come to your office to clear the issue.kindly help me sir.

passport office hyderabadcomplaint about mistakes in passport

DEAR SIR,
                i am one of the citizen lived in hyderabad applied for passport in 2010 i got the passport with a mistake in my name so
                i can pay 1000 Rs again for new passport in this passport status checks in internet there is a wrongly mensioned my name and surname.
                SURNAME NAME like this .
                so when i move ask the authorities of Regional passport office hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh they showted me and doesnt give the proper information to me, they said irresponsibly come u r new passport if mistake pay the money take another this is the procedure they can follow
                so many people face the same problem hyderabad office, because of old and irresponsible officers and few of them there will be a problem facing every one and also timings for enquiry is too short they comes 10 am closes 1:00 pm is too short .
                change the rules and regulations of timings and people
                and IRRESPONSIBLE ANSWERS give to the people with out proper details they can take the fine
                As per my knowledge is there any mistake done by people in passport pay 1000 Rs for correction if mistake is Govt officers we pay 300 Rs
                only they can not show the mistake is of me or us just take the 1000Rs when we ask a SCAN COPY
                they showted me pay 1000Rs and go

THIS TYPE OF SITUATION PEOPLE FACE IN HYDERABAD SO PLEASE TAKE AN ACTION.

Regional Passport Office HyderabadDespatch of passport is delayed

Respected Sir/Madam,
                  My wife has applied for the passport on 12th Jan 2011 under Tatkal. The Acknowledgement says the despatch date as 20th Jan 2011. Police verification was done on 25th Jan 2011 and as per the records from the Cyberabad commissionrate, the police report was despatched on 3rd Feb 2011. The passport status summary says, "Passport is ready on 20th Jan 2011" since a month from now.
                  When we went to Regional Passport for status enquiry, the enquiry staff has shown up a rude behavior towards my wife while she was asking for her passport enquiry. As our Government of India says "Respect woman" but that was never followed. The passport status is last updated on 2nd Mar 2011. You can view that in the attachment.
                  Even I have sent some mails to the "rpo.[protected]@mea.gov.in" and also tried calling to the numbers provided in the official website but there are no responses.
                  Hence, request to resolve this issue at the earliest.
                  Details:
                  Name: Vineela Chilukuri
                  File#: HYDF00123811
                  Application Date: 12-01-2011

mazher mehdi May 01, 2011

i had applied for the passport on 25 jan. Police verification was completed on 3 feb.My file number is HYD-Z350161. On checking the status of my passport on the RPO website it displays the message as:- due to unavoidable circumstance the despatch of passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a weeks time. I request the RPO authorities concerned to look into the matter and despatch the passport immediately.

• Vl
                      v.lalita Jun 08, 2011

respected sir.
                      my child mv bhanu prakash applied for the passsport in the monthof jan11 of 2011 now today 7june he got and in that in mothers name coloumn is there they typed his fathers name so his father immediately went to hyderabad there again filled the application form and they charged 1000rs for that what is this all this is their mistake we showed the proof they also agreed that is their mistake now they are saying you will get by post after one month see how our indian people are like that now can you tell me is this a correct thing my child is facing mental tension and his mother is in dubai when he will join school will you consider in this case immediately or not really it is to shame on our government
                      regards please issue the passport atleast after a week it is just only correction

v.lalita
                      vijayawada

• Ba
                      B.AMARASIMHA REDDY Jul 16, 2011

i had applied for the passport on 03/02/2011. Police verification was completed .My file number is HYD-H003788-11. On checking the status of my passport on the RPO website it displays the message as:- due to unavoidable circumstance the despatch of passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a weeks time. I request the RPO authorities concerned to look into the matter and despatch the passport immediately.
                      B.AMARASIMHA REDDY
                      CHINNAYAPALLI[VI]
                      KADAPA[DIST].
                      [protected]

• Or
                      orange6raghu Aug 16, 2011

Dear sir,

I am V DURGA RAGHU RAM SANKA, applied for passport on 17/6/2009. Holding the reference number A303152 . And the police verification is done and the passport has been allotted, but the passport is not yet delivered. I came all the way to hyderabad more than 10 times and finally found that some thing went wrong in the passport writting section. Please get the status of my passport.

• La
                      Lakshmikotaiah Aug 23, 2011

Respected sir,

I am Lakshmi kotaiah Duggempudi applied for passport on 08-07-2011 and my application reference no is HYD-Z606544. The police verification was done and online status is showing passport is expected to be dispatched by 23-08-2011, I prepared for GRE but due to the pending of my passport I was not able to wrinte the exam kindly update my status report and dispatch my passport as early as possible..

Name: Lakshmi kotaiah duggempudi
                      File no: HYD-Z606544
                      Ph no:[protected]

• Ka
                      kamal kr Gangopadhyay Oct 29, 2011

I have applied for my passport along with my wife on 25th july 20011.Police verification was done on my residence on 24th august.
                      It was written in the web that passport will be delivered within 12th october 2011. But on 18th oct 2011 web was updated and written passport will be delivered within one week. Today is 28th oct.2011. NO INFORMATION YET.I need my passport immediately to visit Australia to see my daughter.
                      Kamal kr. Gangopadhyay.File no:HYDH021111-11
                      Swarnali Gangopadhyay.File no:HYDH021102-11

anjana prasad Oct 30, 2011

these governament employes all are waste fellows and lazy BUFELLOWS.

anjana prasad Oct 30, 2011

all are govt employs are like lazy buffellows

passport office hyderabadpassport Renewal delay

To
                    Public Relations officer(P.R.0)
                    Regional passport office
                    Hyderabad.

Subject : Undue delay in my passport renewal.

Respected Sir,

I APPLIED for Renewal of passport file no. HYD-L003501-10 on June 9, 2010 and clear police report sent to RPO on Nov. 19, 2010 (Outward No. 2125, Serial No. 6) and i attended PASSPORT ADALAT on feb. 5, 2011 (Counter no.6) in Hyderabad RPO office to which they gave assurance that my passport will be despatched within 10 days . The passport ADALAT is a useless as it did not do anyting till today in my case and Till today i did not receive my passport. After that Several efforts made by me to meet PRO in the RPO office, Hyderabad gone
                    in vain. It is nearly 9(Nine) months after the application submitted i did not receive my renewed passport . The RPO website from the past 3 months shows that "It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of passport has been delayed and will now be despatch within a week's time" I don't know when that RPO week ends?

Hence, i request PRO to send my passport immediately without any further delay as i need my renewed passport urgently
                    for overseas visit as the company wants me to come in within 15 days from today.

Thanking you,
                    Hasan Mohiuddin Mohammed.

passport office puneToo much money for paid Parking

I have applied for passport in passport office in pune . When the case is forwarded to police station for verification they are putting the list of documents to be submitted there for verification. I have submitted all the documents i.e. as proof of address current SBI account passbook with aprox. 10 pages statments, gas connection book xerox, Liscence from RTO office ( Tree residential proofs) but they don't consider what i have submitted. They only ask for the docs those are not there. This is not fair.Hopeless system. I have seen a lady walking out from the verification office and was crying because officer has force them to bring the new type of document each time they visit to the verification office. What is this? you are paid for whatever duties you are doing. now i want to tell you how the verification officer behave when they come for verification at your resident. They come in undress and some delay to attend them can create a lot many problems for getting passport. They dont tell that they have come from passport office so that one should make a mistake to attend them. How we can attend them unless to know who they are? Their behavior is suspicious to grab money from the applicant because of mistake not to attend them on time.
                      Also the second thing is that paid parking i not affordable by anyone ...Rs 5 for one hour in Passport Office Pune. If you plan to go in Passport Office for any reason put atleast 20 rupees extra in your pocket.

Passport OfficePCC

My file No. HYD-M04899510
                        Applicant Name - Swathi Bekkera

I would like to bring to your kind attention that I have submitted my PCC application on 2nd December 2010 and police enquiry has already been done.
                        I need this report as I have to travel to Belgium.
                        But there is no progress about my PCC.
                        Could you please make it fast as I need it very urgently.

Expecting your co-operation and support

Yours Sincerely,
                        Swathi Bekkera.

Rathina Apr 19, 2011

Personal Particulars form - File Reference Number: A02478509 - Application Date: 30/12/09 - Applicant's Name: VIDJEALATCHOUMY - Applicant's Gender: Female - Place of Birth: PONDICHERRY - Applicant's Date of Birth: 12/10/76.
                            -----
                            It has been ONE YEAR and FOUR MONTHS (i.e. 476 days from the date of application) when I applied for passport in Dec'09 but till so far we have not received my passport. Reference to the application for fresh passport for my wife, Vidjealatchoumy vide File Reference No. A02478509 dated 30th December 2009. I would like to submit the true facts for your kind consideration and necessary action. With reference to the online Passport status, She was asked to resubmit the Proof of address.

Police verification was done on 06/Feb/2010, 20/Feb/2010 and on 21/Feb/2010. Reverification was done on 08/June/2010 and 10/June/2010 due to address proof. As per Madiwala Police record the final report was send to Commissioner office on 17/June/2010. I personnally verified on 18/June/2010 at Madiwala PS through Mr. Eswarappa Ruli and Mr Basha.

I have posted a letter on 14/May/2010 with all copies of necessary address proofs and 3 PP Form. She has also approached Superintendent (Enquiry) on 31/May/2010 but not success. Subsequently, the Office of the RPO, Bangalore vide their letter dated 31/May/2010 requested for personal particulars form, which was submitted to the PRO personally on 01/July/2010. Once again She approached RPO, Bangalore on 12/July/2010, as per the email reply from Mr. Jayaram, ACP Madivala Sub Division Office, stated with Police Commissioner office Sl. No. 19 and G.R. No. 230/10 (Good Report Number) dt. 22/6/2010, but enquiry office does not allowed us to meet Passport Officer. On the other hand Pondicherry Regional Passport Office, verified parament address proof on 11/June/2010. And everytime we've approached we've been asked to submit address proof and a letter from local bank (as address proof) again. On 30/March 2011, I have submitted all copies of proof and paid Rs. 5, 000/-- and received a receipt from RPO, Bangalore. Its now ONE YEAR and FOUR MONTHS (i.e. 476 days from the date of application). I have no idea how long it is going to take.

Could you possibly assist, and if so, could you explain what I am possibly doing wrong, If so, please escalate this request to appropriate person. Kindly help us in getting a passport for her at the earliest and please feel free to contact me on [protected].

Sabapathy

mumbai passport officedelay for new passport

Hi,

I had submitted my passport application form on 26th OCT, 2010 at Mumbai Passport office. After few (5-10) days of submission of application form, the police verification has been done and its has done one month back but when I checked my passport status at mumbai passport office website and fount status as: "Police Report is incomplete it is being examined". while Police verification at my local police station have completed and report have sent back to worli office with all details.

File Reference Number : B- [protected].

I went to worli passport office so many times, but no response. It still showing passport status is same as:"Police Report is incomplete it is being examined"

Please help me in getting my passport.

please do the needfull it very urgent

Thanks and Regards,
                          Roshani.shaikh
                          mob: [protected]
                          email: Roshni.[protected]@fisglobal.com

rajSING Sep 12, 2011

ths is the fake passport chk it...h7957970

• Am
                              Amit shetty Oct 13, 2011

hi my name is Amit Shetty and i have given my application last year for new passport the corrupted police has sent back my report thrice in spite of having all detail information i am losing hope towards government please help me i have missed many opportunity because of my local police station please help me.
                              ( file no- A25869 )
                              ( Email id- [protected]@gmail.com)

thanking you,
                              yours truly,

Mr Amit Shyam Shetty.

• Ne
                              nemisis Jan 04, 2012

SO my passport(expiry in 2014) had only 3 blank pages left and I needed 3-4 visas for my 3 month trip. Hence decided to get a new booklet-
                              This happened between 17/8/11 and 20/9/11(1 month period). I was suppose to fly out on 22/9/11.

Day 1-Went to CID office to submit application. Submission failed because they required overseas address and visa proof.

Day 2- CID office application submitted

Day 3- Went to old passport office to apply for tatkal, application had not reached/not in system so was told to come on after 3 days

Day 4- Old passport office tatkal application accepted, verification date given for cabin no. 6

Day 5- Went for tatkal verification to cabin no.6. Sat for 35 mins before peon took receipt. Couldn’t find for 1.5 hrs, personally went up but was refused entry. Went down and sat for another 20 mins... went up again, entered without asking and asked for z category files. Madam sitting there took reference number and said to wait for some time. Waited another 35 mins. Went up again, said file COULD be in cabin no 4. Went to see madam in cabin 4. She said she approved it long time ago. Went up again... sent to another department on same floor. After 20 mins they concluded file could be in cabin no.2. Went with assistant there and he found the file there. Made me wait outside cabin no.2. After going in officer1 says I need a letter from VC issuing government official stating his position is equivalent to under-secretary and between a certain salary gap and my work will be done. Left passport office at 4 pm.
                              NOTE: my brother’s application was passed with the same set of papers I had but I needed the extra letter. I met 2 different officers in cabin no.2 on different days. Officer1 and officer2.

Day 6- Got letter from government official and went straight to cabin 2. After waiting in line officer2 says I should get my file via his assistant and go out and wait. I go out and give his assistant receipt to get file from cabin no2. We go in, officer2 says u need to see the officer in cabin no. 2a. Got sent to cabin no. 2a. There the sitting officer says that he has done everything and I need a letter from VC issuing government official. I showed him the new letter, so I was sent back to cabin no. 2. officer2 sitting there says the letter does not state that VC issuing government official is UPSC selected and government civil servant.(DUH! He became an officer only after he got selected by UPSC and if he is an officer selected by UPSC in THAT position OFCOURSE he is a civil servant of Government.) I call up VC issuing government official on his mobile and confirm. Cabin no.2 officer2 says NO I want it in writing and not hear it from the person concerned via phone.

In the meantime local police come to my house for verification in the evening(not for tatkal).

Day 7- (ganesh chatoorti) I go to my local police station for proof of verification and get it done.

Day 8- Got a new letter stating everything from VC issuing government official so that finally my application is passed and I can get a dispatch date. Went straight to cabin no.2. Stood in line. One man had an argument with the policeman outside Regional Passport Officer’s(main guy) office. Policeman physically pushed the man some 10 meters and then after an argument insulted him in front of everyone. All people standing in-line outside cabin no3 started retaliating and cursing the policeman. Another man who had just come from America stared shouting for the policeman to be removed from office and cursing loudly. Policeman called for backup. All of them took the man concerned and man from America down, to take to nearby police station. In the meantime everyone starts discussing this. One man says there should be a complaint against the policeman. A teenager says not much can be done. I back up the teenager in saying it has been tried before. The policeman is standing near RPO office and listening. The two taken downstairs come back again saying they were told to go to police station in cab which they have to pay. Demanded for their rights. In meantime, cabin no2 assistant brings my file out and says to me to stand in the cabin no 3 queue. After 10 mins more policemen from police station along-with an inspector come to sort out situation. The concerned policeman starts pointing out fingers to- main guy with fight, American return guy and myself(who now was standing in the cabin no3 line). After being pulled out of line the concerned policeman tells the situation to his superior. Then they hear our side of the situation. Next we are taken to cabin no3. Inspector says in Marathi(as if we don’t understand) that we are the ones to blame and that if the officer doesn’t mind he will take all of us to police station and that he will write down on report based on what the concerned policeman told him. I kept saying that I was not involved and that there was no reason I was being dragged into this. The reply was- our man pointed you out so you are coming. All the way to police station I kept asking why I was being taken and that I had done nothing wrong or gotten involved in the mess. In the police station, after a whole bit of “I am listening to all three of you with both my ears open but you three are still to blame and you say the policeman physically assaulted you but he says three of you did too verbally so a report against you is to be made” for 1.5 hrs, a report against the man who had the initial fight and an apology letter from the other two were issued. So finally after 2.5 hrs of nothingness without a letter from me or a report against me I was let go with the other two. Went back to old passport office to cabin no. 3. Assistant got my file. Went in, officer in cabin no.3 says your VC has not been signed by cabin no2 sir so was sent back to cabin no2. Before I entered the policeman outside GPO passes me by. Passing by says “What?” in Marathi. I reply asking “What Happened?” in Hindi. He replies in Hindi “Nothing” and enters cabin no.2 . Around 2 mins after his departure I am called into cabin no.2. Officer2 says Your VC letter only states that you lived in abroad in-between this period but your overseas address is not mentioned. So I am asked to get new VC letter from the same government official for tatkal. In passing he also says that why do you get involved in ‘such’ matters to which I replied that I wasn’t actually involved in that matter. So he sends me packing once more to get more letters.

Day 9- I take my letters straight to cabin no.2 again wait in line and finally reach officer2. He tells me, tatkal period is over(14 calendar days from application). I say sir I have been coming all these days and you know my application was in order, just the extra letters that was needed by you. He says he cant do anything, system wont accept. Now in my mind I was getting irritated. Asked to meet GPO (at this point the GPO was in training/holiday for a month and officer from cabin no.3 took his place). officer2 says no. I asked y? He asked y u want to? I said because he may be able to understand/resolve my situation. Said no. I said all I need is your sign so that the assistant can let me in the main office. Flat refused being stubborn about it and threw a tantrum. I gave up and left. So much for helping Indians!!

Day 10- Went again to see officer now in the main cabin, had to first stand in-line of cabin no. 4 to get a note stating that I can see the GPO. After talking to the madam, who was really helpful, she said my file was cleared and that I can see GPO. Took my letter to see GPO. After endless wait-time I was called in. He had one look at my application online without asking why I was there and said the status showed “police verification not done” said to me that if my CID clearance is done he can grant me my passport otherwise nothing can be done.

Following next few days spent going to my local police station and CID office near Crawford market to get my police verification cleared.
                              After everything done and got an Ok from Inspector in charge, CID office(they too had made a mistake in my status report so my report was sent back to local police station to correct it and then back to CID office)
                              I went to passport office again.

Day 11 and 12- Went to meet shah again so went to cabin no2 again to get s request note to see GPO. Officer1 was back and was kind this time; he looked up my application online it still had police verification incomplete. I explained him everything and also told him after CID verification i still hadn’t got my passport approval. He said I should see shah and explain him everything and there should be no problem. Also i had to get a note from counter no 22 stating my file no. So that i could visit the GPO again! So i went to see GPO again and when he looked up he got the same status. He told me to get my file approved from cabin no. 4 and then he could do something about it. I got so frustrated that finally i caught hold of an officer from CID who in the passport office and requested him to help me. He had a look at my file and he then told me that because I was staying out of India for so long my police verification was coming as incomplete( as I was not in India for a whole complete year ) he had one more case like that, and this person was also in the same situation. He then took us with him to cabin no4 and explained the situation. The madam seeing me was surprised I was still around waiting for my passport. She called for my file and wrote a long and explicit note to GPO to grant me a passport. I then waited for 2 hrs outside GPO's cabin after which finally the peon comes out and says my passport has been granted and I shall receive it within 3 days. I took his word for it and went home.

FINALLY, Got my new passport on 20th sept 2011 after spending around Rs 3000 in tatkal and traveling(cost extra) for a month to get an Indian passport being an Indian citizen since birth and finally my trip was curtailed and I got only one visa (what was the whole point of applying for a new booklet then!??)

Ps- left out minute details and loop holes which would further embarrass the old Passport office workings and ethics!

Pune Passport officeNo System and unfair, rude behaviour

So this whole thing about being there in person for your passport submission is humbug. Recently at the passport office i.e. glorious Pune, I witnessed a couple of things.
                            1) No inquiry for senior citizens who remain baffled with the online form procedure. The official who fills out the form is rude and illiterate and asks you to stand in front of a board which has the format and fill out details which he will then fill. Imagine the plight of old people and the computer illiterate.
                            2) Agents can still submit forms. In fact they do it after 1p.m approaching passport counter officials from behind the desk whereas stupid (read will submit their own form) still wait patiently in queue.
                            3) Infrastructure offers no drinking water or toilets while people wait old, women and children plus the ones who wait for loved ones who are inside.
                            4) Peons and guards think they are talking to cattle instead of human beings. They salaam the agents though of course.
                            5) Officials take leisure lunches.
                            6) There is no space for queue - average queue time 3 hours outside and 11/2 hour inside with no space to rest your legs while office clerks and officers lunch.
                            7) There is no verification counter to check documents which Mumbai has. This affords people some respite from the adhoc form requirement system.
                            8) Your old passport xerox is not proof enough for the passport office. They will not accept ration cards as address proof. Bank statement on the other hand are sure shot proof that you exist. If anyone knows the ease with how bank accounts can be opened and addresses transferred, its a huge joke.

My advice is hire an agent. India is not ready for a transparent system. The government should stop pretending to run a transparent system or pay their officials enough for them not to turn to bribes.

• Mu
                                Muthu Valliammal Nov 30, 2007

In Pune Passport office, I have applied for my passport renewal by May 7th, 2007. I am in emergency to go to abroad. I have studied in Pune by staying in 2 places. So for the police verification, they did it in 2 police stations by 3 months. Then I went to 2 police stations. They completed their work by 2 months atleast.

But this passport office is taking its own liberal time. The Passport officer Vijay Kumar had told the passport will be delivered by 20 days in November 8th. After 7 months, still they are delivering.

It is so much pain... This pain is created for so many other public also. So the passport office needs people to be transferred so that the work will be prompt. Otherwise with lazy lethargic attitude of this passport office, unnecessary deaths will occur.

regional passport office bangaloreDelay in Passport (/bangalore office)

Hi Sir,

I have been waiting from such a long time to get my passport. My passport file no. BNGB02220910 and date of birth is 10/10/1986. Police file No. 1407/10 and 15 digit file no. is BN02B1002220910. My file submitted to RPO office on 12-11-10. I am keep on getting reminder from my company for the passport. I am really frustrated for this. I need the passport for my company travel purpose. How long i will have to wait for this. I have submitted my passport application form on 28/08/2010 and it has been received by you people on 15/09/2010. Police verification is also done long back. Request you to process the passport request asap. I am getting terminated from the office because of non submission of the passport. Urgent. Any queries please call me at [protected]. Pleasse help me to get my passport as soon as possible.

1. Name : Preetam Roy

Preetam Roy
                              [protected]@yahoo.com
                              Contact : [protected]

PREETAM ROY Dec 27, 2010

no one is taking care of the issue . I complained so many days back and no one has taken any action on that . Its frustrating.

PREETAM ROY Feb 13, 2011

i know it's all wasted. Still i did not get my passport.

Rathina Apr 19, 2011

-----

Sabapathy

Passport Office, Ghaziabad, U.P.Passport not received from more that 2 years, Ghaziabad

I am a student of IIT ROORKEE. I have applied for passport in summer of 2008. I have submitted all my documents. But, till now, I didn't receive my passport, whenever I ask them, they say it will come, have patience.
                                Now, I urgently need passport, as I have to go abroad for Internship. please help me regarding my passport. I will be very thankful to you.Please reply me as soon as possible.

My passport file no:- GZB A02112608

Nitin Agarwal
                                B.Tech. III Yr.(ECE)
                                IIT ROORKEE
                                Ph. no:-[protected].

• Ak
                                    AKANKSHA GUPTA Feb 17, 2008

Passport applied in December2006 vide File No. G 001981. Allrequired documents submitted .Despite reminders PassPort has not been received as yet.

saurabh dixit Aug 27, 2012

Dear Sir/ Madam,

My file reference number: GZB-A013890-12, Applied for Passport on 24-Feb-2012. Since last 3 months i am seeing the same status in the tracking system ”
                                    police report has not been submitted while i fill up all forms and visit passport office many times in gzb what should i do i am so confused my company is asking for passport and i m unable to do anything”.

Can you please help, thankls in advance…Regards !

Passport OfficeSTATUS NOT UPDATED

Dear Sir or Madam, I am Srikanth Ravinutala; I am currently residing in Kurnool, Kurnool (D.T). I have applied for my passport on 8th Oct 2010 in Passport office Kurnool. Police verification is completed. But I am not capable to view any information in the Passport website. It constantly says, "File Reference number is either wrong or Information NOT available". I am trying to call the numbers given in the website, but nobody is picking up the call.I sent an email additionally to the given mail-id in the website even though no reply from them.Can you please look into this issue and reply me. Please update me about the status of my passport. It is quite urgent. The details of the passport is given below:- Name:- Srikanth Ravinutala P file no:- Z402365 key :- [protected] Date of submission:- 8th Oct 2010 Current Status:- 'File Reference Number (HYD-Z402365-10) is either wrong or Information NOT available' Thanks n Regards, Egarly waiting for your Help on this ------------------------------------ Srikanth Ravinutala, Kurnool

Rajnish Aug 19, 2008

I have applied for Fresh Passport at Pitampura Regional Passport Office on 9th of August 2008. My File Reference Number is Z075102. Whenever I try to see Application Status of my Passport I get the message:

“File Reference Number (DLH-Z075102-08) is either wrong or Information NOT available”

But on the same page it is displayed that

“Station DELHI last updated on 18-08-2008”

If I call on Enquiry No. [protected], either it is busy or no one picks the phone. When I sent an email to 'rpo.[protected]@mea.gov.in', the email got undelivered. It is 10 days now. I think Police verification should have been completed till this time.

I cant decide what to do.

Rajnish Aug 19, 2008

Sorry I am Rajnish here to make correction. I am in India not in USA.

• Us
                                      usman sardar shah Oct 20, 2008

Dear Sir
                                      sub: pls i finished three month so what is the reson about delay my passport is given for renewal on 18th June 2008 so lps make me satisfy

Sahanawaj Ahemad Apr 10, 2010

Sir
                                      I SAHANAWAJ AHEMAD applied for a Fresh Passport at uditnagar, rourkela head PO orissa on 14th of Dec 2009. My File Reference Number is W290047. Whenever I try to see Application Status of my Passport I get the message:

“File Reference Number (BHU-W290047-09) is either wrong or Information NOT available”

If I call on Enquiry No. [protected]. Either it is busy or no one picks the phone. When I sent an email to 'rpo.[protected]@mea.gov.in', the email got delivered on the dates 31.03.10, 06.04.10 and 11.04.10 .But, I think no one can response in the respected office.

I cant decide what to do...

• Ar
                                      arul raj Feb 02, 2011

Dear Sir or Madam, arul thiyagaraj esthakkiyan; I am currently residing in perundurai pattu, thiruvannamalai (D.T), tamil nadu. I have applied for my passport on 15th Oct 2010 in district passpot cell in thiruvannmalai collecgors office. Police verification is completed. But I am not capable to view any information in the Passport website. It constantly says, "File Reference number is either wrong or Information NOT available". I am trying to call the numbers given in the website, but nobody is picking up the call.I sent an email additionally to the given mail-id in the website even though no reply from them.Can you please look into this issue and reply me. Please update me about the status of my passport. It is quite urgent. The details of the passport is given below:- NAme: Arul THIYAGARAJ ESTHAKKIYAN. The referenceno:Z202185. the key no:[protected]. and the despatch no: SPETO58883891 IN. Date of submission:- 15th Oct 2010 Current Status:- is not available it says what should i do.Thanks n Regards, Egarly waiting for your Help on this ------------------------------------ arul thiyagaraj esthakkiyan.

To The Regional Passport OfficerPasspot status 'OTHERS'

To The Regional Passport Officer,
                                    dear sir,
                                    i have applied for a new passport on 4th/sept/2010, for then i'm frequently checking my Passport STATUS(police enquiry not recieved) and as if now (15th/nov/2010) its showing a message as 'OTHERS'.please let me know what does it mean exactly.

Bareilly Passport OfficePassport not received (1 year duration)

I had applied for the passport on 05-04-2010 with file reff No#-BLY-A014514-10 and yet not received passport.

• Ri
                                          Riaz Ahmad Oct 23, 2009

I had applied for the passport on 04 / 08 / 2009 and yet not received passport.

• Ri
                                          ritesh Aug 17, 2016

i am Ritesh kumar . I am from pilibhit, Uttar Pradesh and I applied for a passport on 24/12/2009 with the file reference number A051913. at the barelly regional passport office.

Passport OfficeWrong information

So the wrong information was given to me on the phone with a passport representative AND then AGAIN in the passport office. Called the 800 line and spoke to someone of what do that my husband was out of the country and would not be present to get a passport for our child. So he said i needed to fill out a form stating that was not available and have it notarized. Then i wait in line at the office for an hour and half only to have the person tell me that my husband has to sign and notarize the consent even though he's in another country. She said that he could go to the consulate directly or a notary. Then she confirms with the guy next to her that a faxed copy of the form is fine IF the seal is legible. Well i then make another appointment 2 days before we leave was the only next appt i could get. Then i get there and they say they WON'T take a faxed copy. ONLY a faxed copy from the consulate, but if it's a normal notary, then it has to be the original. NOT WHAT THE WOMAN SAID WHEN I WAS THERE BEFORE. Needless to say, now my husband has to leave work and find a fed ex, and get it to me by 11am the next day so i can get the passport processed in same day.
                                        I'm so fed up with people giving wrong information. They asked me who gave me that info and i told them i didn't know her name, but i'm sure they could find her. The woman at window 15 on Oct. 6 at 11:30am. I"m sure they have a record. Then the woman today says i can come directly to her window tomorrow, but she wouldn't give me her name. lol
                                        Thanks for hassle people!!! i really appreciate it.

• Mi
                                            minmin Apr 11, 2012

In the Post office MPO in long island city in New York City.
                                            One chinese circle face famale worker lied to us that my 16 years old son needs both parents with our photo ID.
                                            My husband had it, My son had 2 weeks expired passport, but I had only learner permit photo ID.
                                            She told us "Come back tomorrow! Who are you feeling bad at?"
                                            Do both parents need to show up with both photo ID?