Having problems with Passport Office?

Complaints & Reviews

Delayed passport issuance

My wife applied for passport on 4th july 2007 in pune passport office. We were misguided by people about...

No passports received!

I HAD SENT MY 2 CHILDREN PASSPORT APPLICATION ON 9 DEC 06. TILL DATE THERE IS NO COMMUNICATION FROM THE...

Very bad management

There is really very bad management at the Pune Passport office.

I wanted to share my bad experience I had recently at the Pune Passport office.

I had filled the application form online for reissue of passport of my Father in law. I got an appointment at 12.30 pm on 13th aug 07. I went there at 12.00 pm and saw that there was a very long queue even for people who got appointment after online application. It was a very long (around 50 people ahead of me).

I wanted to meet the Passport officer in charge but the security guard did not allow me as he was busy. So, i waited in the queue. At around 3.00 pm i got to meet the passport officer (Shri Suresh Kumar Menon). I told him that i had got the appointment at 12.30 pm and i am waiting in queue since last 2 and half hours. He said that we have problems of less man power, etc and we will try to improve the service. I had taken off some time from my office hours and had come to apply for passport.

Now, when my number came at around 3.45 pm , I gave all the documents and the online application form printout. I also had the authority letter for my Father in Law.

But, the person at the counter told me that my Father in Law will himself have to come for applying. But I told him that i had authority letter. But he told that dont u understand I told u na it is not acceptable and I cannot repeat since I have no patience. He said that authority letter is not allowed for online Application. I said that this was not given in online Instructions. But he said no. So, I said Ok ( i had no other option) and I left the counter. I went to meet passport officer again to get more clarification on this. But, the security guard did not allow me. So, I left the passport office and went to office with a lot frustration.

Next day, I had no option but to go to an agent and make that passport application.

This is how the system at Pune passport office is. I for the first time have approached an agent in life.

• Ku
    Kunal Sep 01, 2008

Read Q4 of the FAQs on http://passport.gov.in/pune.htm
    It says that the applicant has to come personally

• Su

SUBMMISION CETNER : SOLAPUR
    DESPACTH CENTER PUNE OFFICER

my Passport Application Pending From Your office

I am Persnal contact to Mr.Sayyed Sir ( Pune Passport OFfice) he said

the passport will pending for (POLICE REPORT INCOMPLETED SO CASE IS EXIMND)

& he said ( Police Report inside PHOTO not Attasted) & forrowed Passport Application TO SOLAPUR POLICE COMMISSIONER OFFICE

FOR report is completed in last month means march-2009.

THE POLICE ENQ.OFFICER SAID THE ENQ.IS 100% COMPLTED (NO ANY QURY ) ( BIJAPUR NAKA POLICE STATION SOLAPUR )

MR.SHINDE SIR ( HEAD OF POLICE ENQ.OFFICER.) ( OUT.NO.607 26/02/2009 )

but till date the passport application status is same so any qury regarding my passport application so plz contact.

MY PASSPORT IS VERY URGENT

• Pa
    passport May 02, 2009

Please mail me about my file no p 005421, which was submited on 10th Feb. 2009 will all formalities.

• Pa

Verification Has Been Done On Nov 2010. Sir I Wanted To Know Why My
    Passport Had Not Been Received Still? As I Tried Many Times On Flowing
    concacts
    25675422, 21, 25679962, 25675419
    But I Haven't Got Any Feedback.
    I Request U To Reply For This Mail About My Passport Status.
    Waiting For Your Relpy
    Regards: Mahyuddin Abdullatif Nasawale
    [email protected] date 5 jan 2011

Not processed my passport!

I apply for passport 2 month back my police verification is also completed almost 45 days back. But i...

Poor service!

My name is Swati Agarwal, I m from Ghaziabad, my passport was initially issued in 1997, at that time I was a minor. Right now i m working with an MNC, and my passport will be expiring in Month of Oct'07, (27th oct'07). My company has asked me for my passport details as my visa needs to be processed. I have been making rounds of the ghaziabad passport office. i have not seen a passport office as corrupt as this one. My passport was made from the Delhi office as there was not passport office in ghaziabad at that time, since this office is now there in ghaziabad i have to get my passport re issued from ghaziabad. I don't know what the hell is government is doing. we are comparing our growth with western countries and here we are still stuck in the old paradgim, not able to get out of it, the passport re issue policy sais that you need to pay Rs.1500+Rs.1000 for TATKAL reissue of the passport, but when you go to the passport office in ghaziabad the passport officer says, " I took a transfer to ghaziabad and i had to pay 5Lac for that, why should i make your passport so fast, i have spent some amount of money, i can process your passport in tatkal but you need to pay Rs.10000, so that i can renew it.

What rubbish, does it matter to us if he took a transfer or not, we never asked him to come here. i need a small job done for which gvt. charges, a total of rs.2500. but this man wants to fill his pocket.

My Question is what is the Government doing about this, as this is only causing frustration and irritation is general public.

• Ga
    gautham May 14, 2008

dear sir,
    i, mr gautham kumar from hyderabad want to apply fresh passport online.but while applying ONLINE everything is fine but DATE option is not proper and unable to select the date to go passport office.

so im unable to apply online..plz make another arrangement or make online registration website work properly...

you ll please get me solution for this problems while applying online.

• Ga
    gautham May 14, 2008

sir i am student and while applying online registration of passport unable to register the properly because of problem in website to select the required date.

will u please get me the solution for this.

Poor service!

I applied for passport on 21st Sept 2006 in jaupur Pasport Office, there process is so slow by the time...

Indefinite Delay in passport dispatch!

I had applied for passport oin 5/5/2007(App Number:Z092726 ). The status on 1st week of July was that the...

Undue delay in kids passport!

I had submitted passport office Bhopal passport application of my 9yers and 12 year kids in first week of April. I am at Cambridge University UK is desperately waiting for arrival of my family, but Passport Office bhopal is just displaying a message that application is under process for further examination and Police report is clear for the last three months. Persons applied for passport thru agents in May and onward already got their passport. The officer deputed for look such complaints never open his email.

jainrohit0912 May 17, 2010

Hello,

My name is rohit jain
    I'd applied for passport on 3rd March 2010. My file no. is M 000558.
    KeyNo: 7700055810
    Name: Rohit Jain

I am getting message Police Report has not been received.

I have enquired in police station they have send police report on 3rd itself
    then showed me the "Javak Karamnk also "

I have enqired in passport office bhopal there they are telling to they have to recieved the report

Again I have check shivpuri police station they showed me all document and told me if i recieved any letter we have not recieved police report of rohit jain then Imeediatly we will fax it .

Can you please suggest me now what should I do .

Regards
    Rohit Jain

passport delay

I am in Abroad and I want to bring my family here, so I applied passport for my wife in Jan 2007 (File...

Passport not dispatched till 6 months

My passport was issued by Bareilly Passport office but due to some reasons the passport was not delivered at the address mentioned in the passport form.

So, on my email request the Bareilly passport office had sent my passport to Ghaziabad passport office and informed me by sending a letter at my present address (Mangalore address).

According to the information provided in the letter, I had to take my passport from the Ghaziabad office but When I went there the clerk misguided me. Finally the passport officer informed me that they will dispatch it to my Mangalore Address...

But now it has been more than 6 months and I haven’t got it.. :-(

ANshuj kaushik Nov 20, 2008

my self is anshuj kaushik . i had applied for my passport on date 20-06-2008 my file no. is gzba02423908 and key no. is 6502423908 . my varification has been alredy done by your officerbefore 3 months. and he promised to us we will send as soon as. and now its month gone and if i am checking my stats on net . always is same status for we will dispatch sortly . so please send my passport as soon as possible.

Anshuj kaushik S/0 Shripal kaushik
    town + post - un
    patti - noutna
    disstrict - muzzafarnagar
    pin - 247778

Delay in getting passport

Hi, When I had submitted my Passport renewal application (H004118) at Delhi office on 12th Mar 2007, I wa...

Passport not received!

I had submitted my mother's passport on her behalf on 25-04-07. Her File number is B002796-07. The police verification was done and cleared. I kept checking on the web site for any updated. For past two weeks, the message broadcasted on the passport office web site is:

"It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the dispatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be dispatched in a week's time ". We are still waiting for that week. My mother needs to travel on an urgent basis.

People beware!!!

• Rk
    RK Khushu Jul 19, 2007

I am a victim of similar circumstances having applied for three Passports of my family - my wife, my son and my daughter on 21st February, 2007.

Police verification for all the three family members was done way back and passports are ready for dispatch. But unfortunately, every week same excuse is displayed on the website that " due to some unavoidable circumstances these could not be dispatched and will be posted in a week's time"... This speaks volumes and there is no need to emphasize why dispatch is not happening.

I am yet to make use of RTI Act. But will soon exercise this option.

• Kk
    K.K.mahishkar Aug 13, 2007

My wife has applied for issue of new passport since old passport validity expired.Application along with Rs.1000-00 draft has been submitted at Noida collecting center on13-07-2005. police verification was done indue course of time in a month. I personally visited along my wife twice to PRO and was assured to send the new pass port with in week's time,but till date we are waiting for the arrival of new-pass port from passport office Ghaziabad. We had been living in the same residence since last 18 years from where her last passport was issued from Delhi at that time which was received with ia month 's time. There is hardly any change of status except age. Delay of more than 2 years in issuing new passport in unwarranted. This is simply harassment to general helpless public. I being senior citizen can not afford to fatigues run to Ghaziabad,with hazardous traffic situation on the road.

• As
    Ashutosh Gautam Aug 20, 2007

I am also suffering the similar problem as i have applied for passport on 2nd April 2007 and till now i am waiting for my passport. All inquiries have been done and i have taken my passport no from the office but i didn't receive my passport and nor they are handling it to me and they have written over the board that the applicant can get their passport from the office directly.

I don't know why they people are making hell the passport office and i would say now i have to go by RTI Act so that they have to reply.

The fact which hey don't know is that responsible person has to give reply within 30 days or else the 250 rs /day will be deducted from the responsible person.

• Lo
    LOKESH KUMAR Dec 29, 2007

i have submitted my application since five months back.but still i dont get my passport. i have seeing my status, it flashed:-furnish fresh EAP(1)form with declarations duly sighned.plz send my passport as well as possible.
    passport file no.:--z000949-07
    name:-LOKESH KUMAR
    location:-agra(u.p.)

• Pr
    pradeep Kumar Jan 02, 2008

Dear sir
    I have sumited my application on24/09/07 .
    but i have not recieved my passpot till now.
    my pasport fileno-001098
    name :pradeep kumar
    location: agra

sandeep hashia Aug 03, 2009

Sir,

I applied for the Passport vide file number GZB A022081 on Dated 16 April 2009. The most surprising to me that i have not received passport till now despite all the needful verification has done long back.

Please look into this matter & do the needful.

thanking you,

sandeep hashia

• Vi
    vikas w01012711 Jul 11, 2011

Dear sir,
    My passport file no. is upow01012711, At the time of submission of the application, i got it verified at the head post office agra pratap pura, i submitted all the required documents, and when my police verification and liu verification was done i was available at the home and they both are clear so, now why i am asked to furnish address proof? when i called at the no.s which are available at site no one picked the phone..now i have again mailed the scanned copy of my electricity bills copy, ration cards copy, and my pass books copy...
    please consider my request and do the need full help.

Too much delay in issuing passport

I had submitted my passport application on 11-12-2006 at passport office Ghaziabad in general scheme ( of 35 days & Rs: 1000/-fee ). Though it is already 6 months over, I have not received my passport yet.

Police inquiry report has been already clear on [protected]. From the beginning of February,07 my web status page was showing " Police inquiry report has been clear and passport is expected to be dispatch on 22-02-07." I waited and waited and still waiting for the passport. I also wrote mail to RPO Ghaziabad but there is no response from their side.

I have already missed my training in Singapore two times just because of the delay in passport.

Regards,
vivek kumar malik
file ref. no. F017342
DOB 18/11/1987
Distt. Muzaffarnagar

Mangesh Sharadrao Kulkarni Jul 06, 2007

I have applied for Passport to Regional Passport Office Gaziabad on 16th Nov 2006.

On 8th Feb 2007 my status was "Due to unavoidable circumstances the passport will be dispatched in a weeks time".

On 15 March 2007 the status changed to "Furnish Fresh EAP (1) Form with Duely signed".

On 22nd May 2007 I Furnished the Fresh EAP (1) form & submitted.

But still the status is the same.

No reply for any complaint in the Passport Office!

Passport office is not providing any info regardless of my regular mail to them. The mail is also marked to their very senior officer but no response from any where. It actually show their irresponsibility.

They should be sacked with immediate effect.

Manish Kumar May 30, 2007

Very right.

• Mo
    mohan appaiahgari Jun 16, 2007

He is true. I too tried to retrieve some information by requesting the public grievances department. Forget about the information, they didn't even bothered to respond to my mail at least with some comment. And their telephone lines are never attended by anybody. I think that post is vacant. One can try for that position, if interested. Yeah, I am serious!!!

• Dr
    dr.mala Jun 18, 2007

Yes, even i have complaint several times. My interview is in some days and i haven't received my police clearance report from passport office. Its going to be a month now. Rubbish system in delhi. I really don't know where to approach now.

• Mo
    mohit malik Jun 20, 2007

This true... There should be no government there will be the corruption parties in India. At least they are honest in some field.

• Ne
    neha Jun 28, 2007

I am trying to call in R.K. Puram off but their telephone lines are never attended by anybody. I think they are busy to take their lunch and gossip with each n others. They don't get time to attend the call. The staff is not interested to work, they came from their house not for work, they came only for REST. They think that everyday is the HOLIDAY.

• De
    Deepak Kumar Kaul Sep 11, 2007

It seems they have taken general people for granted. I applied for my passport 3 months back and for the last three weeks whenever I check the status website it says passport will be dispatched in week's time. Contacting grievances cell is a nightmare you never get to contact anyone when you can you get same old answer "you case is still in process" even after having documents complete and Police report clear , they don't have any reason for delay.

• Ni
    nikhilkhanna Oct 10, 2007

Very poor services!

• Dr
    dr sudeep Dec 02, 2007

its pathatic no response even after 4months of application , no one to contact ,i think delhis regional passport office is one of the worst goverment department ,no reply from grevince cell ,mail boucing back.i dont know what to do?

Joginder rohilla Mar 06, 2008

Absolutely... i used to do the mails 4-5 days regularly But no response...

• Yv
    y v sambasiva rao May 30, 2008

No action is been taken and no information is been provided. i had applied 7 months back. No Status till date.

Delay in passport issuing!

My name is Mr. Pramod Kumar Maheshwari S/o Shri Amar Nath Maheshwari R/O 80- A, Gandhi Nagar, Agra-282003...

Foolish customers in the passport office!

This is regarding the Hyderabad passport office Phones, While applying passport, they will give some land...

Passport getting delayed for 3 months!

I had applied for the passport in the regional office of Bhopal, MP. It has been 6 months since and I...

Not issuing passport!

I went to ooty Passport office outlet to give my Passport application. The Officials there were not willing to accept the Application since I had my studies till 12th in Tamilnadu and then my degree in Kerala. The officials said that there is some rule that they cannot accept the application if the studies are in different states, Don't People have freedom to study in different states.

• Gi
    Gince S Jan 22, 2007

Sweety,

If you are residing in Ooty passport office jurisdiction, you have all right to apply for passport in Ooty. If not accepting the application, you may raise a grievance with the ministry of external affairs, thru: http://darpg.nic.in

Passport getting delayed for 18 months!

I had applied for the passport in the regional office of Ghaziabad, UP vide file number:- Z001784-05. (I am a...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices