Having problems with Passport Office?

Complaints & Reviews

Delay passport

Hi, When I had submitted my Passport press application (Z031967) at Delhi office on 5th Mar 2007, I was told that I would not get my passport till date, subject to documents in order and clear police verification. Documents were in order and police verification was done in second week of Apr. I have been checking the status online since June 12th. The status just says that it will be under processing this time. It is almost end of the month and I am still waiting for my passport. My travel has already got delayed due to this. Very poor service!

Rakesh khurana Aug 21, 2008

hello,

i had submitted the request for issue the passport in 14/12/06 but didn't get yet.i had also visited your respective office twice for the same two month ago.so they told me your passport will reach in 15 days but result is same. so pl & check & revert as soon as possible.i'm still waiting for my passport.
    hope i'll get revert for your side.
    Details are below for passport.
    Z481466
    Thanks & Regards
    Rakesh khurana

• Sh
    shiva Sep 23, 2008

i want to know the procedure of pets transportation from delhi to adu dhabi UAE. is there any department for dogs . can you please help me in this as soon as possible . i m staying here in UAE i want to call my dog here . so kindly respond me .

thnks

• De
    Deepak Sahu Sep 29, 2008

Sir,
    I have applied for passport on 08/02/2008 in Delhi Regional Passport Office & still the current online update is
    "Police verification has completed, application is under process".
    Please let me know the current status of my application as early as possible.

File No is : A005183

Thanks

Parnika May 10, 2009

Dear Sir,
    I am Parnika goel i had applied for my passport in "file reference number DLH A011296 applied date Feburary 27, 2009" and my verification has been done before one- one n half month ago and they told me that i am going to that after 2-3 week i will receving my passport .But i hadn't received and i need as soon as possible and i also through with the passport enquiry website they show that process is underway. Please reply me regading this as soon as possible.

Thanking You

Parnika Goel

Sushant Sinha Jun 15, 2009

Hi,

I have applied for passport on 30/03/2009 in Delhi Regional Passport Office & still the current online update is
    "Police verification has completed, application is under process".

Please let me know the current status of my application as early as possible.

File No is : A017984

Thanks

• Se
    sebi p thomas Mar 16, 2011

Sir,

I am Sebi P Thomas I applied for my passport in the name of Mr. Sebi P Thomas(File Reference Number : A046314-10) on 02-08-2010 and all formalities are cleared. Police report cleared on 02-09-2010. I personally visit the pass port office delhi, the officals told me the it under processing on printing section but I am not receive my pass port.

Till to dateI have not received my passport.

Kindly do the needful and help me by sending my passport by mail as an earliest.

Yours faithfully

Sebi P Thomas

• Ru
    RUCHI AHUJA Jun 08, 2011

HELLO,
    I AM RUCHI AHUJA AND I SUBMIT MY PASSPORT AT 17MARCH 2011 AND NOW ITS 8 JUNE 2011...APPLICATION NO. IS A01929411.AND STILL M NOT GETTING MY PASSPORT BECAUSE OF THIS M DELAYNG MY JOB. ANMD PLEASE TELL ME THE CORRECT STATUS OF MY PASSPORT ITS ALWAYS SAYS POLICE REPORT IS CLEAR AND APPLICATION IS UNDER PROCESS.I NEED MY PASSPORT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE SEND ME MY PASSPORT...
    THNX N REGARDES
    RUCHI AHUJA

delay of issuing of passport

Dear Sir, I Rajesh Dhamija have lost my previous passport No: G2122975 and reported to police after that I...

non receipt of passport after long delay

My file no. is A 032596 and key no . [protected].
I HAD SENT MY PASSPORT APPLICATION ON 22 May 2007. TILL DATE THERE IS NO COMMUNICATION FROM THE PASSPORT OFFICE. EVEN IF SOMETHING IS WRONG IN THE APPLICATION, THEY SHOULD HAVE THE COURTESY TO INFORM THE PERSON. I have written reminders, I have called them up, but there is no response.. I am amazed, here they promise passport in 30 days here it is going to to be an year and no news. I have written several complaints before but there is no response!!!
I need my passport urgently.

• Sh
    sharad keer May 30, 2008

HI this is very common and notable case, it should be necessarry to resolve.

mahesh May 30, 2008

good service of govt office actually we deserve this being an indian citizenship.

Passport lost

I Pallavi bhatnagar living in Indore, Madhya pradesh, India, lost my passport. and the worst part is i...

PASSPORT

I APPLIED A PASSPORT BY 07/02/08 HAVING FILE NO:H002377, IN THE STATUS FORMAT SHOWS THAT APP. IS PENDING DUE...

deleyed passport from-jaipur, rpo

Dear Sir,
I have applied for a minior passport through tatkal scheme of my son with all the geniune documents with satification of passport officer on counter no.6 at regional passport office Jaipur on dated:8/12/2008 in presence of my self, my wife and my son in front of the passport officer counter no.6 we paid the fee 2100 IRS.and the officer is promise to us it will ready within 1 week we will send by post in your address.for your kind ref:the FILE NO.M000912.Applied on 08/02/2008, applicant date of birth-24/11/2008 Name-Ishant Sharma Under TATKAL SCHEME.till to day on 26/04/2008 we did't receve the passport also my wife again went the passport office on date:11/04/2008 to file the enquirey form with stamp duty IRS.10/And they again promise to her we will check and still no reply.please note that the passport is ready from date:12/02/2008 on the system but till date not despetch.kindly explain this is the service of Tatkal Scheme.please enter the above subject matter i, m very thakful to you if its not repied in future to anyone.still i, m awaitting the passport if you can solve the problame.thanka/regards, sksharma-kuwait

• Ak
    Akshu Singhal May 24, 2008

Hi,

This is Akshu . This is the file no JPRW02016607 of my passport..I am applied on 2007 May. All the formalities are completed. Police verification is also done but till now i did not get my passport.

Please tell me the status .. Should I applied for new passport or my possport is done..

Your's sincerely,

Akshu Singhal

Manprakash Prajapati Jul 21, 2008

Dear Sir,
    I had sent my passport for renewal in the year 2006 but still i am awaiting to receive it. My passport no. is G-960971. Kindly advise me whether I should go for a fresh passport or you will take the action to renew the same and send me.
    Manprakash Prajapati,
    P.O. Salasar, Distt. Churu, Tah.Sujangarh, Rajasthan 331-506

• Ga
    gajendra Oct 26, 2008

Hi,
    I applied for renewal of my passport (which had expired a month ago) in sep07, Despite numerous follow-ups i did not rcv my passport till Aug08.. finally i wrote & spoke to chief passport officer who was totally allof of all the mis-management in his office and did not seemed interested at all to help. Obviously he gets his share from touts.

I went on forwarding and escalating this issue to Delhi office and finally they issued me a passport however, instead of renewing my passport.. they issued me a new passport.

I have again started another round of applications and complaints to get this ractified... I don't know with the kind of apathy that passport officers show towards public.. how long it's gonna take.

jaipur Sep 23, 2009

TO,
    The passport Officer,
    jaipur.
    sub:applied passport FILE NO : W050876 09 But not received
    dear sir,
    I applied passport date on 04.05.09 my folicy no is w050876, when I saw my status at computer scerene as police report is clean & send me to date 21.08.09
    .ut now status seen rest any data please send me my passport immediatly please .
    thanks

• Ha
    Harshit Jain Oct 05, 2009

TO,
    The passport Officer,
    jaipur.
    sub:applied passport FILE NO : W015480-09 But not received
    dear sir,
    I applied passport date on 24.07.09 my folicy no is w015480, All the formalities are completed. Police verification is also done but till now i did not get my passport.
    Thanks,
    Sanjay Jain

police enquiry not yet received

file ref. a301430 name:swetha bala chandramohan application date :06/03/08 grievance:sir ihave applied for a...

enquiry

Dear sir, I am a student in Hyderabad, I applied for my passport on 06-03-2008 bearing file no; W251581...

No response to passport renewal application.

My experience with Hyderabad passport office is abosolutely horrific. There is no accoutability and...

delay in passport

Respected sir, Name:sambasiva rao Father's name: venkateswarlu File no:z604319 Application date :05/04/2007...

misprint on passport

I had applied for inclusion of my spouse name in my passport.
However the name was wrongly printed and now no one is ready to listen. when I asked the agent he said that I would have to pay all the charges again for the correction.
Why should I pay for no mistake of mine?
I have filled the form correctly, if the person on job is not careful enough to get the keys right why should I be penalised for the same?

Padmini Dey Jul 29, 2008

I have applied for passport from kolkata due to some reason I was not able to present at the time of police verification. Now the status of my passport is "Not Found.Sumit the PP form along with photographs"
    Now I am working in Mombai. Shall I have to mention my present address of Mumbai?Can I courier the PP form with the residential proff of Mumbai directly or is it nesscessury to meet PRO of the Passport department of Kolkata which very difficult for mr at this moment. Please give me reply ASAP.

Sudipta Saha Oct 19, 2008

I already received my passport but I can not check my passport details in internet. please send me a proper URL.

• Du
    Dulal Chandra Mondal Mar 08, 2009

Respected sir,

I am Dulal Chandra Mondal, a final year student of BESU, Shibpur, I had applied for a passport 5-6 months back
    and since one months i am looking for the status of my passport on the site http://164.100.17.25/passmain.php?city=chd
    which the main site of passport office

i am getting this message "It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time"
    since last one months
    my file reference no. is CAL-A074348-08
    and my date of birth is 20-03-1988
    and my application date is 24-09-2008
    so'my heartiest request to you to grant my passport and obliged me.because i am in urgent need of my passport.

Thanking you
    Dulal Chandra Mondal

rahul May 12, 2009

i am alone so i nide good friend

RAVI KUMAR Jan 29, 2012

Respected sir,

I am Hemant kumar any my wife amrita applied for passport in Oct-11.

i am getting this message form last 45 days "It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time"

my file reference no. is CAL-A104410-11
    and my application date is 17-10-2011
    so'my heartiest request to you to grant this passport and obliged me.

Thanking you
    hemant kumar

passport not receive

sir i applying passport to lucknow resional passport office date sep-2004 but tilldate i couldn't recive...

Passport file not being transfered for 6 months

Hi I am Dinesh Tyagi, applied for the passport in the regional office of Ghaziabad, UP on 5th May, 2017, file ref. no A005633-06 . As per passport online site it is showing. "Contact to PRO". I visited 4 times passport office but every time got different 2 advise from PRO so then I did same whatever they asked me, but nothing has been done from them, then I submitted the application to transfer my file to Secundera(A.P) passport office as I am working in Satyam Computers Hyderabad But still i didn't see my file transfered as six month over, then recently I met to PRO and Chief passport officer in Ghaziabad, but this time PRO advised me to sumitt the application for file close and then I rushed to Chief passport Officer but got the same answer. is there anyway to get the file transfer ASAP

Can anybody help me in this regards
Thanks in advance
Dinesh Tyagi

PARVEZ ALAM Aug 31, 2007

I had applied for the passport in the regional office of Ghaziabad, UP with file number:- Z160041/2017 in January 2017. It has been twenty months since and I haven't received my passport. Status is coming as "Police verification is incomplete and the case is being examined". I am afraid it is going to take another year for the same.

chandra prakash verma Apr 29, 2008

dear sir,
    i have applied for new passport on 24 may 2017.
    but not received till now.
    duration time 12 month

my file no. a008524
    key no. 6500852407

• Ga
    gajendra singh Dec 04, 2008

ihave aplied for passport on 20/10/2017 but i could not find my passport .i shall visit ur office before 15/12/08

• Bi
    BIJU ABRAHAM Apr 26, 2009

i have applied for new passport on 20/03/2017
    but not received till now.
    duration time one month

my file no.gzb01486109
    biju abraham

subha Mohanty Jun 10, 2009

Respected Sir/Mam,

I want to make a request that I have to apply for a passport in your
    office. Actually, in my Voter I.D. card my name is misspelled, besides
    this I also don't have a Rashion card of Ghaziabad. As these are the
    important documents required for making the passport, I want to know
    that if I can give an affidavit for the same. So, will you please be so
    kind to provide assistance to me in this regard.

Yours Sincerely
    Subha Laxmi Mohanty
    B-158, Ashok Nagar,
    Ghaziabad �

• Gi
    Gireendra kumar Aug 28, 2009

Dear sir

I had aaplied for the passport, but there is no response from your office. All the had already done and file also send to the your office and more than 10 months are gone, but their is no action taken yet .

My passport no. Z162795 08 and my name GIREENDRA KUMAR & D.O.B 20/05/1987.

Sir I have a request to you please dispatch my passport.

• As
    Ashish 4885 Apr 27, 2011

Dear sir,
    There should be proper timing information on internet that after so much days the file will move from regional passport office to the local police station for verification or the movement of the file should be managed ie the file has been sent to sp office on..., the file has been sent from sp office to local police sta6ion on...etc with the regular updates,
    Ashish
    Agra

• Sy
    syed mohammad ali khan May 01, 2011

hi, my name is syed mohammad ali khan, i had applied for the passport on 13th january 2017 and it should have been dispatched by 10th april 2017, but now the status has changed and it says ''Application has been transferred to policy section, Please See the PRO .'' My file no. is GZB00212211 sir please help me out, i would be thankful to you.

• Re
    Reviewer30062 Oct 07, 2015

I have applied for passport In April 2017, now as per tracking found objection that something wrong with my Father name spelling, as per the portal an objection letter supposed to arrive at my home town but till yet didnt received the same also no one pick up the phone, Dont know what kind of services you have been providing us.

INCORRECT SPELLING OF MY NAME IN STATUS INQARY BOX

spelling of my name in status inquarybox is incorrect,not matching with the name which is in my application...

Passport not delivered

There is major scandal in Lucknow passport office nowadays.

If you are an existing passport holder & you apply for some miscellaneous services the chances are that your passport will not be sent to you. Probably your file will disappear in the passport office.

This situation can be overcome only if you have the patience & will to meet the Reg. Passport Officer now a days who happens to be an IPS officer who hapens to be a muslim now a days. He thinks himself to be a king of some palce so he will not meet you easily. You have to try again & again or to apply some source to meet this MF.

Then once you meet him your file will reappear within 10 minutes.

This is the modus operandi being adopted by the employees at the passport office.I they see that your passport has any visas they will hide your file.

The same happend with me recently.

Passport Status not known

I had applied for my passport in July 2007. The Police Verification is done.
Now, from the last 1 month in status it is showing "Application has been transferred to policy section. Please see the PRO"

What is this policy section and PRO?

My Application number is Z161213-07 and DOB 06/01/1984.

I mailed the concerned person, but no replies.
Even the 4 phone numbers they have given on website are of no use as no one picks the call.

Please Help!!

• Mr
    mradul bhatt Jan 30, 2008

I had applied for my passport in november 2007. The Police Verification is done.
    Now, In status it is showing "Application has been transferred to policy section. Please see the PRO" . what is this PRO?

• Ni
    Nivedita Singh Feb 15, 2008

Dear Sir,

I Nivedita Singh applied for passport as per following details and yet to receive the passport:

name : Nivedita Singh
    file no : Gzba028190-07
    application date : 11.12.07

The Police Verification is done.
    Now, In status it is showing "Police Report has not been received". I need it on an urgent basis.

I hope for immediate reply

Nivedita Singh

Rahul Gupta Nov 01, 2008

I had applied for my passport in May 2008. The Police Verification is done.

What is this policy section and PRO?

My Application number is A020497-08 and DOB 28/05/1984.

Rahul Gupta Nov 01, 2008

I had applied for my passport in May 2008. The Police Verification is done.
    What is this policy section and PRO?

My Application number is GZBA020497-08 and DOB 28/05/1984.

• De
    DEVENDER Nov 02, 2008

PLS. UPDATE MY PASSPORT STATUS AS SOON AS POSSOBLE.

MY NAME DEVENDER
    MY FILE NO. a03705008

SUKASUMILRODRIGUES Dec 03, 2008

i appiled my passport in oct 23 2008 now message is flash "Application has been transferred to policy section. Please see the PRO" .
    what is meaning of it

• Aa
    Aarti Shakya Jan 13, 2009

I (Aarti Shakya) applied for passport as per following details and yet to receive the passport:

name : Aarti Shakya
    file no : Gzbz001683
    application date : 27.10.08

The Police Verification is done.
    Now, I am not able to access in my internet account please provide me status of my application.

I hope for immediate reply

Aarti Shakya

Rahimuddin Khan Aug 04, 2009

Dear, Sir/Madam

My Name is Rahimuddin Khan, I belong to Aligarh-U.P. but now I am working in Saudi Arab since 2007. I applied passport for my Wife & Kids on 12-11-2008 and my wife passport file no. GZB-A042974-08 & my daughter fine No. is GZB-C009958-08. But till now I have not got my family passport but still the response is same "Application has been transferred to policy section, Please See the PRO". All the Police inquiry etc. had already been completed & my brother has been met personally 3-4 times to PRO, Ghaziabad. You are hereby requested to kindly look into the matter and do the needful.

Thanks & Regards

Rahimuddin Khan
    KSA-Jeddah
    Mob: +966533481319

• Va
    vamskrish Dec 06, 2010

hello everyone

most of your posts tell us that you need to meet the public relations officer(PRO). so go to the passport office and there is a reception desk. tell them your problem and file no. they will tell you to wait in a line or give an appointment to meet the PRO. Tell him (very confidently) your problem and ask him the solution. but before you go inside try talking with people there, they may have visited the PRO more than once . The most crucial thing is decide one answer to tell which is the best option and which could easily convince the PRO.this option may be regarding the permanent address or where you live at present. the answer should not clash with the matter in the application.
    so dont worry . be positive

• Re
    reshma1 Jun 04, 2011

I had applied for my passport on 201o..but i haven't got my passport till nw...
    i enquired in the internet...the web says Your application has been transferred to the policy section.Please see the PRO
    so what it's the next step i have to do to get my passport...please help me...i m in need to get my passport immediately...
    Thank you.

Resolved Passport not issued

Respected sir It's been more than 1 year i applied for the passport.I was donw with all my enquiries at...

delay in passport dispatch

I had applied for the passport in the regional office of Ghaziabad, UP on 17th May, 2007 vide File no...

Delaying in Issue of the Passport

Hi,
Verification has been done for the approval of Passport. Status from the past 6 months is showing Your Police Report is Clear. Further Process is taking Place.

Yet waiting from past 3 months to get my Passport. As I am in urgent need to get the Passport . Please look into this matter as soon as possible.

Status - Your file is under processing for further examination of your application.

Your police report is Clear.

Following are my Details :

File Ref. No. : A025189
Applicant Name: DEVESHMEET GHOSH

Verification is not done

Respected Sir,

I have submitted the passport application on 16/jan/2007.They asked to submit it again.

so again i submitted the application in the month of March.

Till the enquiry by police department is not done in Guntur(I studied B-Tech in Guntur).

almost 7months completed.But they didnt take any action.