Having problems with Passport?

Passport Customer Service Contacts

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Passport Customer Service. Initial Passport complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Passport above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Passport. Discuss the issues you have had with Passport and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Passportnot received after nearly 5 months

I am absolutely disgusted with your service or lack thereof. I applied for my first passport in 2010. I had never received my us citizenship papers, but I was twenty-one years old and had not planned on any out of the country traveling. no one instructed me that I would/should have received those papers. so when I applied, I had to go to immigration for a copy of the paperwork. they found my parents documents and my original entry into the united states, but nothing regarding my citizenship at age twenty-one. I explained to the detroit, michigan passport office the situation, as I needed to travel for my job. I had to pay $1500.00 and was given a two year passport, plus a whole handful of rudeness. I was not given any information that a limited passport could never be renewed by mail, in person only! there is nothing on your website indicating special circumstances either. I completed the form this past spring, march 2015, submitting it through the mail. after nearly six weeks it came back with the photo torn in half, a letter stating I needed a more recent photo. if you were not going to use my photo, you had no right to damage it as it was not yours to do so. so I attached the second photo, both had been taken the same day as the application had been sent in.
I again waited until early june, 2015 and called in an effort to find out where my passport was as I had plans to travel to canada. I spoke with a pleasant woman from new york in one of your offices, who instructed me this limited passport could only be renewed through a face to face in the local passport and if this was not completed before the sixty day period was reached, I could be deported and would certainly lose my passport fees that I had submitted to the passport office. she expedited the forms, stating I could only go to my local municipality for renewal. the mailing address that the information would need to be sent to would be on the forms that would be either mailed or emailed to me. I was not allowed to submit them myself.
I had to take a day off work as the municipal office closed at 4:00 pm. I took a copy of my citizenship papers, the form I was emailed, the letter for the agent in the municipal office, a passport photo and twenty-five dollars cash. when I got there I presented my driver’s license, citizenship copy, signed forms and cash. the woman at the counter sent me home stating I needed the original citizenship papers, it does not say that on your forms and a brand new passport photo, which I had to find a photo store that, did passport photos. I returned before they closed and was told, she was going to make a copy of my citizenship papers as it did not state it had to be originals. the new passport photo looked identical to the one that had been taken only a few weeks before, she even commented on it. I paid the twenty-five dollars, obtained a receipt and was told I would receive my passport within six weeks. that was june 6, 2015. I have now missed three events in canada that I had planned on attending. I called to complain and was told, ‘so what do you want me to do about it?’ I was on hold three times for an hour each time, to be told too bad. if I screwed up as much as your office does, I would have lost my job. I have been excessively charged fees that I do not believe other people are charged. oh, and when I received my original passport, they included my original citizenship papers.
So, if after this request you find you still do not have all you want or need, kindly be professional and gather all of your requests into one letter before you send it to me. I have plans to go to canada in a few weeks and hope you will not find a way to screw it up again

Passportpassport denied but not all information I sent was considered

II have been trying to get a passport card since Nov of 2014. I last mailed an envelope to your Charleston Passport Center on March 27, 2015. I received a letter from that office dated May 7, 2015 telling me they denied my application because I had not sent in the requested information. But, I did indeed send requested information and more on 3/27/15. That information took a long time to acquire and cost me money as well. I feel as if I have been ignored and cheated. How can I get some help. I don't have the funds to reapply and no one even mentioned anything about the i information I send on March 27. Please, help me. Danny Pena Ref [protected]. I have received correspondence from the Charleston Passport Agency but in none of they correspondence did they refer to the information I sent them in 3/7. I fell as though they ignored it or lost it and it information that was difficult to get and very time consuming.

Passportone pakistani taken my passport and 10000sr

Dear sir my name is kadir ali holding iqama no.[protected] and mobile no. [protected]
      My problem is one of saudi mr. Abdulla al yami ([protected]) offer me job as a safety officer and he asked to transfer with is company and he send one pakistani person mr yasir ([protected]) and he taken my original passport and iqama and 10000 saudi riyal before 2 month but now they are not picking my phone and my transfer also still as it is. Please I am looking for help please help me

one pakistani taken my passport and 10000sr

Passportfinal exit

I have tried to leave this country since three weeks. on 28 may I got my release paper from my company an my hard times started. daily from jvazat they are telling to go terhil and when I went to terhil, waiting for the very very long queue, they are telling me to go jvazat. finally with the help of one guy, in the terhil one officer finalized my exit who not done before and sent me to jvazat again for final stamp. now one week has passed already but my exit still not confirmed. what kind of system available in this country that someone wants to leave but really 3 weeks passed and not confirmed yet. muslim do this to another muslim how?

Passport Services — SCAM or REAL

Scam or Real? goodmorning to all of you guys. London is still nice, i fix my papers and let's see where...

Passportpassport application has been closed?

My name is sushant vijaykumar rajpathak and I had applied for the passport on 18th nov 2011 and my verification for the same has been completed from haveli police station in the month of june 2012. I am receiving following status online:

File reference number : pne-p044079-11 application date : 18-11-2011
          Applicant's name : sushant vijaykumar rajpathak applicant's date of birth : 12-10-1982
          Status : application has been closed, please reapply quoting earlier file number or contact pro.

When I asked at the police station, they have told me that they had forwarded the application to passport office and I shouldn't rely on the online status.

Please guide me what should I do?

Thanking you.

-sushant rajpathak
          +91-[protected]

Passportlost

I hereby file my complaint of my passport which I missed on june 4th, 2012 in and around purasawalkam high road and my residence which is at purasawalkam. after thorough enquiry and searching I found my passport missing confirmed. I request you to kindly register my complaint without any further delay. thank you.
            Your's truely,
            G. lydia greeta anandhi
            85, ponnapa st,
            Purasawalkam, chennai-600084
            Mail id : [protected]@yahoo.com

• Su
                sumitkumargupta Apr 29, 2010

I sumit kumar, age 27years resident of patna, bihar have lost my passport bearing the number g5257006 while commuting a bus in hyderabad, andhra pradesh on 24-04-2010. I have approached the local police station of my locality for complaint of my lost passport but they are ignoring my problem and accepting my application. please help mke in this regard.

Passport — passport

Sir, mam I submit my wife passport application march 2011 in calcutta almost 14 months finish but still I am...

Passportapplication has been transferred to policy section, please see the pro lucknow

It has been alomost 10 months after apllying for the passport and still I dont have any clue about it
              I think its because that I have not used any broker for the services apllied by my self.
              They can use any thing for the reason of delay but I know I have completed all the formalities tree times except paying or offering any bribe.
              My apllicaion no is: lkoa05112711
              And office is lucknow

application has been transferred to policy section, please see the pro lucknow

Ramavatar Gupta Mar 01, 2012

Respected sir
                  Passport application transferred to pro
                  I have applied for a passport on 11 aug 2011, but not yet received it. current status is "application has been transferred to policy section, please see the pro", what is this pro and why my application is transferred there? my application number is lkod00101611. is there any way to cancel this application so that I can reapply in tatkal as I need my passport urgent. please help me. many thanks.

Ministry of external affairs, government of india
                  Application status at various passport offices
                  Select city, enter file reference no., select year of registration and date of birth
                  City file reference no. year date of birth

File reference number : lko-d001016-11 application date : 11-08-2011
                  Applicant's name : ram avatar gupta applicant's date of birth : 03-08-1982
                  status :
                  Application has been transferred to policy section, please see the pro

Grievance: home

Contents provided by the respective passport o

PassportApplication is pending for want of Police Report

Hi
                Applicant's Name : JITENDER KUMAR
                File Reference Number : DLH-Z600142-08
                Application Date : 19-11-2008
                STATUS : Application is pending for want of Police Report.
                My police verification is completed after 2 months of applied date. I have also confirm that from My police station.
                Now please tell me what to do.

Email ID- [protected]@gmail.com
                Mobile- [protected]

RESOLVED

I applied again for passport and got it. Please close this complaint and remove from website. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Mo
                    moon119 Dec 25, 2011

Hi Tiff,
                    I have already given the money to you but you do not give any reply...
                    What is the problem with you ?

• Ho
                    honey_bottom_07 Nov 23, 2011

if anybody needs a passport in USA or issues with VISA services contact me. These are not I can help you get approved I have people who work for state department. I live in GA so if your in the area and would like to chat drop me a email. [email protected]

Passportdelay in passport delivery past 2 months

Sir

My name is Vijay Kumar applied for the passport renewal on dated 26/04/2011 file number:- HYD-F014192-11. I got this process start 4 months back, till know I did not receive the passport in my hand. My organization is asking the passport immediately for official work for which I am unable to give to them. The status of the application in the passport internet portal says the same reason for past one month.
                  ”It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the dispatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be dispatched in a week's time”
                  Please help in getting the passport

vijay

Passportonline status not updated

Hii Sir,

I have applied for the passport on 18-05-2011 under Hyderabad Passport Office.. After 3months I got the online status as police verification is cleared as per the status updated on 11-08-2011.. But from that day onwards the status is not updated.. I think they are not taking care of online status update.. I checked other states online websites which are updated.. But Hyderabad passport office is not updating the status.. Please check it once and try to clear this problem..

online status not updated

Passportpassport delayed for more than one year

Dear sir,
                      this is to bring to your notice that I had applied for a re-issue of passport on 21-07-2010, with file ref no. - Jpr – w060297 -10.The police verification was cleared on 10th jan. 2011.
                      I checked my status on 21-01-2011 that time status was that
                      "police report is clear and the passport is expected to be dispatched
                      by 28-01-2011 and subject to all documents being in order".

I checked my status of passport in march 2011 which changed to
                      "it is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances has been
                      delayed and will now be dispatched in a week's time."
                      On website updated on 03-03-2011

I went there two times and requested they said police report is not clear and I again filled 2 police report form they told me that we will sent these documents to bharatpur officially. Second time police came and meet to me and sent report to passport office.

I went again to passport office on 02-04-2011 at 3.00 pm those people forbid to me nothing can be done this time come tomorrow at 9 pm. I requested again the concerned authorities, the answer was same. Due to some health problem I came to my native place bharatpur, I was suffering by stone problem.

I took 2 months treatment and checked my status on 24th july 2011 status was horrible .
                      It has been reported that you are not residing at the present address
                      given in your passport application. Please explain, why you have given
                      wrong information and furnish your correct residential address with
                      proof.

After that I sent mail to regional passport officer’s email ID : rpo.[protected]@mea.Gov.In
                      with attached photos files of following documents on 27-07-2011

sbi passbook.Jpg ‎ (290.2 kb)
                      sbi passbook last page 13-07-2011.Jpg (292.2 kb)
                      application for character certificate.Jpg ‎ (398.7 kb)
                      police character certificate.Jpg ‎ (511.7 kb)
                      police report page 1 rbm hospital chowki, bharatpur.Jpg ‎ (428.8 kb)
                      police report page 2 rbm hospital chowki, bharatpur.Jpg ‎ (213.6 kb)
                      ration card and gas diary.Jpg ‎ (591.6 kb)
                      gas receipt slip july 2011.Jpg ‎ (260.9 kb)
                      tele phone bill.Jpg ‎ (653.5 kb)
                      ward member's certificate. Jpg ‎ (563.9 kb)
                      voter ID.Jpg ‎ (537.1 kb)
                      voter id2.Jpg ‎ (556.7 kb)
                      and other documents those are very sufficient to prove that I am living here and have my own house and everything like motorbike, bank accounts, lpg connection, telephone connection in bharatpur.
                      Particular address that I gave in my application form. I gave you true information.

If need, I will forward the mails those I sent to rpo jaipur, they ( passport office people ) never reply. They never picked up telephone. I have tried many times.

I requested to you sir, kindly rectify my major problem of mental stress, and help me to issue my renewal passport.

Veer vaibhav mishra s/0 sh. Ramveer mishra
                      43/46- shastri nagar/Ram nagar
                      close to lohagarh sec. School
                      near the central school, bharatpur ( rajasthan) 321001
                      mobile-[protected]

passport delayed for more than one year

Passportdelay in issuing passport after scanning the police verification

hi,
                        I applied for passport in basavangudi post office in oct 10, I was told by the passport agent in post office that the entire process will take 4 months and I will receive the passport only after 4 months, I agreed to it and in nov10 police came for verification and all completed, file moves up to commissioner's office and this office moves the file on 30/11/10 and the regional passport office scanned the same for passport printing on 03/12/10. however whenever I tried to call or get my status update I was only advised to go to commissioner's office saying the file is not moved. when checked with commissioner's office they confirmed me police verfication has been sent out and it was sent through online and how can the RPO scan it when they never received it. the customer care is of no use, they just read what is written and it is the same thing that I check each time online when I track my status. wrote email to headoffice in delhi and it was of no use. I wonder where do I go to get my passport its been 8 months since I applied. I guess this is quite a long wait and test of patience. I need someone to please come up and help me. and the way these passport appointments are working, I have to stand in queue for 4 hours early morning to get one appointment. where as everything required is done on my passport and just that I have not been handed over my passport. can someone help?? raj

Passportnot yet received passport

I didnot receive passport
                          Dear Sir,
                          I have applied passport for my spouse and Police verification also done on 20-03-2011 and report sent to Passport office at a same time after verification . But till now i have not received the Passport.
                          When checking the status on line still shows "Police Report has not been received".
                          Kindly help me to get the Passport as soon as possible

Please have a look into below reference details.
                          File Reference Number : W601531/11
                          Application Date : 24-03-2011
                          Applicant's Name : R. RAM LAKSHMAN REDDY
                          Applicant's Date of Birth : 11-02-1976

Can you please verify it and kindly send me the details to my email address
                          shirisha.[protected]@gmail.com

Thanks in Advance.

Passportnot recieved passport

i have given 2 applications for passport for my mom and dad, Application no- GZB-Z321716-11 in name of Neelam gupta, DOB- 12/12/1957, application dtd- 01/06/2011

2.) Application number - GZB-Z321715 in name of punit Kumar Gupta (DOB) 18/08/1955, app dtd-01/06/2011
                            the file has been completed and sebt to Ghaziabad office but till date the status as per net is that the Police enquiry status not upodated, we confirmed with our local police stations also they have submitted the same and with the agent also, he has in writing with ADM signatiure on same for completion of file. Then why is the same pending . Pls update the status and get the needful done on priority . This is mere delayed of the PROCESS .Pls help me in the same as this is mere harrasment of the common man.

Thanks mn regards
                            neha gupta
                            B ranch Manager
                            phn -[protected]

Passport delay — not given chai paani 2 police

myself shabbir shah, i had applied for passport on [protected], my passport file numer is b018150, police...

Passportpassport delay

Dear Sir,

I have submitted my passport, File no. E00255010 on May 3rd 2010. The police inquiry was done after 11 months, with clear status. However, I have still not received my passport inspite of my several rounds to the passport office. I need my passport sir, as I have to go for pilgrimage to Mecca for Umrah. Please for gods sake, let me have my passport. Hoping for the best.

Regards,

Sirajuddin.

• Ji
                                  JIJIN BABY May 13, 2012

Hello sir/Mam

I am jijin baby. I have applied for a online passport service on 21.10.2011. Police and liu verification is already done before 30.11.2011. But till now my passport is not sent to me. My passport registration no. Is gzb w200021-11. My details are given below-
                                  name- jijin baby
                                  dob- 11.12.1983
                                  e-mail ID- "[email protected]"

please check these details and let me know where is my passport as soon as possible.

Thanks
                                  jijin baby

rahimkhan Apr 01, 2012

my name is kishore pagidi
                                  my reference id number is A042329
                                  my date of birth is 15-08-1986
                                  my application date is [protected] (in tatkal)

but i have no received my passport till to date...
                                  please what is the reason.. when you are sent my passport..
                                  my email address is [email protected]

• Di
                                  divi57 Jan 31, 2012

Iam kesapragada divya harshita. file reference number : z513140-10
                                  I applied in the year 2010.
                                  Date of birth : 5th july, 1991.
                                  I submitted all the forms mentioned in the checklist.
                                  Verification was done at my hometown (guntur) as well as my current residence (hyderabad).
                                  Iam studying at bits pilani hyderabad campus.
                                  I have been checking my status since so long. it always said that it would be delivered in a weeks time.
                                  But when I checked recently, it said "application has been transferred to policy section, please see the pro".
                                  Please enlighten me on what this actually means.
                                  I need my passport at the earliest so that I can apply for gre and other entrance exams.
                                  I asked the police verification officer who comes to my college on what the status is.
                                  I couldnt get solid information from him on what iam supposed to do.
                                  Please help me.

• Ka
                                  KatiePnt Jun 22, 2011

When a dog comes into my care and is emaciated I absolutly question what is going on. it's in my nature to be concerned if I see neglet or abuse whether animal or human. when ribs show thru the coat of a border collie there's a problem.

• In
                                  indu soti Jun 22, 2011

Hello sir
                                  This is vaishali soti, I applied my passport on 20th dec 2010 and police enquiry has been completed on march but my passport did not issue till now and no information is there till now. sir please tell me what should I do? sir its very very urgent sir please sir try to understand sir.
                                  My passport file no. is - gzba054554-10
                                  Sir please do some thing sir please

Rathina Apr 19, 2011

Personal particulars form - file reference number: a02478509 - application date: 30/12/09 - applicant's name: vidjealatchoumy - applicant's gender: female - place of birth: pondicherry - applicant's date of birth: 12/10/76.

It has been one year and four months (i. e. 476 days from the date of application) when I applied for passport in dec'09 but till so far we have not received my passport. reference to the application for fresh passport for my wife, vidjealatchoumy vide file reference no. a02478509 dated 30th december 2009. I would like to submit the true facts for your kind consideration and necessary action. with reference to the online passport status, she was asked to resubmit the proof of address.

Police verification was done on 06/feb/2010, 20/feb/2010 and on 21/feb/2010. reverification was done on 08/june/2010 and 10/june/2010 due to address proof. as per madiwala police record the final report was send to commissioner office on 17/june/2010. I personnally verified on 18/june/2010 at madiwala ps through mr. eswarappa ruli and mr basha.

I have posted a letter on 14/may/2010 with all copies of necessary address proofs and 3 pp form. she has also approached superintendent (enquiry) on 31/may/2010 but not success. subsequently, the office of the rpo, bangalore vide their letter dated 31/may/2010 requested for personal particulars form, which was submitted to the pro personally on 01/july/2010. once again she approached rpo, bangalore on 12/july/2010, as per the email reply from mr. jayaram, acp madivala sub division office, stated with police commissioner office sl. no. 19 and g. r. no. 230/10 (good report number) dt. 22/6/2010, but enquiry office does not allowed us to meet passport officer. on the other hand pondicherry regional passport office, verified parament address proof on 11/june/2010. and everytime we've approached we've been asked to submit address proof and a letter from local bank (as address proof) again. on 30/march 2011, I have submitted all copies of proof and paid rs. 5, 000/ — and received a receipt from rpo, bangalore. its now one year and four months (i. e. 476 days from the date of application). I have no idea how long it is going to take.

Could you possibly assist, and if so, could you explain what I am possibly doing wrong, if so, please escalate this request to appropriate person. kindly help us in getting a passport for her at the earliest and please feel free to contact me on [protected].

Sabapathy

• Sy
                                  syed muti ur rahman haashir Apr 01, 2011

Dear sir,
                                  I have applied for my son s' passport on 27th january 2011. the police enquiry was over. the clear report has been send to regional passport office hyd. but the passport has not come yet. the file no is - z350177/11, s. b. no-pwz1119/11. outward no-311, serial no-2. please send the passport.
                                  Thanking you

• At
                                  atulshah Oct 29, 2009

thi is atul shah from coimbatore and i have submitted my passport application on the 11/08/09 and on the 18/08/09 the police verification has been done but till date my passport has not been recieved by me and the govt site is showing that due to unaviodable delay the passport has been delayed.kindly look into the matter and i will be very grateful.warm regards atul shah.
                                  my file no is Z 352661

• Pa
                                  pavan Aug 27, 2007

Hi,

We applied for passport in feb at my native place. there police failed bec we r in hyd. so we gave request for re-enquiry in hyd. police came and completed verification 2 months back. still now we didn't get passport. we went to passport office, sec 6 times. there is no proper responce. last wednesday we went to adhalath. they said with in 2 days we will send passport. still now we didn't get passport. it's very urgent. can you pls help me in this?

Passportnon receipt of passport

File reference no. a305950 dt. 19-10-2010 manam vasudeva rao, vijayawada. the status indicates that the passport will be sent in a week. remarks remain for the past three months. it is regretted to note such unwelcome remark. status of application may be elucated immediately.

• Ca
                                    CA Amit Garg May 06, 2010

Dear sir/madam,
                                    I wish you a very good day. I have been alloted the passport no. about one month back but the same has not been received by me yet, so I request you to please see the matter for delay and do the needfull.
                                    Application no. a009999

CA Amit Garg May 06, 2010

I have bee alloted

• Pr
                                    pramod singhai Aug 08, 2009

I had applied for passport at jaipur no. a 057386 dt 23 sep when I was student at banasthali vidha pith near jaipur. now I am at permant address at sagar [m. p] kindly sent from naina singhai

Passportdelay in getting passport

Hi sir,

I Applied for the Passport on August 27th 2010 in Tatkal and my file No is HYD-F027455-10. Still i haven't received my Passport police enquiry has been done three months back and its more than 3 months. Because of the delay i missed my opportunities to travel abroad also.

Kindly take this issue serious and please issue my passport as early as possible other wise tell me details that i need to do to get my passport.

shashi kiran