Italian General Consulate In London Logo

Italian General Consulate In London

Having problems with Italian General Consulate In London?

Italian General Consulate In London reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 31, 2015. The latest review Lack of communication, no one willing to take responsibility was posted on Mar 27, 2021. Italian General Consulate In London has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 27 reviews. Italian General Consulate In London has resolved 0 complaints.

Italian General Consulate In London Customer Service Contacts

Sat9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
SunClosed

Italian General Consulate In London Complaints & Reviews

Mar 27, 2021

Italian General Consulate in London — Lack of communication, no one willing to take responsibility

In December 2020 I requested an appointment to renew my passport, set to expire in April 2021. I was informed...

Italian Consulate In LondonPassport renewal

I am having the same problem as many others on this page. I am trying to renew my daughter's italian passport. Because her mother is Japanese, according to the Consulate's policies and procedures, she must attend in person to the passport office. Easier said than done. It has been impossible to actually book an appointment using one of the numbers provided. All you get is automated messages but no real help/support. It is highly frustrating and I am appalled at this shameful level of service provided, service that is almost non-existent. What am I to do to have my daughter's passport renewed? Who do I need to call? Where do I need to go? Eventually, I wrote again asking for an answer to my questions and all I got was the same automated reply email :(

Italian General Consulate in LondonImpossible make appointment for a new passport once that my has been stolen

Since July/2020 I can't book appointment on Prenota to make a new passport in London. They never open vacancies as they promise on website and the days get closed in Prenota without any book. I already sent many emails asking for help, I access every single day, they blocked my acesa because too many acesa and I can't have a new passport. It's so disgusting, they should work and solve this. I doubt that in 6 months they have no vacancy available for who needs. They say that they are open for emergency but any case is not a emergency. So they are no open for anything. My passport has been stolen since June/2020, I sent documentation informing that it has been stolen, I've sent email also and nothing happen. I don't know how to do it. I cannot travel to Italy and pay more for a document that a embassy/consulate should be supportive to help citizens to do easily.

Italian General Consulate in LondonPassport / security and reception

I have been today with my cousin at Italian consul, it was the most frustration and horrible experience ever. Very racist and homophobic. The reception even checked my documents and email after I said to be Brazilian. I have Italian passport as well the tried to push me and screamed at mine. The guy took the mask out and tried push me everybody thought that he wanna hit me. My young cousin get was very afraid about he situation and very humiliate. This is 2020 and people has not respect yet. Also we asked for his documents that he sent 7 months ago and he said that Brazilians has no place there. Disgusting.

Italian General Consulate in LondonPassport renewal

It is beyond me how in 2020 a consulate is unable to provide a basic service to Italian citizens.
        Covid should not be used as an excuse for internal disorganization!
        My passport expires on October 6th 2020. I have been trying to get it renewed since June! However, not only the office in London has been shut all summer it is also impossible to get through to them on the phone. The phone line doesn't even have a queuing system, but merely a message saying the line is busy call again later.
        The book online service does not show any available dates to book an appointment. The website says that at 7pm every day there are new slows released, but this is totally untrue.
        I am now finding myself unable to book a flight to Italy to see my family during half term or Christmas. It's simply unacceptable.
        I would like someone to put me in the right direction to get my passport renewed, as this is the only form of ID I have.

Italian General Consulate in LondonImpossible to get an answer to questions in order to apply for a passport

I am trying to apply for my son's Italian passport. The guidance on the Consulate's website is incomplete and since the offices are closed and phone lines unmanned due to Covid I sent my queries using the online contact form.
          All I got was an automated response stating that my questions were already covered in the FAQ page. I looked at the page and none of my questions are covered there.
          So I wrote again asking for an answer to my questions and all I got was the same automated email.
          It is shameful and despicable that Italian citizens in London have to deal with this level of misservice and are unable to even get in touch with their consulate office.

Apr 14, 2020

Italian General Consulate in London — italy visa application service refund

Hello, I've applied for Italian visa on 6th of March. All the documents were accepted in Manchester...

Italian General Consulate in Londonregistration services

I sent documents to Italian consulate almost a year ago, to register a birth. I haven't heard back since. I call every Tuesday during the 1.5 hour slot when the service is supposed to be available. Nobody answers the phone, a message asking to call back is always on. I emailed countless times, no response. I do not know what to do next. The consulate us not performing its primary function. You can see my experience is mirrored by Italian citizens who have been trying to access consulate services.

Nov 07, 2019

Italian General Consulate in London — passport

In 2018 my passport expired, so I tried to call the embassy no response impossible to go through the line...

Italian General Consulate in Londoncitizenship

Your website booking system Prenota online is not fit for purpose. I have attempted for three years to make an appointment for citizenship. You only release 6 apps per week and every time I log in these spots turn red Immediately, the website has also crashed on many occasion as there are too many people trying to book, you need a telephone booking system and face to face option as well. It is simply ridiculous.

Oct 24, 2019

Italian General Consulate in London — passport renewal

Still waiting for my Italian passport after months, just for a renewal, the Italian Consulate should be...

Italian General Consulate in Londonstaff

I am absolutely disgusted with the behaviour of the staff at the Italian Consulate in London. I have sent over 5 emails over a period of 6 months and have never received a reply. I was forced to give them my daughter's original birth certificate (British) because I had not yet registered her. I was not given a choice to order a copy and get an apostille. The original birth certificate has great sentimental value for us.
                The service and the way they treat people is appalling. They had me in tears many times for other reasons.

Italian General Consulate in Londonrenewed passport didn’t arrive.

My name is Rodolfo Cristofaro Caixeta, I have renewed my Italian Passport on 22/07/2019 during the afternoon appointment, the attendant said to me that during the afternoon appointments, they would delivery my passport by post and it could take up to 30 days. It's being almost 60 days and I didn't get it or any reply from the emails that I have sent to them to report the issue.
                  I honestly have no other way to communicate with them as all the landlines doesn't work and I do not get any replies from the email that I have sent.
                  It is a very embarrassing and frustrating situation and I really hope that I can solve this issue effectively.
                  Kind regards

Rodolfo

Italian General Consulate in Londonapplication for a declaration of value submitted in october 2017

I am a British citizen residing in Italy and for my current job require a declaration of value of my school qualifications ( G.C.S.E.)
                    Back in October 2017 I sent to the Italian Consulate the application form, all relevant documents and included a postal order for payment. As time went by I sent numerous emails and letters trying to ascertain what had happened to my application, at first the answer was they had never received it, then due to Brexit there were delays. Finally in August 2018 they acknowleged possession of this application but informed me the postal order had expired and therefore needed another payment . I immediately made a bank transfer on 23.8.2018 and of course sent a copy to the Consulate. Since this date once again despite various communication on my part I never heard further, until now August 2019 when after almost 2 years my application and documents have been returned without the declaration of value !!! Plus no covering letter and/or explanation as to why .
                    Can someone please help or advise since I have incurred various expenses ( apostille, 2 payments ) but above all I still need this declaration of value for my current job.
                    Yours faithfully

Dear Sirs,

Re: HIGH PRIORITY- Application for Italian Passport submitted on 31/01/2019
                      TR. NUMBER - SF 5909 7660 3GB:
                      NAME:- PARASILITI-HOLT SAM GIUSEPPE

I have on numerous occasions contacted you to enquire about my passport application. I submitted my application, along with supporting documents and postal order for £101.70 on 31/01/2019. The payment has been processed, and the money taken out of my bank account.

On 14/02/19 I received am email entitled, "dati anagrafigi PARASILITI BELLOCCHI Sam Giuseppe Postali adulti in attesa pos". I had the email translated and understood that it was to request my approval to use the name Parasiliti Bellocchi, which is my father's surname and name in which he registered me at the Italian Consulate. My name on my British passport is Parasiliti-Holt. I gave my approval for this. Please see copy of email below.

This was the last communication I received in respect of my passport application. I am concerned that it has caused some confusion.

This matter is now extremely urgent, as I will be travelling abroad in the next 4 weeks and require my passport.

I am writing to request, that you send me an immediate response to my enquiry. When can I expect to receive my passport? Has my application been processed, and if not what is the reason for this?

I will be making a formal complaint to the Italian Embassy as the situation is totally unacceptable . On submitting my application I was informed that my application would take 6 weeks. It has now been nearly 8 months and I have not received any communication from you since February 2019.

Please reply directly, as the matter is extremely urgent. I have included my contact number which is [protected].

Yours sincerely

Parasiliti-Holt, S.G
                      Email received on 14/02/2019 from Consolato Generale d'Italia Londra - Ufficio Passaporti
                      passaporti.[protected]@esteri.it

Gentile signor Parasiliti Bellocchi

Il suo atto di nascita è stato trascritto in Italia
                      Con il suo cognome paterno ( come prevedeva la
                      Legge italiana fino al 2008),
                      per questo motivo il suo passaporto potrà essere
                      stampato solo con questo cognome.
                      La preghiamo di farci sapere se intende procedere
                      Lo stesso con l'emissione del passaporto oppure
                      Se vuole ritarare la richiesta.
                      Le ricordiamo che in base alla nuova normativa,
                      potrà richiedere al Comune di Lentini il ripristino
                      del cognome come era nel suo certificato originale UK.
                      In attesa di conoscere le sue intenzioni
                      Le porgiamo i nostri

Cordiali Saluti/ Kind Regards,

Jul 29, 2019

Italian General Consulate in London — ridiculous..

I can't accept the way how this Consolato can treat the people like this. No chair to seat for all, no air...

Italian General Consulate in Londonmy passport

I renewed my passport in Liverpool and payed £156.they said it would take two months and that was from 14/3/19 and I still have not received it and I'm dew to fly on the 29/6/19 on holiday and they know this sent e mails and a letter to London an they don't even bother to reply and it's a lot of money to lose I can not under stand why the don't let me know what's going on never had this problem before got my no bother from Manchester the last time but the consulate closed down there why are they so ignorant.

May 10, 2019

Italian General Consulate in London — passport

Hello my name is Christian marotta I want to make a complaint due to the fact for last couple weeks I have...

Italian General Consulate in Londoncitizenship and passport

I am very disappointed about this consulate for two reasons.
                          First, i've applied for my marriage citizenship two years ago, spend a lot of money and time to get all my documents and paid someone to translate everything.
                          After two years, and I am married for five years, they sent me a message saying my application has been denied, simple like that. I said i've got all the documents and they didn't answered me back. Money and documents to the bin now?
                          Second, we are going to travel next 8th may and i've been advised to renew my son's passport before. I sent on 16th march and today is 1st may. Where is the passport?! I know they've got an emergency travel document, but this is a disrespect for everybody. I don't want to pay more for nothing.
                          If it is not possible to reverse my case, please, give me my son's passport as soon as possible. Please.

Leonardo creti
                          Email: [protected]@hotmail.com
                          Phone: [protected] / [protected]

Italian General Consulate in Londonpassport not returned submitted 16/02/19

Please answer your emails
                            Your staff at London call centre are a disgrace
                            They unhelpful, rude and don't give any information and when ask to speak to a manager they gave [protected] which is another call centre.

Medical evidence has been sent via email but no reply to any emails.

How am I meant to communicate with the Italian Consulate.

When is the passport meant to be returned
                            My mum needs to get to Italy her brother is dying. You had her passport for 10 weeks.