Optimum / general billing issue

Moved to a new residence. Continued internet service from previous residence. Was told that I could return the equipment from the previous residence to the technician/installer when they showed up to set up internet. Gave him my equipment to return and asked if there was anything else I needed to do. "No", was the response. One month later, I'm being charged for a late fee on returning the equipment. I call customer service for the first time. "Hey. Why am I being charged this late fee when I returned the equipment to the technician when he set up my internet?". "Oh. Don't worry about that. We've fixed it on our end and you won't be charged for it in the end." My bill posts a few weeks later. I am charged for the late fee. I call back customer service for the second time. "Hey. Why was I charged this late fee even though I was told already that I would not be?" "Oh. That was an error on our end. We've already put through a credit for that on to your account." "Were you going to let me know that this was the case and why would you not ask me if I'd rather have it be refunded, as it should be?" "Well, I'm trying to help you here. We can only move forward from this... (in an angry tone) "I realize that, but do you understand that you've charged my account incorrectly and could have made my account overdraft for no fault of my own?" -no response- "Please refund me the amount for the late fee...". There was absolutely no sympathy at all from this customer service representative and no sense of, "Oh I'm very sorry about this sir". Just a smug, "It's your problem, not mine", type of attitude towards me. Who taught this person how to interact with human beings? What a God awful experience.

Fl
Sep 14, 2018

Comments

• Fa
      14th of Sep, 2018

You should complain the email addresses and phone numbers on this page, https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/altice-usa/