[Resolved] Netspend / debit cards not honored

1 Saint Petersburg, FL, United States

I purchased 2 cards from my local cvs as gifts and did not activate them until a year later at which time they would not activate. I called and was told that all i needed to do was get a new card issued in my name and the balance would be transferred over, no problem. When i called to activate the new card and transfer the balance i was told that they had taken the full balance away from both cards as fees as i had not activated them...This is stealing how do you charge fees for an unused card plus tell a customer that as long as they get a new card they will get the balance transferred? I am requesting they credit my new card for the amount that i purchased the original cards for, $100.00

• Resolution statement

• NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, Jan 11, 2016

Hello,
    We're sorry for any inconvenience you have been caused. Please contact us at chuck@netspend.com to help us fully address your concern and to help us get your information to review the account.

Re