Netflix / shipment delay

My DVD wasn't lost. it was delivered yesterday and it was late. I called customer support but, they said they could do nothing.

I've heard of Netflix delaying shipment to keep the number of DVDs circulating below a certain number. But, in this case it's just upsetting to the consumer. Why would one DVD take 2 days to arrive and another 6? Do the mail delivery people take them home, watch them and then carefully replace them and deliver many days later???

In the final analysis, this may not be the best business decision.

- just one customer's thoughts

Va

Comments

• Dr
      28th of Nov, 2008

I just canceled membership with Netflix after 2 years. More and more often films sent back were stalled a couple days (always the post office's fault) before being logged in. Twice in last 2 months they sent the wrong film in the correct sleeve (customer's fault). About 1 in ten films arrived smashed (post office's fault). And their biggest scam is that about 30-40% of films never come from local Netflix center, so there's another stall of 2-3 days while you wait for films to come from Philadelphia or Worcester. New films are always a LONG WAIT so there's no point in expecting new releases from Netflix.

And their customer serive is a pain in the ###. All they do is argue (and not listen) since they've heard all the same customer complaints over and over again (no surprise).

They do everything they can think of to slow down rentals and maintain control of how many films you get per month.

NETFLIX = RIP OFF.

28th of Apr, 2009

I am a new member (for almost a month now) and have only received 1 MOVIE!!! In 3 weeks only 1 FREAKING MOVIE! This is totally unacceptable. I think if enough customers complain and cancel their membership they may be swayed to change their business practices. I told customer service that I would cancel before they charged me for another month, they are simply not doing a good job and I refuse to pay for HORRIBLE SERVICE!