National City Bank / hold on deposits

1 Farmington Hills Ypsilan, MI, United States Review updated:

A check I deposited was put on a 5 day hold - this is a check from my financial advisor, Primerica, drawn on a PNC account. I asked why is there such a long hold on their "parent company" check and was told the merger was not complete and PNC was, therefore, a separate bank. Because of this long hold that I was not expecting, my account is in a negative balance and NCB has started assessing overdraft fees to my account and will continue until the hold is released after the 5 day hold is complete. I asked the branch manager where I opened my account to release the hold and refund the fees - she said I had to contact the branch where I made the ATM deposit. I contacted that branch manager who referred me to the other branch - bouncing me back and forth. Both refused to help me - I have filed a complaint with the Office of the Comptroller and my state's attorney general. I told each manager that once my account is settled, and they're done making money off of me, I will be moving my $$$ to a credit union.

Neither one seemed to care.

Comments

• Sb
      22nd of Sep, 2009

Yes, I am moving to credit union TODAY! I can't stand this! No wonder they had to be bought out by PNC. But PNC is not much better.
    I wish National City would go bankrupt.