National Car Rental / fraudulent charge
I have been renting cars for business use with National for several years. In particular I have rented from Edmonton Airport location (Alberta) four times over last six months. In general things were OK until my most recent experience. When I returned the car the check-in clerk went directly to the right side of the car and pointed out scratch on the rim. It definitely felt like he knew that damage was there from before. I was foolish enough not to do detailed inspection of the car at the pickup. When travelling on business one does not always have time to do that. I simply trusted their “detailed” inspection. To my surprise I was provided with the repair bill of for $329. After several phone calls I have quickly realized that they really do not value my business (they sold 3, 000 worth of my business for one 300 fraudulent claim…I do not get it). In addition they charged me for 1/8 of the tank although I refueled minutes before returning the car. I even presented the receipt. To be fair, I managed to get that money back after talking to the branch manager.
In any case, they will never see me as a customer again. For all of you out there BE AWARE, they’ll get you if you let your guard down for just a minute.
More National Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] National Car Rental - charging me for damage I know nothing about 
- National Car Rental - no snow tires 
- National Car Rental - changed the rate when I returned the car 
- National Car Rental And Avis Rentals - their a fraud there's no web site on them their already on the complaints board
- National Car Rental - terrible company
- National Car Rental - charge previous bumps and scratches
- [Resolved] National Car Rental - poor unethical behaviour
- [Resolved] National Rental Car - do not rent
- [Resolved] National Car Rental - series
- National Car Rental - bad customer service and being overcharged