National Car Rental / fraudulent charge

Canada, Alberta, Edmonton Review updated:
I have been renting cars for business use with National for several years. In particular I have rented from Edmonton Airport location (Alberta) four times over last six months. In general things were OK until my most recent experience. When I returned the car the check-in clerk went directly to the right side of the car and pointed out scratch on the rim. It definitely felt like he knew that damage was there from before. I was foolish enough not to do detailed inspection of the car at the pickup. When travelling on business one does not always have time to do that. I simply trusted their “detailed” inspection. To my surprise I was provided with the repair bill of for $329. After several phone calls I have quickly realized that they really do not value my business (they sold 3, 000 worth of my business for one 300 fraudulent claim…I do not get it). In addition they charged me for 1/8 of the tank although I refueled minutes before returning the car. I even presented the receipt. To be fair, I managed to get that money back after talking to the branch manager.
In any case, they will never see me as a customer again. For all of you out there BE AWARE, they’ll get you if you let your guard down for just a minute.
Jun 18, 2015

N  23rd of Jun, 2015 by
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us a detailed email to Care@Alamo.com with complete details including: Renter’s full name, current phone number, location rented, rental agreement (RA) number, “DX” or claim number and reference # 150623-002966. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. -Tatiana

National Car Rental Logo National Car Rental