Monroe Muffler / Stay away!

This happened at the Fredonia Dunkirk store. I had been going to this shop for a little while. They told me they would fix my car because it wasn't starting. They made opps. and broke them before two weeks later they took my car in for a full day and didn't do a thing to it and gave it back to me telling me to clean my battery terms my self because he was gonna charge me 50$ for it and it would save me money. It doesn't work so I make an opp to bring the car back in. he ends up doing the termsinals himself, charging the 50 for it and my car still didn't work. so I bring it in 2 weeks later (mind you this hole time this is my only mode of trans so I'm sitting in my work parking lot everyday trying to crank the car) "VERY EMBARRISING" The one worker tells me that my alternator is bad. They replace it the same day and they broke my 500 dollar navi cd player in the process. I worked with them for a while on it bringing my car in every other day just for them to say that they a=re "gonna fix it" To make a big loooong story short I called there corporate and they were very unprofessional. They have been ripping of college kids in the area for awhile now and should be stopped.

Jo

Comments

• Pj
      15th of Dec, 2011
    Monroe Muffler - Bad business
    Monroe Muffler

On Oct 4, 2017 at apprx. 3pm I drove into Monroe's in Orangeburg, SC, parked and stood in front of the work area. After waiting a few minutes with no assistance an employee came out of the office and spoke to one of the workers. He then asked me if I needed any help. I replied I needed someone to check my air pressure. He replied it would be about an hour. I replied just to get pressure checked! He replied they had paying customers inside. I said I just need my pressure checked. He replied once again about paying customers. I said thank you and I went to Goodyear up the street and received pressure check and air in 60 seconds. I felt all he had to do was take a gauge and check my pressure. It was my first visit at Monroe's in Orangeburg and it will be my LAST!

• Ho
      27th of Apr, 2012

You were one of the lucky ones that learned your lesson cheap. Most of us have absorbed expenses that cost us.