Mcdonalds / food handling

1 Walmart, Trinity Drive AreaMoncon, New Brunswick, Canada Review updated:

I ordered an Egg McMuffin from the McDonald Restaurant in the WalMart store in Moncton and the man, who took my order, handled my bills and change, as well as 3 other customers money and debit cards. He then went and got out the bacon and put it on the grill, opened the cheese for the other man who was supposed to be doing the cooking. My comlaint is that the man never washed his hands or wore gloves before handling the food. I would like to know why employees of McDonalds, who handle food, do not have access to disposable gloves - they should have them on and change them frequently if handling the till and money

Da

Comments

Bi
  29th of Sep, 2008

Don't worry, I'm sure he washed his hands after using the washroom.

Li
  29th of Oct, 2008

You see, what a lot of people don't realize...is we have Hand Sanitizer EVERYWHERE in the stores. There's hand sanitizer in the grill area, front counter area, hand washing area, and drive-thru area. He probably used hand sanitizer and you just didn't see it.
And we DO have access to disposible gloves, some people just don't like to use them. They also get dirty really easily. And they may melt when used near the grill.

Ag
  29th of May, 2009

i also was at a macdonalds today and ordered a chicken wrap i seen the waitor guy touch his face money from other people and buttons on the machine for odering then go and touch burger pattis as well as frozen chicken patis so i googled macdonalds food handiling to see why this is allowed i then came across this web site im going to be contacting health canada about this to get an awnswer also he did NOT use hand sanitizer he literally went from rubbing his face to the till to the grill and i did NOT see any hand sanitizer anyware this is disgusting and not the first time ive seen something like this

Je
  19th of Jul, 2009

McDonald's are untouchable! They have their HACCP books all filled in regardless of if the actual requirement of cleaning legislation. even if it has not been followed or practiced ! A family member use to work as an all night cleaner and they would not supply us with hot water and it was always minimum cleaning products supplied. ( the cleaning manager got a yearly bonus if she kept to a £50 a month cleaning budget! )

Also, because they're top rank on the FTSE 100, the big bad boys will always win any court case when it comes to due diligence, suing etc

I would like to point out that my store did not have handwash readily available at optimum points within the cooking areas.

The white shirts are the only ones who get yearly bonuses and the poor monekys doing a hard graft get nothing.

Jc
  13th of Aug, 2009

I also witnessed a supervisor no less, making burgers using her bare hands to handle the lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, etc and then go to the freezer and put meat patties on the grill. When I questioned her, she said all Macdonald across Canada use their bare hands to make food. She claimed she would wash her hands before going back to making burgers, but I saw her go back to the counter without washing anything. I also have seen people using their bare hands to reach into fruit to make toppings. There is definitely no washing or saniting going on. I have contacted the health department and want to know why they are getting away with it. I'm also going to contact the news media and their competition. I thing if Tim Hortuns, Burger King, etc. get together they can devleop ad campaigns to bring this to the publics attention. If anyone has contacts, please let them know. This could be a world wide story.