McDonalds / untrained / unsupervised staff

1 1652 Bruckner Blvd.Bronx, NY, United States Review updated:

Hello to all my fellow fustrated customers,

I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old at home that just love McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.
At approx 12:00pm, on Thursday February 18, 2010. I experienced my worst encounter at a nyc McDonalds.
I had just made my $17.82 purchase at this McDonald Drive Through, when I noticed that the cashier had not
given me all of my change. When I asked for all of my change the cashier began to us profanity and call me names, all because I asked for the rest of my change which was $.18. I told this cashier that it did not matter the amount but the fact that it belonged to me rightfully and that I wanted it. The cashier then at this point went into his pants pocket and threw a case quarter at me through the window of my vehicle.Words were exchanged and that point I was told by this cashier to exit my vehicle so that he could "cut my Face". I then went into the McDonalds and asked for the manager and that all of my money to be refunded to me at once. I was told by another employee that this cashier was related to the manager which I found out is also the owner of this establishment.After all of what just happened the only thing that the manager/owner said was here is your change.

I had frequented this establishment for the past two years and never had any issues or complaints until today.
I would not enter this establishment ever again, and would not recommend that anyone else do the same.

Rs

Comments

• Jh
      27th of Mar, 2011

As a restaurant manager at a McDonalds myself, I am with you 100%! This was just completely unacceptable. I am so sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. It sounds to me like a supervisor needs to do some serious stepping in. Make sure that next time you have an experience like that, you report it to the 800 number on the side of your cup/bag. It is a customer complaint number. Believe it or not, it does actually make it back to the store within 24 hours of your report. The restaurant manager is then required to call the person that made the complaint to make things right with you. At my store we are very good with follow up. I am sure there are stores out there that don't even look at them. I suppose it all depends on the district manager and how strict they are on making people follow the policies of the store.