Mcdonald's - Ahmedabad / bad service again & again...

1 India Review updated:

On 02nd January 2007 at about 18:45 hrs, I visited McDonald's family restaurant, Himalaya Mall, Gurukul road, Ahmedabad-380052 (ph: [protected], [protected]) and had purchased 5 McAloo Tikkies for Rs 100/- (invoice no. [protected]). A staff member wearing apron was giving Aloo Tikki to other one to get it sandwiched using a typical spoon. While passing such things I noticed at least one piece fell down (on the tiled floor!) and immediately it was put in the collection basket back and got mixed along with other tikkies. So your food is not hygienic. But at restaurants that too like McDonald's, cleanliness is highly expected. Then I called the manager and told this. He was defending as though nothing much happened. In India, we are eating the food when it falls on the floor, where we walk with shoes/chappals! In many popular restaurants, such might happen but in closed kitchen where customers cannot see such things. Either you keep a camera in the serving area or cover/curtain that area where you dirty service boys do work and deliver items and later nicely come out via machine-tray to reach customers. What is the point in wearing gloves when you serve the items that fall on the floor?

I know now you would send me a standard ready-made reply as the following: "Greetings from McDonald's! Thank you for writing in to us. Please accept our apologies for not replying sooner. We regret to learn that your experience at our restaurant was not up to your expectations. The quality of our food is very important and, with every customer, we're committed to serving the highest quality products possible. We have discussed your complain with the concerned restaurant manager for the necessary action. At McDonald's, we always try to serve our customers to the best of our abilities and their expectations - if not more. And hence, suggestions, observations and feedback from our valued customers help us identify areas of opportunity in our restaurants. We will make sure that apt measures are taken to ensure that the high level of service standards, for which McDonald's is renowned the world over, are consistently maintained. We look forward to an opportunity to serve you again. Thanking you."

Yours truly,
A S Rao

Va

Comments

• Bi
      1st of Feb, 2008

Only losers eat at McDonald's

• Sm
      30th of Nov, 2008

When we call for placing an order, the people are trying to dissuade us from making the order by saying it will take very long, there are too few staff today, or some such comment. Ultimately when we still persist, the order comes in a short time. Why does this happen ?

• De
      10th of Jan, 2016

Worst experience motera(chandkheda) branch.I have asked counter (order)boy two-three things abt less salt products because one of my family member have blood pressure problem.instead of attend me he asked otherboy to take order... And he left his counter... What is tis nonsense... I think u don't train your staff how to help customers...I asked management about this they said they ll take step

Anyway I ll not let it so easily I ll post on Facebook and twitter tooo. So other customers ll not face same..
    And as customers we have to right not only 2-3 things but we can ask 10 things about your meals...
    ...thanks
    From
    Your customer but not in future..