Maytag Washing Machine / we wasted $480 on a machine we had a little over a year!
My mother bought a Maytag washing machine on November 2, 2017 at Home Depot. Eight months after buying the machine she had to have a Maytag service provider come to replace the belt. Just three days ago, one year and six weeks after buying the machine it broke. We had a Maytag service provider come to the house and he told us that the transmission is broken on the machine and it would cost her about $200 to replace it and she would be better off buying a new machine. Then she had to pay the service guy $58.30 for telling her that her machine was broken.
We finally got Maytag to replace the transmission only to have it then break again in February. They fixed it again and it broke again in April and we had to pay $150 to have it fixed - a week later it was broken.
We through the washing machine out and bought a new one. We will never again buy a maytag or whirlpool (since they merged) product again. We are renovating our entire kitchen and we are buying all GE appliances due to the fact that they stand behind their products.
My suggestion is STAY AWAY FROM MAYTAG AND WHIRLPOOL products - we wasted $480 on a machine we had a little over a year.
More Maytag Washing Machine Complaints & Reviews
- Maytag - won't clean dishes! 
- Maytag / French Door Refrigerator - problems with the ice maker! 
- Maytag Atlantis Washing Machine - spin cycle problems 
- Maytag Quiet Series 200 Dishwasher - piece of junk! 
- Maytag - maytag centennial washer 
- [Resolved] Maytag - maytag washing machine mat15mn 
- Maytag - maytag top load with agitator
- Maytag Appliance Home Depot - stove 
- Maytag - warranty not paid
- Maytag - dishwasher