Maytag Washing Machine / we wasted $480 on a machine we had a little over a year!

My mother bought a Maytag washing machine on November 2, 2017 at Home Depot. Eight months after buying the machine she had to have a Maytag service provider come to replace the belt. Just three days ago, one year and six weeks after buying the machine it broke. We had a Maytag service provider come to the house and he told us that the transmission is broken on the machine and it would cost her about $200 to replace it and she would be better off buying a new machine. Then she had to pay the service guy $58.30 for telling her that her machine was broken.

We finally got Maytag to replace the transmission only to have it then break again in February. They fixed it again and it broke again in April and we had to pay $150 to have it fixed - a week later it was broken.

We through the washing machine out and bought a new one. We will never again buy a maytag or whirlpool (since they merged) product again. We are renovating our entire kitchen and we are buying all GE appliances due to the fact that they stand behind their products.

My suggestion is STAY AWAY FROM MAYTAG AND WHIRLPOOL products - we wasted $480 on a machine we had a little over a year.

Jennifer
Eatontown, NJ

Comments

• Va
      11th of Dec, 2006

The maytag store in Canada (Mississauga) located in Mavis/britania promise me that they going to deliver the washer this Saturday (Dec 9 2017). I took my day off to be at home for the delivery but they left a message(Dec 6) and said they cannot deliver the item because they have to re-order the washer. I went to the store Monday (Dec 4). Before you promise for the delivery be sure you have a stock. They said that they can get it by the end of the month. Its very discouraging for the customer because I need the washer so badly. I don't need the refund but I need the washer immediately.

14th of Mar, 2007

I purchased a Maytag washing machine about six months ago. It recently broke and will not drain the water. I called Maytag and was referred to A & E Factory Service. The first time I called I gave them all the information and was given a Tuesday appointment from 8-5 a.m. I work full time so I called on Monday to confirm the appointment and to make sure they could call me at least 30 minutes prior to arriving. When I called they said they didn’t have any of my information and was not scheduled for any repair. Which was untrue because I had talked to them a week prior. Acknowledging that accidents happen, I was very patient and set up another appointment for Thursday in the same week from 1-5 p.m. This time I left work a bit early to make sure when they called I would be right there. 4 o’clock rolls around and I give A & E a call. They said they were running behind but would have the technician call me back. 5:30 rolls around and still no word so I call back. This time I spoke to a manager who informed me that the computer systems went down and the technician had no idea where he was suppose to go or contact numbers to reschedule. Which I find hard to believe beings I called the company direct twice that day and left my number. The first time I called they said they were running around then the manager tells me the computers were down? Which is it? The manger then told me they would call me the next day and try to get me in. They called me at 10 a.m. to tell me the first available was Monday from 8-5 a.m. I said unacceptable and asked to speak to a manager. They said he would have to call me back. Hours passed and finally in irritation I called the company back and talked to an executive manager who informed me basically there was nothing he could do and the first available appointment was now Tuesday!!! Ive been over a week without a washer and feel that the situation could have been handled a little better than giving the run around and not having someone at least call me in the first place to tell me they were having issues! I don’t want to deal with this company again!

• Ni
      25th of Mar, 2008
    Maytag Washing Machine - very poor service!
    Maytag
    Phone: 2017730277
    www.aefactoryservice.com

Two Technicians have come to my home and did not repair my Washing machine. I was told during the first visit that I was to order a part that they did not have in stock. I was suckered into paying $216 as a partial payment for parts that were unnecessary because wrong diagnostics were made. In light of my dissatisfaction, I returned the parts ordered with my own money, and I demanded I be refunded.

They decline to give me my full refund claiming that they charge $75 for the visit regardless of the outcome. It has been nearly 100 days and as of yet after making several calls, there is no refund in sight. Meantime their records show that a refund was issued. THIS COMPANY MUST BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS FOR FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES.