Maytag Neptune Washer / procedure followed by maytag dependability plus

1 St Augustine, FL, United States

I purchased a policy from Maytag Dependability Plus on both, my Maytag washer and dryer. My washer broke down, I called Maytag Dependability Plus to have it repaired. They first called A&E Appliance Repair Service, then canceled A&E. Then they called another company to repair my washer. The repairman came to make the repairs, after the repairman diagnosed the problem, they wouldn't allow him to order the parts and fix the machine. By this time I have called Maytag Dependability Plus numerous times and had to call them again! They lined up A&E to come out again. The A&E repairman showed up, diagnosed the problem (2nd diagnosis), ordered the parts necessary to fix the machine. It took almost a week to receive the parts, I called A&E, the following week they sent another repairman to fix the machine... In total, it took 3 weeks to get my machine repaired...

Then the dryer broke down. I called Maytag Dependability Plus to have it repaired. They first called A&E Appliance Repair Service, then canceled A&E. Again, they called another company to repair my dryer. The repairman came to make the repairs, after the repairman diagnosed the problem, they wouldn't allow him to order the parts and fix the machine. Same as with the first time when my washer broke down, I had to call Maytag Dependability Plus numerous times and had to call them again! They lined up A&E to come out again. The A&E repairman showed up, diagnosed the problem (2nd diagnosis), ordered the parts necessary to fix the machine. It took almost a week to receive the parts, I called A&E, the following week they sent another repairman to fix the machine... Again, it took about 3 weeks to repair my machine!

Then, a year or so later the washer broke down for the 2nd time... Again, they lined A&E up to do the job. Again, they canceled A&E and called another company. He came out, diagnosed the problem and they canceled the repair! Then they lined up another company. After calling Maytag Dependability Plus again and again, I called them to find out what they were planning to do about my machine. They said they were sending another company, General Appliance. I called them to set an appointment They were not qualified to work on Neptune washers... Again, I called Maytag Dependability Plus. By this time I am hopping mad of course... They then called A&E Repair to fix the machine. The repairman came out, diagnosed the problem and ordered the parts. About a week later he was supposed to return and fix the machine... The parts didn't show up and neither did he! No one called me, so I called them again. They said they couldn't get the parts, said they were back ordered. I called the factory, Maytag Parts. They said they had the parts. I then called A&E and explained that Maytag had the parts. By this time, I know I've had to make at least 20 telephone calls back and forth between Maytag Dependability Plus and A&E Repair Service, and now the Maytag factory parts department. Is this crazy or what? Finally, they have ordered the parts. By this time, I'm 3 weeks trying to get these people to repair my washer. They are refusing to have the parts send 2 day air, so I've got to wait another week to 10 days to get my machine fixed, if it ever gets fixed at all. I will probably have to repair the machine myself.

This is a common practice of Maytag Dependability Plus to send other companies out and then cancel the repair... This costs them the additional service calls, costs the consumer (Maytag Customer) the convenience of a working Maytag appliance, time and money having to go to the laundry mat to wash their clothes.

I don't know what the relationship is between Maytag Dependabilty Plus and the Maytag Company, but if I were Maytag I would be taking a hard look at the procedures followed by Maytag Dependability Plus... It's no wonder Whirlpool is doing so well! Maytag is forcing all their own customers to purchase Whirpool appliances!