Maytag Neptune / won't spin and drain correctly!

Do not buy this machine! I paid good money for this machine and with in the year we have nothing but problems. First of all it "walks" all over the place. But we fixed that by putting a 1 in thick rubber mat underneath the machine. It also doesn't spin all of the way so I have to keep resetting it on to "extended spin". This may take SEVERAL times especially on towels, jeans, sweatshirts etc. Sometime taking several hours to do one load! When the repair man came out I was told that my house wasn't built correctly and I should have my husband reinforce the floors underneath the house. I didn't realize the serviceman was an expert contractor also. My house is only 8 years old and I am confident that it was built properly and easily passed inspection. The serviceman kept making excuses, I never had any type of problem like this with my old washer and dryer. This is so ridiculous! Energy efficient my a--! Maybe saves some water but cerftainly not on electricity! ( We were also told not to use the drawers underneath it either. They may also cause instability. You know those drawers that are $200.00 a piece.) I will never buy another Maytag of any kind!

A  26th of Mar, 2007 by
I just replaced my Maytag Neptune, 2001, after years of BAD performance. My husband bought them for me (dryer too) thinking what a great investment they would be.

I started noticing odor right away, & my clothes never seemed to be clean.I cannot tell you how many times, I had to wash a load 3 times to get it clean. We purchased the machines at Home depot in Ellsworth Maine. A few times the machine leaked, & it smelled like it was burning.

A local repair man told me it was not worth fixing. I am glad to have an inexpensive regular washer, I have had smelly laundry way too long. Maytag owes us.

Maytag Logo Maytag