Maytag Neptune And Maytag Dishwasher / never buying maytag again!!

I thought Maytag stood for quality...NO MORE! Do not waste your money as I have. I bought 3 appliances in 2002...a Neptune washer dryer set for over $1800 and a dishwasher for over $500. The Neptune washer replaced a 30 year old washer that had earned it's right to die!! In 2007 the Neptune washer (Model MAH5500BWW) motor control ciruit board died and the door gasket was badly molded...we were never notified about the class action suit on the gasket however. So to save labor, we ordered parts for $283 and installed them ourselves.

Currently, the Maytag dishwasher (Model MCD5100AWW) racks are corroding and literally falling apart. Maytag says they have no record of this problem and the racks are no longer under warranty. Cost of racks is almost half the dishwasher cost. I'm so disgusted. I think I'll be going back to handwashing my dishes and who knows...maybe there is a ringer washer in my future!!!

Comments

• Do
      11th of Sep, 2008

I totally agree. We have had our Neptune w/d set for several years now. We were also never notified of the lawsuit. My clothes smell bad, the washing machine literally jumps out in the floor and has ripped the linoleum. This set replaced my previous topload that was still working fine after 17 years(whirlpool brand). I will never buy Maytag again. Not sure the front loads are what I bargained for.