Maytag / maytag washing machine mvwb200wq2

1 Massapequa, NY, United States

I have a washing machine out of warranty, but within a year of it's purchase, there was a small spot on the lip of the lid that started to rust...I emailed Maytag about a year and a half ago, when this all started, and was told it was my water. It is NOT my water, as the only spot on the machine that rusts is a 4 inch spot on the lid lip. The rest of the machine is in excellent shape. It is gotten so much worse, that when I try to do a load of laundry, I need to clean the rust off each and every time, because it get's everywhere (all over under the lid, inside the machine) and it's just getting progressively harder to clean. I don't think this is fair and I really want to tell everyone about this issue to warn them of this problem! I got no help from Maytag when I emailed a year and a half ago, but i'm so frustrated right now, like I said, I want to file this complaint. My serial # is C13272016.

• Maytag Customer Care's Response, Nov 09, 2016

Hello Barb Ni, we truly apologize for the difficulty you had with your washer and we can certainly understand your concerns. If you would like, please email us at [protected]@Maytag.com with your name, address, phone number as well as the model and serial number of the washer. We would be glad to further review this matter for you.

Ba