Maytag / maytag range model no. mgr6600fz and maytag refrigerator model no. mrt711smfb

1 United States

The above range and refrigerator were purchased at ABC Warehouse in Livonia, Michigan, on July 13, 2018. I read the manuals . I was quite disappointed when the black enamel cooktop began to have a half-moon grayish shape and scaly peeling around the right Xl burner. It was not cleaned with any harsh cleaning agents. I was put in touch with Maytag Platinum Services. The original cooktop was replaced with two different scratched and marred to the metal defective cooktops. Finally, on September 24, 2018, the tech from Platinum Services replaced the cooktop with one he said looked the best from the other choices. I said I knew it was not new because it did not have the Maytag 10 year warranty sticker on it like the original. I accepted the cooktop because the back and forth complaining, appointments, and waiting for the part had taken its toll. This range is poorly designed because the two part grates are heavy and cumbersome. I have tried to be careful removing them, however, I now have several scratches on the front control panel. The grates are too close and have to be removed to clean the stove after each use. A three part grate would have been better to accommodate the fifth burner and a griddle(that was not included). Also, two Xl burners are not necessary. I should have left this range at the store. I only purchased it to match the refrigerator that was replacing another Maytag white refrigerator purchased in 2014. How dependable are Maytag appliances???? The shelves on the refrigerator freezer door do not accomodate frozen food items because they slide down in between the rails that hold them. The ledges are too short. (Poorly designed as well). These appliances probably won't last 10 years. I certainly know I will never, never purchase anymore Maytag appliances ever again.

• Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Oct 19, 2018

Thank you for your review.

We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please respond back to this email address, Maytag_Reviews@maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,