Maytag / maytag dryer
Model number medc300bw. Serial number m43972829. Purchased 10/20/2014.
I purchased my maytag dryer exactly three years ago when my dryer sparked in the back and shut off. It knocked all the electricity in the house out. My electrician determined that the wires in the dryer that connected to the power cord were not insulated and burned and melted together. He taped the wires and reconnected the dryer. I'm not too happy with maytag reliability. I'd be happy to send you the pictures of the melted wires.
Updated by Susan Lacey, Nov 22, 2017
It was not the power cable. It was the wiring inside the dryer that the power cable attaches to. My power cable was new and it sustained no damage when the wiring INSIDE the dryer overheated. If a licensed electrician cannot tape the wires correctly, the only thing left to do is get a new dryer.
Maytag Customer Care's Response, Dec 06, 2017
Hi Susan Lacey, we would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at [protected]@Maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance. Please also copy and paste your review from complaintsboard into the email as well.
More Maytag Complaints & Reviews
- Maytag - won't clean dishes! 
- Maytag / French Door Refrigerator - problems with the ice maker! 
- Maytag Atlantis Washing Machine - spin cycle problems 
- Maytag Quiet Series 200 Dishwasher - piece of junk! 
- Maytag - maytag centennial washer 
- Maytag - washer
- Maytag - maytag gas range is a lemon and they will not replace it 
- Maytag Refrigerator - compressor burned out-5th year! 
- Maytag - refrigerator
- Maytag - maytag dishwasher