Maytag / maytag dryer

Albuquerque, NM, US Review updated:

Model number medc300bw. Serial number m43972829. Purchased 10/20/2014.

I purchased my maytag dryer exactly three years ago when my dryer sparked in the back and shut off. It knocked all the electricity in the house out. My electrician determined that the wires in the dryer that connected to the power cord were not insulated and burned and melted together. He taped the wires and reconnected the dryer. I'm not too happy with maytag reliability. I'd be happy to send you the pictures of the melted wires.

Susan lacey
[protected]@comcast.net
[protected]

Maytag
Maytag

• Updated by Susan Lacey, Nov 22, 2017

It was not the power cable. It was the wiring inside the dryer that the power cable attaches to. My power cable was new and it sustained no damage when the wiring INSIDE the dryer overheated. If a licensed electrician cannot tape the wires correctly, the only thing left to do is get a new dryer.

• Maytag Customer Care's Response, Dec 06, 2017

Hi Susan Lacey, we would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at [protected]@Maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance. Please also copy and paste your review from complaintsboard into the email as well.

Su
Nov 22, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      Nov 22, 2017

Hi Ms. Lacey.

The wiring your speaking of is not a Maytag part. It is a separate 220 power cable to coincide with whatever your wall receptacle is. It's recommended that when a new dryer is purchased, this power cable is also replaced. Although there's nothing which requires one to do so.

I would highly suggest to not 'taping' wires to make them work. That is the form of thinking that can lead to future problems -- if not an actual house fire.