Maytag / washing machine

Maytag Legacy Series washing machine SAV15DEWW purchased in August 2004. In 4 1/2 years, the motor hub bearing and seal have gone out 3 times. Once under factory warranty, once under extended warranty I paid extra for, and now it is out again with no warranty.

Buyer Beware of Maytag products! There are just too many complaints regarding quality, service, and the fact they WILL NOT back their product. Spend a little extra and get an applicance that will last more than a few years. Maytag and Whirlpool are the two most complained on appliance makers I have found.

Ch

Comments

28th of Oct, 2008

I purchased a Maytag Ensignia washer from Sears two and a half years ago. Since that time it has been a huge disappointment! It has had two major repairs, the first at 8 months. The second just recently. The transmission went out. I was informed by the repair tech from Sears, which was a nightmare of its own, that it would cost more to repair then I paid for it. Surely you can do better than this Maytag! Im embarassed for you as well as angry! I do not ever plan to buy another Maytag washer or any products from Sears again. I recently purchased a new Speed Queen washer. They have a 3 year factory warranty! A 5 year warranty on the motor and a 10 year warranty on their transmission! Could it be that there is actually a company left that is proud of their product and stands behind it!!