Marriott Reservation Line / experience

It's our 10th anniversary, so we decided to treat us a nice gateaway to J.W. Marriott at Desert Springs. I got on the phone with their 1800 reservation line and experienced a complete un-Marriott like experience. Both my husband and I are Marriot Rewards Program members and we've been with Marriott for years. So this really came to a surprise to us. The lady on the phone was rude from the beginning. She suggested that I could go online and find all the informaiton I was asking from her. When she was done making the reservations, I realized she was booking for the completely wrong dates and corrected her. She insisted that those were the dates that I told her about (well, I think I would know when MY anniversary was, not her!) and started arguing with me. When she finally corrected the reservation, I asked her to repeat the info back to me (just to make sure she wasn't messing around with my anniversary gateaway7) -- she told me to check my email and refused to repeat the info. I know that this may seem nothing to a lot of people, however I had much higher expectations from Marriott. At least over the years we always had great experiences with them. Is this just a fluke that's caused by this individual, or is Marriott going downhill? I"d like to hear from other people.

Comments

• Ke
      Oct 19, 2010

I also am a Gold Elite member who has complaints about Marriot and their staffing of Hotels under Marriot name. I work for a Federal Government Agency and always chose to stay in Marriot when possible. This trip our business takes us to Sierra Vista, Arizona TownePlace Suites where one they refused us Government rate but gave rate to others staying in hotel. Two we asked them to extend our reservation several days before our check-out and never received a reply either by email or by message to our rooms. Tonight after a long days work we arrive back at the TownPlace Suites in Sierra Vista, Arizona walk in past the front desk without a hello or messgae left in room. My partner thought it wise to check our extension to find they have none. Why would they not tell us till now? I have never been so frustrated with Marriot Hotels in my Career as tonight! Then they tell us to check in the morning... Well that makes for a good night sleep doesn't it? Marriot TownsPlace in Sierra Vista will never see me or the 12 other government employees that work our Team ever again! Hell I may just cut the Gold Card in peices tonight while the mood is right...

• Bo
      Jul 17, 2013

I have received two emails with hotel confirmation numbers that were not mine..both to Houston Westchase Marriott. Trying to respond to the 800 numbers took much time and then was told there was nothing they could do as the confirmation numbers were not correct. I tried contacting the Houston hotel and kept getting busy signals on both their
    regular number and fax number. The numbers were correct so I can only assume this is a nationwide scam via the internet.