Marriott International / unprofessional general manager

Goldsboro, NC, US Review updated:

To whom it may concern:

This is in regards to an experience that I encountered on Nov 12, 2017 at your establishment. I booked a two day hotel stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover (4308 Big Tree Way) from November 10-12, 2017. I used an Explore Authorization Form for check in. Prior to check in I called several times and poke with customer service regarding my reservation. I was in an emotional state due to the loss of my loved one. When I checked out I was informed by Ashley at Guest Services that I should have let someone know that I was there for a funeral because I could have received a lower rate. I explained to Ashley that I did let someone know that I did inform someone that I was there for a funeral. Several times, when I called and when I checked in and no-one informed me of this. I asked her if I could receive the discounted rate for bereavement for this stay and she said that she did not have authorization to do that. She also let me know that it was available for me to use the next time should I need a bereavement discount again. I thanked her for the information and asked to speak to a manager and she gave me the information for Janet Collins the General Manager. Janet Collins was unavailable at the time because it was a weekend. So I called first chance Monday morning to see if something could be done about my bill since I had clearly notified staff that I was there for a funeral. To keep confusion to a minimum, I like to start from the beginning to paint a clear picture. I attempted to do this with Janet Collins while explaining to her my situation as well. Before I could finish talking she cut me off, raised her voice and accused me of being nasty to her employee Ashley, which I was not. (Ashley was very sweet. She and I had a lovely conversation after she checked me in and we both wished each other well upon my departure.)I asked Janet if she had spoken to someone already in regards to this incident. She said no then I asked Janet if I could finish speaking and she said, (again with a raised voice) No! I listened to you, now you listen to me. I was in complete shock. Janet told me that I had already kept her on the phone too long and she accused me of not having proper authorization to use the Explore Program. She said, "It looks like you have a fake authorization form. "I apologized for keeping her too long and explained to her that I did have authorization and the documentation to prove it. I asked for her manager's information and she refused to give that to me. I have never been spoken to in such a manner by anyone, especially someone with an authoritative position. First she spoke to me like I was a dog accusing me of something completely out of my character. Then she basically called me a liar and a thief. Her behavior was unprofessional at best. It was my understanding that the guest is the most important person to the Marriott and I can assure you that in this case I felt less than important, I felt belittled and insulted. I have spent several nights in your establishment in different parts of the world. This has put an extremely bad taste in my mouth about your establishment. I'm not sure that I will be choosing one of your hotels in the future. I do however look forward to speaking to someone personally regarding this incident. Please feel free to contact me at [protected] and/or [protected]@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Pi
Nov 20, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Nov 21, 2017

You will need to contact their customer service directly as they will likely not see your complaint here. That being said, I am sorry for your loss.