Marriott International / items stolen and treatment in marriott

1 New York, NY, United States

I, Felix E Alicea, want to report on first, my stay at the Fairfield Inn, 100 Greenwich Street, NYC, NY, 10006 was a total complete disaster. First, hotel is new and the rooms don't have storage for clothes, only a closet. Second, I tried to use the elevator on 22 Sept 2018 around 0715 from the fitness room located on the basement. The hotel had two elevators in which one elevator didn't move because one of the employees in the basement was holding up the elevator by charging his phone and playing music in which he stopped one of the elevators from running, therefore, everyone had to use one elevator in the hotel. Also, both days, the employees were late serving the breakfast in the morning, another delay. Third, clothing from my luggage was stolen from my room. They were an expensive pair of shorts (Dark Blue, Under Armor, pro stock item from the Syracuse Crunch, a pro American Hockey League Team, $80.00 value). The last time I seen the item was on morning of 22 Sept 2018 at 0730. I noticed the item missing because I was going to wear them in the evening. Like I mentioned, the room has no drawer furniture. It was taken out of my luggage and I had to file a police report with the local New York Police District (see attachment). Also, I had to pay to get a copy of the report ($15.00). When the police arrived on the scene in the afternoon, they took my report (#7706, or #07706), they also asked the employee at the front desk that if this incident ever happened. He first looked at me, then told them that it does happen at other hotels. It seems that this hotel takes advantage of having no storage space in the rooms for clothes except a closet. The hotel manager explained to me earlier that she has no employees take items out of luggage at the hotel. This hotel needs to be investigated because it seems the manager does not have a handle on the situation. I had things happen at other hotels but I never had items stolen from me nor told things.

I request that the Marriott Corporation provide me 80, 000 points for my stay plus they owe me $95.00 ($80.00 is the value of the shorts plus $15.00 for me paying for my own police report). I am totally disgusted by this hotel, the employees running the hotel rather than the manager and the misappropriate conduct of the hotel. The manager should be looked at. This is the worst Marriott franchise hotel that I stayed at and that being a military person is beyond all felt violated. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Fe